1022 users online (183 members and 839 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sidney Moorer pretrial hearing - 13 June 2016

Pretrial hearings for SM are scheduled to start Monday morning, June 13, and the defense is seeking to suppress testimony from Elvis’ former roommate.

One motion in SM’s case seeks to prohibit “the introduction of certain evidence,” including staged photographs of the Ms posing with a firearm while on vacation; statements made by TM, in any form, to or about Heather Elvis or the Elvis family; all communication between SM and TM; all photographs explicit in nature obtained from the Ms; and other prejudicial and non-probative evidence.

A motion was also filed attempting to “quash,” which means to annul or void, the obstruction of justice charge, and an additional motion was submitted seeking to prohibit the charges of kidnapping and obstruction of justice from being tried together.

The defense also wants to throw out “any evidence of hearsay statements purported to have been made by Heather Elvis,” including the testimony of Elvis’ former roommate, BW. On Dec. 18, 2013, the day Elvis was last heard from, SM spoke to Elvis from a payphone at Mr. Joe White Avenue in Myrtle Beach for more than four minutes.

The defense also goes after the Horry County police and former Elvis case prosecutor Donna Elder in a court document that is labeled as a response to state plea negotiations. The document states an offer made to Sidney Moorer should be admissible, and goes on to state: “In particular, it would be admissible to show a true picture of the conduct, bias, and immensely inadequate investigation and handling of this case by law enforcement and prosecutor at the time, Donna Elder.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/new...e83091777.html

Thank you for the hearing thread!

http://wpde.com/ said they would 'be there' (at the hearing) on their live broadcast Friday PM, but nothing on their website at this time.

WMBF just posted a link on their Facebook page. Coverage supposed to start at 10:30

WMBF's live stream will begin at 10:30 EST

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/322072...m?sf28562995=1
    “It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”
    ― Anne Frank

RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

Quote Originally Posted by bestill View Post
    Elvis's are there. Was that SM in the pink shirt?

Heather's family in the seating behind prosecutors. One person sitting behind defense table, looks like T's mother?

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    Elvis's are there. Was that SM in the pink shirt?
    Good eye, looks like him, that ugly goatee.

Just saw on the WMBF twitter page that @kaitlinstanseil is live tweeting

@kaitlinstanseil - this is our set up for the Sidney Moorer pre-trial hearing. The judge won't allow our laptops or cell phones to be used, so I'm sitting outside watching the live feed. I'll be live tweeting the whole thing.

SM is at the table but where is wide load TM?

Quote Originally Posted by bestill View Post
    SM is at the table but where is wide load TM?
    probably waiting for a grand entrance.

I am so nervous and worried over this hearing. Can't imagine how difficult it is for the Elvis family.

All the attorney's (both sides) just left together.

I just want to say thank God for you all and our mutual concern for Heather!

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    All the attorney's (both sides) just left together.
    They didn't walk out, looks like they walked out back by the judge's chambers?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast