GUILTY TX - Lyfe 'Gabe' Flores, 2, scalded to death, Haltom City, 24 March 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article82255522.html

A Haltom City toddler died from complications of thermal burns in a Dallas hospital in April — injuries he suffered at his grandmother’s home — authorities said Tuesday.

His grandmother, Patricia A. Flores, 43, has been charged with injury to a child/serious bodily injury... She told a Haltom City officer that she left the bathroom for a few minutes, returning to find her grandson lying on the floor. Flores told Haltom City police she didn’t seek help because she believed that as a certified nursing assistant, she could care for his injuries, according to the affidavit.

Six days passed before Flores called 911 on March 30, reporting that her grandson appeared to be going into shock and was having trouble breathing.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ds-but-will-anyone-face-a-murder-charge.html/

The boy — his name was Lyfe — suffered for nearly a week before Haltom City officers found him at his grandmother’s house: his tiny feet and hands scalded, knots on his head, old wounds infected...

“The fact that she waited so long and the injuries were so severe, and so obviously severe … it seems highly unlikely that it was an accidental case,” said Haltom City police spokesman Matt Spillane.

I don't understand why she didn't go to a doctor with him. She claims to have certain medical knowledge, so would it not have been even more obvious to her than anyone else that Lyfe was not doing well? She should be punished for letting that little boy suffer all those days :(

I don't understand why she didn't go to a doctor with him. She claims to have certain medical knowledge, so would it not have been even more obvious to her than anyone else that Lyfe was not doing well? She should be punished for letting that little boy suffer all those days :(

IMO because she knew damn well that Lyfe was severely injured and she selfishly decided to protect herself from LE by trying to care for him. Anyone with even minimal training - such as a CNA - would know to call 911 after seeing severe burns on a child.

A Tarrant County grand jury indicted a Haltom City grandmother Friday in connection with the death of her 2-year-old grandson.

“She had checked on Lyfe earlier and thought he was asleep, “ the affidavit states. “Lyfe had pooped and peed on the bathroom floor and as Flores began to clean this up, she noticed that Lyfe had burns to his legs and hands.”

Flores told investigators that her grandson never yelled out or screamed in pain.

“Flores felt that since she was a trained certified nursing assistant, she could care for Lyfe’s injuries herself and never reported this incident, or sought medical care for Lyfe from a doctor, “ the affidavit states.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article105415241.html

She waited 6 days before calling 911. Can you imagine the pain and suffering Lyfe endured?

And frankly, what two-year-old decides to hop into a tub of scalding mop water? Something stinks about this story.

Cops pay drug addicts (informants) to snitch on dealers.

But no one pays them to snitch on bad parents or caretakers.

So maybe cps needs to start a informant program where people of poverty are rewarded for simply caring about a child that is obviously being neglected or abused.

Idk.

She didn't call 911 because she abused that poor boy by punishing him with boiling water. No way did that child willingly go into a tub of scalding water, and never make a sound.
He either had a potty accident which set this in motion, or after she scalded him he went into shock and potties on the floor.
She is evil and sick.

Cops pay drug addicts (informants) to snitch on dealers.

But no one pays them to snitch on bad parents or caretakers.

So maybe cps needs to start a informant program where people of poverty are rewarded for simply caring about a child that is obviously being neglected or abused.

Idk.

It's an idea. Unbelievable how so many kids get abused and people know about it, but do nothing. Unfortunately, there's money in the drug biz, not so much in the kid biz :(

More info here: CPS had been involved before, and there were 3 others of age living there that could have saved him....

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ath-of-2-year-old-whom-cps-placed-in-her-care

She said Lyfe and his younger sister lived with their parents in the Fort Worth area until February, when his father was accused of assaulting his mother.

Because the mother would not leave the father, CPS placed both children in Hamilton's home temporarily, she said.

"My husband and I took both babies," she said. "Took them to day care. Every night coming home, giving baths, going to bed."

But after a few weeks, Hamilton said, CPS decided that the children would be better off with their paternal grandmother, Flores, because she didn't work and could stay with them all day.

...so sad that he had a set of caring, loving grandparents, and CPS chose to move them into a monsters lair...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/haltom-city-boys-death-officially-ruled-homicide/235518174

From the link:

While she claimed his death was an accident, possibly from him getting into hot bath water she was running errands, an arrest warrant stated the boy's body was 20 percent burned, including burns to his genitals and buttocks, and he had internal bleeding, as well as knocked-out teeth.

"It's just a nightmare," said the toddler's maternal aunt Jessica Rhodes. "I just don't understand how you can see your baby in pain and not get them the attention they need."

Rhodes says her family hopes charges will be increased, now that the death has been ruled a homicide.

The Haltom City police say the new information has been passed along to the Tarrant County District Attorney, and it'll be up to them to add more charges. The DA's office would not comment on this case, as it's a pending investigation.

"I want them to take their time so they can make sure to get everything they need to so they can prosecute her to the fullest extent," Rhodes said.

Hoping for justice for Gabe Flores.

CPS needs to be supplied with undercover investigators that seek out justice for kids that are in harms way.

Or at least have a budget to reward people when they come with evidence of how they know whom is harming kids in their area. Jmo

Haltom City Woman Could Learn Fate For Death Of Grandson

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/04/05/haltom-city-woman-could-learn-fate-for-death-of-grandson/

Today a Tarrant County jury could decide the fate of a grandmother who pleaded guilty to murder in the death of her two-year-old grandson.

The jury will decide what kind of punishment to hand down to 44-year-old Patricia Flores, a Haltom City woman who waited nearly a full week before seeking medical treatment for her injured grandchild.

Flores pleaded guilty to murder on Monday. It was in April of last year when the woman was charged with taking care of her two-year-old grandson, Lyfe Flores.

The punishment phase of the trial began Tuesday and continues this morning.

this is exactly what this was... a potty accident.... she was telling him he was dirty and she was going to wash him in this hot azz water. the fact that she mentioned the poop and pee says it all to me.

why aren't ppl more patient? they are only little for a short time. my youngest was THREE YEARS AND SEVEN MONTHS before he would go to the potty.... and when he decided to, it was literally one day of "training".

She didn't call 911 because she abused that poor boy by punishing him with boiling water. No way did that child willingly go into a tub of scalding water, and never make a sound.
He either had a potty accident which set this in motion, or after she scalded him he went into shock and potties on the floor.
She is evil and sick.

I feel so terribly awful for this poor baby, he was shuffled around from his mom and dad, who had problems but likely loved him, to the maternal grandparents, who loved him then to this monster and he prob had no idea why she was being so mean to him!!!!

A CNA? She thought because she took a 6 week course she could treat this baby's wounds? I'm sorry but no she was trying to keep abuse hidden IMO and why is it so hard to never leave babies and toddlers in the bathroom alone....this makes me angry😣

💘 💘"Break the rules and stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart" 💘 💘

this is exactly what this was... a potty accident.... she was telling him he was dirty and she was going to wash him in this hot azz water. the fact that she mentioned the poop and pee says it all to me.

why aren't ppl more patient? they are only little for a short time. my youngest was THREE YEARS AND SEVEN MONTHS before he would go to the potty.... and when he decided to, it was literally one day of "training".
ITA the younger years of my two kids went by way to fast and everyday they need me just a little less and it makes me sad. I just don't understand what goes on in someone's heart to make them purposefly inflict pain on babies and children. They are so defenseless and innocent..

💘 💘"Break the rules and stand apart, ignore your head and follow your heart" 💘 💘

My daughter is still not fully potty trained. She doesn't poop on the potty consistently and she is 4. Sure, it's frustrating, but I can never imagine hurting her in such a way. They will go when they are ready!

RIP Lyfe. My heart is broken.

CPS needs to be supplied with undercover investigators that seek out justice for kids that are in harms way.

Or at least have a budget to reward people when they come with evidence of how they know whom is harming kids in their area. Jmo

I think you have something here and it should definitely be explored. I think the way we deal with child abuse definitely needs to become more of an operation. If you're not familiar with O.U.R. (Operation Underground Railroad), their whole mission is to save children from child slavery. Obviously, that kind of abuse is a bit different because it's a business, but we could stand to have some kind of organization that similarly rescues children who are being abused in their homes or towns; something more substantial than CPS. Of course, this organization should work in tandem with CPS and law enforcement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back