947 users online (82 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thanks wfgodot... so she was given "one more chance".

In the nearly two months since her mistrial on a charge of murder, Kaitlyn A. Conley has been out and about in violation of her house arrest, according to the county Probation Department.

Conley, 24, of Sauquoit, appeared in County Court Wednesday afternoon to apologize to Judge Michael L. Dwyer and promise to never do it again. Dwyer let Conley go with a warning.

Court officials said October would be the earliest window for Conley’s second trial in the murder of her boss, Dr. Mary Yoder.
    http://romesentinel.com/public-safet...g29nPMyEMcung/

McNamara said Conley already is receiving special treatment by being allowed to be on house arrest when she is charged with second-degree murder.
    http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...ouse_arre.html

According to the probation office, Conley was out of range without permission on June 21, June 24, June 25, July 1, July 2, July 3 and July 4. On two of those days, Conley was out of range twice, for a total of nine violations.
    http://www.wktv.com/story/35816610/j...e-arrest-again

"Policelli [Conley's defense attorney], however, pointed out that Conley posted bail and has always shown up for court, and he requested that
    they revisit the necessity of the domicile restriction. The District Attorney's Office, on the other hand, wanted Conley's bail to be revoked."

http://www.wktv.com/story/35816610/j...e-arrest-again

Thanks for that, Harmony2, and I will paraphrase the above -- quoted from the same article:

The defense attorney's response to all of this is, nah, Judge, as my client has clearly demonstrated, the rules don't apply to her! So let's just forget about it and let her do whatever she wants!

Yeah. If there was any doubt in my mind following the mistrial, this allayed all doubt for me. She's a true dyed-in-the-wool sociopath.
    Last edited by alexwood; 07-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

New murder trial date set for Kaitlyn Conley

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/central-n...rial-date.html

Court officials confirm her new trial date has been tentatively set for October 12.

      
    Kaitlyn Conley murder retrial scheduled

http://www.uticaod.com/news/20170905...rial-scheduled

"Jury selection is schedule to begin Thursday, Oct. 12, for the retrial of Sauquoit resident Kaitlyn Conley, her lawyer Frank Policelli said."

Marking my spot!

Thanks Harmony for pointing out this case! On my list!

RIP Mary
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

TODAY!

*Jury Selection begins (retrial) - NY - Dr. Mary Louise Yoder (60), poisoned (July 22, 2015) - Kaitlyn "Katie" M. Conley (23) charged with 2nd degree murder (poisoning her boss), 2 counts of 1st degree falsifying business records, 2nd degree forgery & 2 counts Misdemeanor petit larceny/pled not guilty/Free on House arrest/2 days set for jury selection; trial should last at least 3 weeks or more.
    First trial in April ended in a hung jury: 8-4 to acquit
    Trial set to start Monday, Oct. 16th

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Any news on the "make-up" of the jurors??

TIA! I have the trial starting this coming Monday.

Kaitlyn Conley - accused of killing her ex-lover's mother - to go on trial this month for 2nd time

Conley will have a new lawyer this time, Frank Policelli. Her previous lawyer was Christopher Pelli.
    http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2...g_her_ex-.html

Jury almost set in Kaitlyn Conley retrial

UTICA — Fifteen jurors have been selected with one more yet to be chosen in the retrial of Kaitlyn Conley.

Jury selection began Thursday morning in Oneida County Court. By the end of the day, 12 jurors and three alternates had been seated. All that is needed is one more alternate, who will be selected Friday.
    http://www.uticaod.com/news/20171012...conley-retrial

Thanks for the update Harmony!

Here's what happened Friday (in red)

Friday, October 13th:
    *Final day of Jury Selection (retrial) - NY - Dr. Mary Louise Yoder (60), poisoned (July 22, 2015) - Kaitlyn "Katie" Conley (23) charged with 2nd degree murder (poisoning her boss), 2 counts of 1st degree falsifying business records, 2nd degree forgery & 2 counts Misdemeanor petit larceny/ pled not guilty/Free on House arrest. Trial should last at least 3 weeks or more.
    First trial in April ended in a hung jury: 8-4 to acquit
    The jury has been chosen and opening statements will take place at 10 a.m. Monday in the retrial of Kaitlyn M. Conley, who is accused of poisoning her boss.
    More than 100 potential jurors were called to County Court in Utica Thursday and Friday and they were whittled down to 12 jurors and four alternates by Friday afternoon.
    The new trial is expected to take at least three weeks with more than 40 witnesses.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast