NV NV - Kenneth Veach, 47, Las Vegas, 10 Nov 2014

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
I have done a LOT of looking into this case, I cant believe I never posted it before, I know I meant to many times.

Unfortunately there is very little MSM information on it, but there is a bunch of stuff on reddit, social media, youtube etc that we cannot discuss.

The video above is what brought some notoriety to the case, people speculate that he returned to the "mysterious M cave" and met with some peril.

The overwhelming likelihood IMO is that he pushed himself too far and died from exhaustion or dehydration, misadventure etc, the second most likely thing would be he disappeared on purpose but there is only circumstantial evidence to suggest this and IMO it is much less likely.

He was known to handle wild animals like snakes (he was bit by a poisonous snake once) and to push himself to extremes while on his hikes, things like not eating or drinking for as long as he could to test himself.

The mine shaft mentioned in the story above, that his cell phone was found near, was searched - he was not in there.

i wish one of the shows like 48 hours or 20/20 would do a segment on this case, i would like to know more about his finances (he was trying to sell his house at the time) and about his vehicle when it was found - he mentions in a video that he would leave some drinks in a cooler in his car for when he finished his trip, i wonder if they were there.

i would really like to know what happened to kenny

It is interesting this wasn't covered all that extensively locally (I'm in Vegas) though it wasn't fully ignored by the media here and it certainly does seem like Red Rock Search & Rescue made thorough efforts to find him. He didn't disappear off a main hiking trail or even *near* a main hiking trail, he was a highly independent and not-super-safety-prone wilderness hiker forging through remote mountains in a desert terrain without GPS according to what I'm seeing. I'm not a hiker, so this is just my own (maybe misguided opinion) but I'm kinda impressed they found anything given that. (Though Kenny gave a pretty detailed description of exactly where his start for the search for the M cave started so they were surely able to pinpoint that and search from there.)

Unfortunately, it appears that his GF at the time of his disappearance believes that suicide is also a viable option in this case. (According to comments made on his YouTube channel, Snakebitmgee.) Kenny seemed like an interesting and likeable guy in his videos, I'm sure he's greatly missed and I hope his friends and family find some peace.

I def think he was suffering with Bipolar with psychotic features and he killed himself

I came to that conclusion by :

he was def manic on his videos pressured in speech unable to stay on topic

father killed himself there are some correlations there

mental illness - genetic component

verbalized detailed plans regarding suicide - no one will find me -- having detailed notions about ending ones life generally speaking indicate the likelihood of doing so

bipolar tends to result in :

creative - things he made

bizarre thinking selling his house with him in it certainly meets that criteria

frequent high risk behaviors: his hiking certainly meets that criteria -- going into the dessert with little water also qualifies

dehydration can result in hallucinations psychosis etc -- seeing the M cave might be just that

claimed he walked up a 9000 foot mountain to sleep and the following morning claimed to climb down -- that's 18000 feet -- somewhat grandiose?

suddenly quitting a 17 year career impulsive? Tendency to mismanage money is a hallmark of the illness

the notion that a tee shirt is a major deal is not connected to reality another thing I saw he made and thought it would be the next thing was a wooded toilet paper holder -- illogical thinking peculiar as well

on his video his says when he found a rock out in the dessert his conclusion that it indicates that human beings have been there is so irrational (the conclusion)

his gf stated he battled with thoughts of suicide for some time

the notions that his body began vibrating intensely sounds more like a delusion or break with reality

pressured and rapid speaking is huge component of a manic episode

back to risk taking no gps on him easily falls into that category as does bringing a small amount of water and food while planning to be in the dessert for hour upon hour certainly is risk taking

in his video there are no shots of being very high in the air looking down all terrain when he sets up to film his hike is on flat ground

when he sees the animal (forgot which one) he concludes that the animal can probably hear him talking and then pulls the camera back to where he is the distance is incredible - you cant even SEE the animal. The belief that an animal like can hear from miles away is not a conclusion based in reality

his hopes after quitting his career was that he would be a smash on YT which would support him ( selling t shirts and a toilet paper holder) is certainly a questionable conclusion

no job financial stressors are def a component of suicide ( helpless hopeless ness)

his gf did state he was having financial problems -- she also stated he described suicidal thoughts for many many years

his recent search history was about suicide

he clearly indicated that if he did kill himself he would never be found-- out in the dessert makes sense

his cell phone being found laid on the ground nicely appears more like placing as opposed to a dramatic drop

his truck being found eradicates the notion that he just want to disappear and start over somewhat eradicates that possibly

there are hungry wild animals out in the desert lions......

the M cave has never been found although folks have searched for it

the illness can often be become more problematic with age (47)

the quitting the job might be fired as a result of deteriorating performance - congruent with the illness and ageing

tendency to be articulate is high

creativity is a component of mania

as far as we know not really a long history of relationships relationships are very difficult as far as the illness goes

he did have a adult daughter by no mention of previous marriage -- he was handsome promiscuity when younger is another hallmark of mania

grandiosity is another component of the illness many examples mentioned above

The notion that he wanted to sell his house with him being a part of the purchase price - he comes with the house (watch his videos linked above) that certainly meets irrational bizarre grandiose disconnected with reality somewhat impulsive and delusional financial difficulties ( or attempts to get rid of stuff prior to killing self )

dying of natural causes might result in more likelihood of being found they searched right away

they did go down the hole right near the cell phone and found nothing - a fall in a crevice is a possibility but IMO the above mentioned seems more probable

with the passage of time gf did come to suicide conclusion

she described him as a lot fun -- mania often results in that being the case when happening

I have wondered if this supposed M cave he was talking about in his videos even exists. He never officially showed it in any of his videos. He was always just making videos about trying to find it again. I heard he was going through a lot of personal problems and I wonder if the M cave was just a suicide story he was developing.

Something seems so off about this story. The phone detail and mine shaft really seem eerie to me IMO.
Also here are more photos of Kenny:
125E78C3-9651-4808-AD86-E91CE7833A0C.jpeg 2747593B-54D6-4948-81E5-38CC5E476471.jpeg

I think suicide seems plausible, considering the circumstances (child support costs, no income, etc).

I'm looking into any NamUs unidentified remains in Clark County, Nevada that are remotely possible to match Kenny. So far I have these, sorted by county:

Clark County:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (April 12, 2020)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (January 30, 2020)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (2017)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (2016)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (2015, this one is particularly compelling the clothing matches exactly.)

@doggybag2355 unfortunately the one you like for it is soooo different height wise - 5’ body, beach was 5’8” - I don’t think they can be the same.

The last two, the 2020s, have very little info but could be. Do we know if there’s dna available for him? If so they’ll run it against those two if they are put into codis.

so weird he’s not on doe network.

Bumping for Kenny.
Also---I may be mistaken---but I saw--or truthfully I Didn't see a NAMUS or a Charley Project page. Or am I missing them?
I may need an afternoon pot of coffee lol.

they did go down the hole right near the cell phone and found nothing - a fall in a crevice is a possibility but IMO the above mentioned seems more probable

This is an interesting statement. I would appreciate a link to this evidence. My "theory" is everything you stated above is true, and that he left the phone next to the mine shaft, and the video, so investigators would know where to find his body. It seems to me due to the lack of follow-up, LEO handling the case, thinks this might have been his resting place. I haven't seen any evidence that suggests they searched the "very vertical mine shaft". By evidence, I mean, shouldn't there be a video or something from this search down the shaft in his case file? I think they may have made the assumption and gave up.

Technology has come a very long way in the past 6+ years.

Thank you to everyone for input or suggestions.

This Youtuber believes this to possibly be the cave and it does have the “M” shape to it-obviously can’t be absolutely certain this is the cave Kenny was referring to! They show it at the 1:09 mark

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back