OH - Joy Johnson, 25, beaten to death, Lebanon, 8 Sept 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A group of children made that grizzly discovery. They spotted the badly decomposed body near the Cedarbrook Campground, north of Lebanon. It was in a heavily wooded ravine. At this point, no one can say how long the body's been lying there. Local 12's Rich Jaffe has more on this developing story.

The owners of the 24 acre campground say they routinely patrol the area at night, and keep a close watch on who's coming and going, but no one knew a body was lying just beyond where campers are enjoying the fall colors.

Lebanon has no missing person cases that fit the basic description of the woman's body. Other jurisdictions are interested and waiting for the coroners report. That could be finished as early as Friday.
http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=7C1A3126-3F61-4932-B362-FBE53AA56C38

Detectives say the woman appears to be in her 20's and she was found partially clothed.

But until she's identified and her cause of death determined, detectives can't begin an investigation.

Police say because it took so long for the body to be discovered, if it was murder, tracking down the suspect won't be easy.

"It makes it very hard because with rain in the area, that gets water runoff from a higher area so any rain and you've got water rushing washing away any physical evidence so they only real evidence you'll have is what what the body contains," said Sgt. Jacobs.

Lebanon Police say they have no reports of a missing person that matches this woman's description.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/10/20/body.html

Ok, call me crazy. Does this sound familiar, in any way, to what happened to Julie Popovich?

I know there hasn't been anything in Julie's past, that I've heard that she was involved with drugs, as this woman; however, the last place seen was a tavern or drinking establishment, early to mid twenties, thin build, left 1/2 clothed in an out-of-the-way spot. Less than 100 miles apart.

Of course, I'm sure LE has already checked this out. ;)

JMHO
fran

Glad that they caught the guy. Also glad that he pled guilty so that Joy's parent's won't have to suffer through a trial. My heart goes out to the parents. I'm sure that their lives haven't been easy throughout the years as it sounds like Joy was a troubled girl. Bless their hearts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back