Bosma Murder Trial 06.13.16 - Day 60 - Charge to jury - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Judge to finish his charge to the jury
CBC News Jun 13, 2016

TIM_BOSMA___Gallery.jpg

link

Justice Andrew Goodman is expected, Monday, to deliver the final parts of his two-day set of instructions to the jury to help guide them on the legal principles they must consider as they weigh the evidence in the case of the two men accused of murder in the death of Hamilton's Tim Bosma.

​Goodman began his charge to the jury on Friday. He told jurors that the only way they can find Millard and Smich guilty of first-degree murder is if the Crown has successfully proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Bosma's death was planned and deliberate.

Goodman told the jury that they cannot return a verdict of first-degree murder in this case by virtue of Millard or Smich unlawfully confining Bosma.

Follow our live coverage starting at 9:30 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Final day before deliberations, finally! I, like many other I am sure, felt like this day would never come at some points in time during the trial.

It's time for the Jury to do their thing! Once again, Let's do this!

Back at the courthouse today. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:11 AM

We're now underway. Just waiting for the jury.
by Adam Carter 9:31 AM

I must admit, I feel a little anxious today. I cannot imagine how Tim's family and friends are feeling today.

Sending good vibes and healing thoughts to all. The next little while is going to be very stressful.

Justice Goodman now resuming his charge with his summary of the evidence.
by Adam Carter 9:34 AM

He's jumping back in with Christina Noudga's testimony, and her involvement after the fact.
by Adam Carter 9:35 AM

Goodman touching on things like how she moved the Eliminator, and her texts back and forth with Millard where the word "mission" was used.
by Adam Carter 9:36 AM

I must admit, I feel a little anxious today. I cannot imagine how Tim's family and friends are feeling today.

Sending good vibes and healing thoughts to all. The next little while is going to be very stressful.

I feel the same way. When I think of the fact that soon we will know the verdict, I get anxiety. The wait during deliberations is going to feel like forever for the Bosma family I am sure.

He's also talking about the DVR that Millard gave Noudga. She said she thought it was a "stereo."
by Adam Carter 9:39 AM

He's also mentioning how Millard dropped off the toolbox to Hagerman early on May 10.
by Adam Carter 9:41 AM

Goodman tells the jury they can review her messages and call logs.
by Adam Carter 9:43 AM

He's also talking about when Noudga wiped down the trailer containing Bosma's truck, and did so under the direction of Millard's mother.
by Adam Carter 9:45 AM

Noudga "categorically denied" reaching out to Michalski or Hagerman to ask them to change their testimony, Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 9:46 AM

"Noudga testified that Millard supported Smich in every aspect of Smich's life," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 9:47 AM

"She denied ever seeing a photograph of the gun, even though it was sent to her by email," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 9:49 AM

He's now moving on to Smich's evidence.

He makes a point to say that Smich and Millard and "no one else" went on the test drive with Bosma.

Goodman is running through Smich's version of events, where he followed behind Millard and Bosma, and Millard was the one who shot him.
by Adam Carter 9:51 AM

"Smich testified there was a lot of blood in the truck when he first observed Bosma."
by Adam Carter 9:52 AM

Goodman now recounting Smich's testimony that Millard could have put Bosma into the Eliminator himself.
by Adam Carter 9:54 AM

I can do some tweets this morning - sorry for the dump, I'm behind!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 17m17 minutes ago
The 12 jurors are back in the courtroom and Justice Goodman has quickly resumed his recap of the evidence as part of his charge. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 16m16 minutes ago
Judge is reprising evidence of Christina Noudga. She said Millard told her incinerator was to burn animals.

She testified "mission" could mean many things, including "picking up groceries."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 15m15 minutes ago
Text from Millard to Noudga, May 6. She said she didn't know what mission was or why it might take all night. She didn't see him that day.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 15m15 minutes ago
She testified she didn't know what "mission digestion" meant in a text. Or what "tiny mission" meant.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 14m14 minutes ago
Millard gave her what she said she believed was a stereo. She put it in her closet on May 9. Turned out to be DVR from hangar.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 14m14 minutes ago
Thirty minutes to drive to Kleinburg and smoked pot. Towing trailer. Drive from there to hangar — "she was otherwise occupied."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 13m13 minutes ago
After hangar, Millard wanted to make one quick stop at the farm. They hooked up Eliminator, pulled it out of barn and into trees.

The floor boards were creaking from weight of Eliminator, she testified.

She testified she had no recall of any phone conversations or text messages that night. They stopped at Haggerman's at 4 a.m.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 12m12 minutes ago
She testified Millard dropped a toolbox off to Hagerman. She said she didn't know what was in toolbox. #Bosma

After that, went to Millard's house for "some intimacy." Next day Noudga had contact with Smich, she testified. He said "**** went down."

Noudga said Smich was evasive but said Millard wasn't with him.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 11m11 minutes ago
Smich told her "I screwed up," she testified. But then said maybe it was "We screwed up."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 10m10 minutes ago
Later that night Millard's mother told her Dell was arrested. Noudga and Madeleine Burns went to trailer, Noudga wiped their prints off it.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 11m11 minutes ago
Noudga testified about letters from Millard while in jail asking her to help influence witnesses. She testified she never did that.

Noudga testified she had been in love with Millard, even after his arrest.

She testified she never intended never to follow through on any of Millard's requests in the letters, concerning witnesses.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 9m9 minutes ago
Noudga testified Millard loved his dog Pedo...She fell out of love with Millard on day of her arrest, April 14, 2014.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 9m9 minutes ago
Noudga admitted that when she wiped her prints and those of Burns, she might have inadvertently wiped off Millard's prints. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 8m8 minutes ago
She agreed Millard seemed to be making up new story about what happened May 6 in his letters. Testified she knew nothing about stolen truck.

Mark Smich testified on his own behalf. He planned to help steal a truck with Millard. Arrive at #Bosma house on foot.

Millard made up story about friend dropping them off, then going to Tim Hortons. But friend couldn't find one, so came back.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 7m7 minutes ago
Smich testified he got into Yukon, where that pretend friend was supposed to be waiting. Said keys were in the cup holder.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 7m7 minutes ago
Smich testified he followed behind Millard and Bosma, who were in #Bosma truck. Truck suddenly swerved off road, stopped.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 6m6 minutes ago
"I'm taking the truck," Millard said, according to Smich. Saw bullet hole in front passenger window and #Bosma lying head first on dash.



The judge is also touching on how Smich buried the gun, but how he says he can't remember where he buried it.
by Adam Carter 9:55 AM

"Smich denied any involvement in the murder," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 9:57 AM

Goodman is also touching on Smich's rap lyrics, which were dissected at trial several times.
by Adam Carter 9:59 AM

Judge is reprising evidence of Christina Noudga. She said Millard told her incinerator was to burn animals.

I'm confused. I thought she testified that DM told her it was to melt metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail