Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are now on verdict watch in the case against Dellen Millard and Mark Smich

Juror deliberations commenced at 4:03 pm ET, Monday, June 13 2016. When a verdict is announced, the title of this thread will be updated to reflect that.

Please remember The Rules and the ZERO TOLERANCE policy.

Verdict Watch is a very tense waiting period and when a verdict is announced, emotions can be heightened, so please be aware of this and keep yourselves in check and post respectfully, with decorum, or take a break until you've calmed down.

Hearts and thoughts have been with Tim's loved ones on this very long journey, and will continue to be with them at this very critical time, after the verdicts, and for years to come :rose:

I was surprised to see twice they already tried for a mistrial.

In one text message exchange from February 2012, when talking about brokering a deal for what is believed to be the gun used to shoot Bosma, Millard said to Jackson: "BTW, is it clean or dirty?" Jackson responded, "clean," and then "bring her back safe plz."
Millard then wrote, "By the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl." Jackson responded, "thts [sic] fine lol. I can change her print."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...al-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268?cmp=rss

Thank you so much meterclicks, mozzagirl and canadiangirl, and all the other kind WSers, who take so much time out of their days to keep us up-to-date copying and pasting tweets. Very much appreciated! GREAT JOB! [emoji94]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am disgusted the bullet and gun info from DM and MS was disallowed. Both speak volumes about premeditation.

When police went to question Lisa Whidden (who said she had an "intimate relationship" with Millard), she tried to run after saying she had information about the case. That's why she was put in handcuffs and her phone was seized — because they were afraid she would delete things that were on it. The officer's notes at the time describe her as "unco-operative, combative and rude."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268

Don't think this comes as much of a surprise to anyone......MOO

I'm surprised that the gun evidence is allowed to be released as it predates both other murders that DM is charged with, I hope that this will not affect the trials for the murders of both LB or WM

I am in utter shock that the text about the gun coming back dirty was disallowed. How is that possible? That is a pretty significant omission!!!! What must that have felt like for the Bosma family??? Hearing evidence that would have a massive impact on the trial, argued out by the Defense? Just sickening! MOO

How is that fair, the accused have the right to a fair trial but the victim, whats fair to them? How was this stuff thrown out.. it makes my blood boil. AC's article paints a very clear picture that I'm sure would have helped the Jury to their verdicts. I'm going to be on pins and needles until that verdict is reached. And I am praying for M1 for both.

Not shocking to read that DM also communicated by letters to SS, ignoring his Do Not Contact order just like when he wrote to CN from jail. MB keeping SS on the payroll had a method to its madness, although AC reports that the letters to SS mainly talked about SS taking care of DM's cars. I bet there was also code language in those letters!

All MOO

Does the jury deliberate on the weekends as well until a verdict is reached?

I am in utter shock that the text about the gun coming back dirty was disallowed. How is that possible? That is a pretty significant omission!!!! What must that have felt like for the Bosma family??? Hearing evidence that would have a massive impact on the trial, argued out by the Defense? Just sickening! MOO

Exactly! It puts MS contacting MWJ after the murder into context.

MOO

When police went to question Lisa Whidden (who said she had an "intimate relationship" with Millard), she tried to run after saying she had information about the case. That's why she was put in handcuffs and her phone was seized — because they were afraid she would delete things that were on it. The officer's notes at the time describe her as "unco-operative, combative and rude."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268

See, with context, she wasn't put in handcuffs for no reason like people thought months ago. It wasn't police abusing power and she wasn't all innocent and cooperative like she tried to make people think.

Yeah ... She appeared to be that type from what we could gather from the witness stand, IMO. Expecting some sympathy for the handcuff scratch in a courtroom while facing the Bosma family, knowing what they have and are and will always endure. Completely self-centred, arrogant, liar. I could say more, but won't.

All MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that the gun evidence is allowed to be released as it predates both other murders that DM is charged with, I hope that this will not affect the trials for the murders of both LB or WM

I think that if it would influence the outcome of those trials, the judge would have included it in the publication ban. But, I suspect it may figure in the LB case, it's just that there's no obvious connection (that we know of) so releasing that information now doesn't prevent a fair trial in the LB case. After all, no information whatever has been released about her death. However, also I suspect that the premeditation implied by the text refers to LB, not TB, or even to some unknown planned target, and not to the TB case, and that may be why it was disallowed as evidence in this case. It's possibly two murders away from this one.

It's not needed though. There is a mountain of evidence!

I feel for the Jury, If they reach a verdict less than M1 and then come out of deliberations to read what they didnt hear....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail