1336 users online (273 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

KS - Ariel Medina, 17, Wichita, 10 June 2016

This area is known for sex trafficking

Her FB profile is concerning in many ways, especially since most of the posts were from when she was only 13. The combination of being a beautiful young girl who looks older than her age and having disabilities that make her emotionally/mentally much younger makes her very vulnerable IMO. Everything about this sounds scary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

And another one (hasn't been used for 2 years)

https://www.facebook.com/ariel.medina.507027
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Very sad. Hopefully they are looking into her online accounts!!

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    They have pulled the flyer because they need to update some information. You might check later to see if an updated version is available.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

The phone information is off... how does this change the case?

Quote Originally Posted by coralynne View Post
    This area is known for sex trafficking
    I could not find the original missing poster. When you say this area is known for sex trafficking, are you meaning all of Wichita, or a particular area of Sedgewick County? TIA!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Wichita mother worries missing teen is vulnerable
    Virginia Gonzalez’s 17-year-old daughter, Ariel Medina, had been gone from her south Wichita home for 21 days as of Thursday evening.
    Gonzalez wears the pained expression of a mother who has been counting the days.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/art...#storylink=cpy
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article87360087.html

Acting on a tip, Wichita police found Ariel Medina on Friday in a South Broadway motel room. Two people – a man and a male juvenile – were booked on suspicion of harboring a runaway, Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay said Saturday.

Ramsay said that the girl was found unharmed.

South Broadway is not a good part of Wichita! I hope Ariel gets the help she needs in order to stay safe.
    - Audrey Hepburn