1182 users online (221 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Shooting at Dallas Love Field Airport, 10 June 2016

A shooting has reportedly taken place in the baggage claim area of the Dallas Love Field airport in Dallas, Texas.

The shooting was first reported at the airport on Twitter around 12:15 p.m. on Twitter.

A smartphone video that captured the shooting shows a security officer at the airport pointing his gun after gunshots can be heard firing.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/346162-shooti...as-love-field/

Cell phone video captured the incident. About half-way through, you can see an officer/security guard with his gun drawn on someone. I don't believe you can see the actual shooting, but warning: the video is disturbing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEn08yCg4c

Oh glad you made a thread. I am watching wfaa live on TV, channel 8. The reporter said the perp was throwing rocks into the windshield and windows of a woman's car. They believe it was a domsetic situation and that woman is the one seen in the video in the striped dress .

they had to have everyone leave the gates and go through security again because during the commotion some people fled through the security gates without being properly screened - i wonder if they also have to do a full sweep of the areas beyond the security check? wouldnt seem necessary in this case but i wonder if it is protocol... or should be.

I think evacuating the gate areas and re-screening is normal procedure for any incident like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Video of Entire Incident

http://https://dpdbeat.com

This website has a video that shows all of the incident including the what led up to the shooting and the initial police response.

Oh man. Woman's ex turns stalky, she decides to be "nice" and drop him off at the airport (since he flew to her state to continue the stalkage!), whereupon exiting the vehicle he does his best to obtain suicide by cop. (Survived.)

I hope she has a strong support network.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/dpd-l...ting/239298955

Monday-Thursday

Shawn Diamond leaves his home state of Maryland and drives to his ex-girlfriend's house in Dallas. The ex becomes scared of Diamond while they are on Marsh Lane in Carrollton and walks away from him, getting into her car.
    Diamond gets into his car and intentionally drives into trees.
    Carrollton PD arrests Diamond and charges him with criminal mischief.
    The ex-girlfriend agrees to take Diamond to the airport to return home after he is released from jail.
    Friday

While driving to the airport, Diamond becomes angry and hits his ex-girlfriend, she tells police.
    They arrive at Love Field at about noon and the ex-girlfriend begins unloading bags.
    Diamond exits the car and smashes the back window with a traffic cone. He repeatedly hits the car.
    Diamond then picks up large rocks and breaks windows of the car.
    A Dallas police officer arrives and tries to move the ex-girlfriend away.
    Diamond approaches the officer with a rock in each hand and a "threatening demeanor."
    The officer pulls out his gun and tries to move away from Diamond. A second officer comes up with his Taser drawn.
    Video shows Diamond making a swift movement. He appears to be circling the officer.
    When Diamond makes a "quick approach" toward the officer, he fires his weapon and Diamond hits the ground.
    Video shows the officer telling Diamond to "stay down."
    Video shows that when Diamond gets up with rocks still in his hands, he charges the officer again.
    The officer then fires his weapon several times.
    Diamond is taken to a local hospital where he is in stable condition.
    Copyright 2016 WFAA

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornSpeakEasy View Post
    http://https://dpdbeat.com

This website has a video that shows all of the incident including the what led up to the shooting and the initial police response.
    Wow.

They had to shoot him. He wouldn't stop moving, and he was heading inside. They didn't know what he might have had with him - a gun, explosives, etc. They had to shoot. I feel sorry for the cops who are forced into doing that.
    JMO. MOO.

Thank god he had this final meltdown in a place where he was caught quickly and she was kept safe. I think it would have gone differently if they hadn't been in public. I guess that's obvious, but still scary to think about.

Wow what a contrast between the two videos. The first video doesn't really show what is actually happening, and why so many shots. The second video shows what was really going on during all of the shots. It really makes me realize that just because something is shown on video it doesn't always catch what is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Thank god he had this final meltdown in a place where he was caught quickly and she was kept safe. I think it would have gone differently if they hadn't been in public. I guess that's obvious, but still scary to think about.
    She was very, very lucky.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The woman must have been a VERY nice person to have offered to drive him to the airport! Thankfully she is okay.

Oh my I can't get over how people are just casually continuing to load/unload bags and trot along with their wheelie bags while guns are being drawn. That is just surreal to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast