1266 users online (214 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Trayshawn Harris, 6, & Joshua Greely, 1, San Francisco, 19 Oct 2005 *Mom guilty*

POSTED: 7:37 pm PDT October 19, 2005
    UPDATED: 11:05 pm PDT October 19, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- Rescuers searched Wednesday night for the bodies of three young children who were reportedly tossed in San Francisco Bay near a popular waterfront stretch in a case being investigated as a homicide, authorities said.

A man called 911 at 5:30 p.m. to report that the children were dropped from Pier 7 into the chilly water, said San Francisco Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White.

"Because of the nature of the injuries, the possible fatalities, at this time this case is now assigned to our homicide unit," Police Chief Heather Fong said.KTVU learned from family members that the children were between the ages of one and six. Police spokeswoman Maria Oropeza said authorities were searching for three children.

A woman who is reported to be the mother of the children has been arrested by police, but authorities were not releasing her identity, Oropeza said.

While rescuers searched for the children, an empty stroller was visible on the pier. A small inflatable Coast Guard boat was hugging the water front as rescuers used hand-held flashlights to search under the pier. Larger Coast Guard and San Francisco police boats were searching the water with high-powered flashlights. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/5129611/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

OMG. This is too horrible!!!! I pray those kids are found. I can just never, never, never ever understand why things like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    OMG. This is too horrible!!!! I pray those kids are found. I can just never, never, never ever understand why things like that happen.

I just heard about this....one of the children's body has been recovered. I can't imagine why women do something like this. Like Susan Smith...she could have given those two little boys to their dad yet she chose to drown them...may she burn in hell when she dies.

So far the news is really sketchy about this mom. The stroller sitting there empty tells us that there is a baby involved. Don't these women realize that there are people who would give anything to have children. Why murder them instead. This woman has to be insane. No sane mother does this to her babies.

Poor kids

AOL has this story, the children are 1, 3 and 6 they have found the body of the 3 year old. The names are published as well the mother being Lashaun Harris 23. Says she told police she heard voices in her head telling her to do it. The mayor Gavin Newsom went to the crimescene and was quoted as saying he was sick to his stomach, I know I was in shock for awhile myself. Also was the pier at the embarcadero(sp) is where she did this and someone saw her and called police.

Makes my heart ache.

This happened last night around 5:30 pm and they were able to find the 3 year olds body 4 hours later. The pic posted in the story shows it's very dark and stated they were searching under the pier with high powered flashlights and out into the bay for the other two.

She's already been charged on 3 counts of murder, the baby's stroller was found empty on the pier. This woman is only 23 years old and was living in a salvation Army shelter with her children.

Those poor babies !! I can't imagine what they went through ! I do not understand how anyone, especially a mother, could do this !

"woman has to be insane. No sane mother does this to her babies."

I sure hope this worthless piece of **** does NOT get off on the INSANITY plea for this. I think the insanity plea is crock of ****!!!
    Misty

OMG. This is so horrible. God Bless those poor babies.

I don't understand.

I stopped in my tracks this morning when they were talking about this on the news and I just shook my head. This woman needs to be thrown off of the dock.

As a mother myself I just can't understand how someone could hurt their kids. God bless these little ones and may the angels now keep them safe, they are in my prayers. Let the mother burn in Hell!

The woman had stopped taking her meds... was homeless... WHY were these kids with her? Her family knew she was unbalanced and she is alone and homeless with three kids?????? WTH!!

A man called 911 at 5:30 p.m. to report that the children had been dropped from a pier into the chilly water, said Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White. The case was being investigated as a homicide.

The children were believed to be under age 10, said Police Chief Heather Fong.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1231996

One body was recovered late Wednesday from the chilly waters of San Francisco Bay by officials searching for three children allegedly dropped off a pier by a woman, authorities said.

U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams were searching San Francisco Bay late Wednesday following a 911 call that said a woman had dropped up to three young children into the chilly waters.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/20/chi...bay/index.html

Authorities have booked an Oakland mother on three counts of murder after she allegedly tossed her three children into San Francisco Bay.

Rescuers searching the chilly waters have recovered one body. The San Francisco Examiner reports the body of the woman's 3-year-old son was recovered last night, about four hours after a witness reported seeing a woman drop the children off Pier Seven in the Embarcadero area.
    http://www.nbc11.com/news/5129267/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

How heartbreaking....those poor babies....

Putting possible "insanity" aside, the first thing that should be done to this woman, slap her ass on an operating table and rip out her reproductive organs. In my opinion, she has lost her right to bring children into this world and to be a "mother." She's still young enough to have more if they don't. And, I agree completely with the earlier post that insanity is a crock.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast