Found Deceased UK - Kirsty Aitchison, 30, Glasgow, 12th June 2016

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
A deaf woman has gone missing after a night out at a Glasgow bar.

Kirsty Aitchison, 30, from Robroyston, who is a mother-of four, was last seen leaving the Campus bar in Sauchiehall Street at about 03:00 on Sunday.
She is understood to communicate with sign language and had been attending a deaf event at the bar.

Police have now issued an appeal in British Sign Language to encourage members of the deaf community to contact police with information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36517377

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/police-search-home-missing-glasgow-11469100

13412989_592536284247497_1317972766121111590_n.jpg

The 30-year-old was last spotted leaving Campus nightclub in the city’s Sauchiehall Street in the early hours of Sunday. A source told Glasgow Live that two police vans and around 10 officers carried out a search at Kirsty’s home in Robroyston in the early hours of this morning.

Lots of support and searching going on locally, here is the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/316101548725392/

Another link. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-search-home-missing-mum-8185704

So scary, my son was in Campus a few weeks ago where the lassies in their company got their belongings stolen and his friend got jumped on the dance floor.

It was reported she may have got in to a private hire taxi. A few weeks ago here there was an incident where 2 girls got in a fake private hire and only escaped when it crashed. Police got the driver in that case.

Hope Kirsty is found soon xx

Another link. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-search-home-missing-mum-8185704

So scary, my son was in Campus a few weeks ago where the lassies in their company got their belongings stolen and his friend got jumped on the dance floor.

It was reported she may have got in to a private hire taxi. A few weeks ago here there was an incident where 2 girls got in a fake private hire and only escaped when it crashed. Police got the driver in that case.

Hope Kirsty is found soon xx

Good to have a local here, Ayrshirelass, hope you don't mind getting asked plenty of questions!

Several guests here already too, welcome.

I've added this to UK Cases and also sent out a heads up on Paige Docherty and Karen Buckley threads. I know we have quite a few Scottish members here.

Go McSleuths!

Subscribing .......... will have a read up later today

Thanks Cagney, I don't know if i can make a new thread via Tapatalk on my phone or if it's possible but I just can't work out how ... anyhow

I can only imagine how vulnerable being deaf makes you and I feel really worried for this woman :(

Thanks Cagney, I don't know if i can make a new thread via Tapatalk on my phone or if it's possible but I just can't work out how ... anyhow

I can only imagine how vulnerable being deaf makes you and I feel really worried for this woman :(

No probs. Seems Kirsty's friends, family and the police are taking this very seriously.

I just looked and it's only a mile or so from where Karen Buckley disappeared. Let's hope we don't have the same outcome :(

I've defo heard of Sauchiehall Street despite never going to Glasgow, but from streetview it looks like a fairly normal, long road. Is it significant in any way?

I've defo heard of Sauchiehall Street despite never going to Glasgow, but from streetview it looks like a fairly normal, long road. Is it significant in any way?

It's just one of Glasgow's main city centre streets, quite busy and close to the train stations/shopping etc.

Many thanks CoverMeCagney for making this thread I am very worried for Kirsty. Glasgow is a lovely city but it can be very different at night I'm a 32 year old guy and I wouldn't walk alone in Glasgow at 3am. I just wish a friend had been with Kirsty to make sure she got home safe. I'm not blaming Kirsty or her friends though.

Many thanks CoverMeCagney for making this thread I am very worried for Kirsty.

I thought of you, Greg and hoped you'd turn up! Hope you're well.

Has this been all over the local press? First I heard of it was when mrazda mentioned it on the UK thread.

I thought of you, Greg and hoped you'd turn up! Hope you're well.

Has this been all over the local press? First I heard of it was when mrazda mentioned it on the UK thread.

Kirsty's disappearance has been covered in the local news bulletins STV and BBC Scotland with the police appeal. The case should be in today's newspapers and it is on the website and the Evening Times website.

If anyone has any questions about Glasgow etc please feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer. Hi CoverMeCagney I'm surviving with my chronic pain. Hope you are well.

Really impressed with Kirsty's friends and family, they seem to be getting lots of people - over 3000 on FB page - involved in searches and have even produced maps of the areas searched.

Am I right these maps are from up near her house? Do we have a street name?

13417448_10154260079436667_7330220704692943258_n.jpg13450167_10154260079426667_2864184328388385769_n.jpg

According to the pin on the map on this page: Here

Kirsty was making her way home to Beckfield Crescent

Which is in the Brookfield Estate, North of Robroyston Park which is to be searched tonight xx

Looking into the fake taxi angle Link

This incident happened in the street parallel to Sauchiehall Street in Bath Street on May 13th this year - driver has never been traced... Link

I'm in Shropshire but the Sun Scotland headline was that Kirsty was last seen 'getting into a taxi - following a row/argument'

Her poor children must be hysterical. I know we can't stereotype - but there are some missing appeals and you have a nosey and you just think 'I'm sure they'll turn up' and others you just hold your breath ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back