VERDICT WATCH NY - Dr. Mary Yoder, 60, fatally poisoned, Whitesboro, 22 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...oman_used_poisoning_to_kill_chiropractor.html

A 23-year-old Oneida County woman has been charged with second-degree murder for poisoning her boss, a local chiropractor, Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol announced today.

The woman charged is Kaitlyn Conley, Oneida Street, Sauquoit, the sheriff said.

She is accused of killing Mary Louise Yoder, 60. She died July 22, 2015.

Conley used colchicine, an anti-inflammatory drug sometimes used to treat gout, to poison Yoder, the sheriff said.

http://www.uticaod.com/news/20160614/sheriff-employee-poisoned-whitesboro-chiropractor?page=2

In Yoder’s obituary, which ran in the Observer-Dispatch, a “Katie Conley” is identified as as a loved one of one of Yoder’s children. Nelson described Conley as “close to the family”...

According to the Oneida County grand jury indictment that charged Conley with second-degree murder, in addition to two counts of first-degree falsifying business records, second-degree forgery and two counts of misdemeanor petit larceny, Conley reportedly wrote a Letter of Intent in January 2015 to “ArtChemicals and/or Spectrum Chemicals” to purchase Colchicine.

I was just reading about this in the Daily Mail. I wonder what the motive was. Strange.

I could never kill anyone, but it seems that poisoning is the most painful way for someone to die. Can't imagine inflicting that kind of harm in anyone.

I was just reading about this in the Daily Mail. I wonder what the motive was. Strange.

I could never kill anyone, but it seems that poisoning is the most painful way for someone to die. Can't imagine inflicting that kind of harm in anyone.
Speaking of which....

New York woman, 23, charged with fatally poisoning her 60-year-old chiropractor
boss before remembering her in Facebook post the day after she died

'
'If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

'Dr Mary I still can't believe you're gone. Yesterday was so sudden.

'You truly were a positive light in the world and I'm so lucky and thankful our lives crossed paths.

'There wasn't a day I didn't look forward to work with you. You taught me so much and had such a profound impact on my life.
'Everyone appreciated your attention, stories, and laughter.

'We will be remember you for your light, energy, and strength, and the best way I can think to honor your life is to emulate your genuine, cheerful, and kind spirit.'
---

BBM

There might be your motive. From the DM link above:

The Oneida County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday: 'Kaitlyn Conley was an employee of Dr. William and Mary Yoder who owned and operated Chiropractic Family Care located on Oriskany Boulevard Whitesboro, NY. Conley was employed there at the time of Dr. Mary Yoder's death.'
Conley, 23, is being held in the county jail.
The sheriff's office said that Conley was charged with one count of second-degree forgery, two counts of first-degree falsifying business records, and two counts of petit larceny.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oisoning-chiropractor-boss.html#ixzz4BawX8nxe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Could be Mary found out she was doctoring the books.

The details are strange because this young woman was very close to the family and her employer. Apparently, it only took one dose to poison the doctor. But why would she do that?

23-year-old accused of poisoning CNY boss mourned her death online: 'I'm devastated'
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/utica/2016/06/23-year-old_accused_of_poisoni.html

"I'm devasted,'' Katie Conley wrote on her Facebook page July 23, 2015 - the day after Yoder's death. "It's so hard.

"If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever,'' she said in another post. . "Dr. Mary - I still can't believe you're gone."

Conley is accused of poisoning Yoder, 60, with colchicine, a drug sometimes used to treat gout, he said. Deputies said she was given a single deadly dose.

Conley worked for Yoder for four years at the Chiropractic Family Care offices on Oriskany Boulevard in Whitesboro. Yoder and her husband, William, have operated the practice for 28 years.

It also has emerged today that Conley was the on-again, off-again girlfriend of the Yoders' son, Adam, but they were just friends at the time of the arrest,...

Conley talked about Mary Louis Yoder on July 23, 2015 on her Facebook:

"Yesterday was so sudden. You truly were a positive light in the world and I'm so lucky and thankful our lives crossed paths. There wasn't a day I didn't look forward to work with you.

"You taught me so much and had such a profound impact on my life. Everyone appreciated your attention, stories, and laughter....

Read the rest at http://www.newyorkupstate.com/utica/2016/06/23-year-old_accused_of_poisoni.html

BBM

The Oneida County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday: 'Kaitlyn Conley was an employee of Dr. William and Mary Yoder who owned and operated Chiropractic Family Care located on Oriskany Boulevard Whitesboro, NY. Conley was employed there at the time of Dr. Mary Yoder's death.'
Conley, 23, is being held in the county jail.
The sheriff's office said that Conley was charged with one count of second-degree forgery, two counts of first-degree falsifying business records, and two counts of petit larceny.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4BawX8nxe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I was lost in the personal angle and disregarded the charges, but I think you're right. Thank You.

I hope we'll be able to follow the details of this case. It sounds premeditated. Shocking, if she did this to cover up some other lesser crimes.

Lisi added that Conley planned her boss's murder for 10 months, and that the 23-year-old tried to blame one of Yoder's own family members.

"It is also the people's position that the evidence will show that Kaitlyn Conley deliberately attempted to frame Mary Yoder's son, Adam Yoder, for this heinous crime."

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime/Bail...uoit_woman_accused_of_murdering_employer.html

Was it to cover up what she had already done financially?

Police say the murder was neither financially nor romantically motivated, but won't discuss what they believe did lead Conley to murder her boss.

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime/Bail...uoit_woman_accused_of_murdering_employer.html

Well, shoot, that blew my theory. I figured it was an inheritance thing - attach oneself to the son of well-to-do parents, knock off the parents...

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....isoning_a_terrible_way_to_go_expert_says.html

Conley had an on-again, off-again relationship with Yoder's son, Adam, according to prosecutors, and is accused of trying to frame him for his mother's death...

Colchicine has been used in at least one other murder. In 1992, Debra Rogers of Louisville, Kentucky, poisoned her husband with the drug... Other than that, Milman said it's an uncommon drug to use in poisoning cases.

It's also not a drug doctors would typically screen for when someone presents with symptoms it causes, he said.

The relationship was apparently "on" enough for her to be included in Mary's obit.

BBM

I would bet she "cooked" the order for the colchicine. That is a medicine available through doctor's orders and a pharmacy only in the US. But Canada, Mexico, or online? And maybe get the victim to unknowingly pay for it?

Speculation -- I'm guessing she tampered with the business records and forged checks, then decided if and when she was caught she'd use the drug on her employer/boyfriend's mother. She ordered the drug months before and she was still working there, so she wasn't caught yet, then her boss found out and was going to tell the whole family or call the police. Such drastic measures though? And she tries to frame the son!

I wonder if she meant to actually kill her employer or just drug her into sickness and confusion, but gave her too high a dose. It's hard to believe this young woman who got such good grades in school and was close to the family and business could be so cold-hearted.

Speculation -- I'm guessing she tampered with the business records and forged checks, then decided if and when she was caught she'd use the drug on her employer/boyfriend's mother. She ordered the drug months before and she was still working there, so she wasn't caught yet, then her boss found out and was going to tell the whole family or call the police. Such drastic measures though? And she tries to frame the son!

I wonder if she meant to actually kill her employer or just drug her into sickness and confusion, but gave her too high a dose. It's hard to believe this young woman who got such good grades in school and was close to the family and business could be so cold-hearted.

Unfortunately, good grades are unrelated to morals and character, as are good looks.

Here's what she wrote the day after poisoning the woman who was her employer and boyfriend's mother. The family included her in the obituary!

Conley talked about Mary Louis Yoder on July 23, 2015 on her Facebook:

"Yesterday was so sudden. You truly were a positive light in the world and I'm so lucky and thankful our lives crossed paths. There wasn't a day I didn't look forward to work with you.

"You taught me so much and had such a profound impact on my life. Everyone appreciated your attention, stories, and laughter. We will remember you for your light, energy, and strength, and the best way I can think to honor your life is to emulate your genuine, cheerful, and kind spirit.

"You will be sorely missed and lovingly remembered. God has gained the best angel. We love you,'' she said.

Conley went on to say of Yoder: "She's really special to have touched so many lives so deeply. I could write a book on her and still have more to say! I'm so blessed I carry her memory."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/utica/2016/06/23-year-old_accused_of_poisoni.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member