FL - Tug of War Between Mom & Man Trying to Kidnap Her Daughter (13)

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
The moment hero mom tackles man trying to kidnap her 13-year-old daughter in a Florida Dollar General store

Craig Bonello, 30, was arrested on Tuesday trying to flee Dollar General

He was seen pushing a shopping cart before suddenly grabbing girl, 13

He dragged her through the store, but her mom managed to stop him

Off-duty sheriff's deputy happened to be walking into store when he fled

Bonello was arrested and will be charged with kidnapping and child abuse

The manager yelled as Bonello tried to flee, and off-duty deputy Jonathan Behnen happened to be walking into the store after spending the morning in court.

Behnen blocked the 30-year-old's car as he tried to drive off and eventually arrested him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-duty-deputy-stop-him.html#ixzz4AzmqjAWB

Go Mama Bear! This poor child. How terrifying. It's crazy how he attempted this in public. This man is seriously sick. Please let's hope he's locked up for a long time. He poses a huge threat to society.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is there any word on whether he knew the girl in any way, or was this a totally brazen stranger abduction attempt?

Why didn't the manager lock the front doors? Or what is the procedure now for lost children or attempted abductions in stores? Didn't they used to lock the front doors? My memory is gone.

Why didn't the manager lock the front doors? Or what is the procedure now for lost children or attempted abductions in stores? Didn't they used to lock the front doors? My memory is gone.

That's also what I'm wondering as when I worked in retail, the procedure was that the doors were locked and employees had to help look for the missing child. It was even called a Code Adam because of Adam Walsh. That was maybe about 10 years ago since I was in retail, so I don't know if they still have that procedure in effect.

I'm sure there's a procedure but this looks like it happened in about 5 seconds. It's not like the mom went up to the counter and said her child was missing. The clerk probably thought it was a fight at first, not an abduction attempt.

Horrifying that this kind of thing happens. I have 2 small children and I get nervous going somewhere with both of them together by myself. What a messed up world.

That's also what I'm wondering as when I worked in retail, the procedure was that the doors were locked and employees had to help look for the missing child. It was even called a Code Adam because of Adam Walsh. That was maybe about 10 years ago since I was in retail, so I don't know if they still have that procedure in effect.

The retail store I used to work for also called it a "Code Adam" but they didn't lock the front doors. As soon as the code was called the supervisors on the front end were supposed to go to the doors and watch anyone walking out. However, in this case, I am not sure there was enough time to lock the doors because this wasn't a normal "missing child" situation, it happened super fast.

Watching that video really scared me. One of my biggest fears used to be me getting kidnapped but, every since I had my daughter, my worst fear is now her being kidnapped. I know I am over-protective but it's cases like this that make me that way.

when I saw the video I was stunned. Just so completely brazen. Unfrigginbelievable. SMH

Thank goodness mama fought like a lioness.

Ya, I couldn't tell from the video but one of the cable networks aired it & said mom finally sat on the daughters chest to keep him from taking her. Go mom!

ETA: and thank God the off-duty cop was in the right place at the right time. bless him.

I keep thinking thank God she was in the same aisle as her mom!!!!! A 13 year old would 100% be allowed to be looking at an aisle over in the Dollar General from their mom. Mom wouldn't have been able to grab on like she did. It scares the daylights out of me. That little girl was in for nothing good, if he got her!!!! Has anyone found his social media

I keep thinking thank God she was in the same aisle as her mom!!!!! A 13 year old would 100% be allowed to be looking at an aisle over in the Dollar General from their mom. Mom wouldn't have been able to grab on like she did. It scares the daylights out of me. That little girl was in for nothing good, if he got her!!!! Has anyone found his social media

I haven't been able to locate it if he has one - but then again I am lousy at FB searches. I can never find anyone!

Alarming that he'd do this in a small store where there is people. He didn't just talk to a little kid and ask them to go with him. He started dragging a teenager!! How the hell did he think he'd get away with this? Sick individual needs to be locked up for a long time. Anyone who would even attempt to do what this man did is a huge threat to the safety of others.

What would be the point of locking the door in this situation? That would have locked him inside the store with the child and the other people. Seems like that would have created more danger.

The child here wasn't missing.

i would have stabbed him. I do carry a knife. Utterly terrifying!!!!

The moment hero mom tackles man trying to kidnap her 13-year-old daughter in a Florida Dollar General store

Craig Bonello, 30, was arrested on Tuesday trying to flee Dollar General

He was seen pushing a shopping cart before suddenly grabbing girl, 13

He dragged her through the store, but her mom managed to stop him

Off-duty sheriff's deputy happened to be walking into store when he fled

Bonello was arrested and will be charged with kidnapping and child abuse

The manager yelled as Bonello tried to flee, and off-duty deputy Jonathan Behnen happened to be walking into the store after spending the morning in court.

Behnen blocked the 30-year-old's car as he tried to drive off and eventually arrested him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-duty-deputy-stop-him.html#ixzz4AzmqjAWB

The very worst part about this case is that this dangerous maniac might not serve much time, at all! Since he wasn't successful in his attempted very violent act, it won't carry as severe of a sentence. I wonder what the terms are for what he did. This guy needs his key thrown away once he is inside those bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back