1108 users online (157 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonMousse View Post
    Gosh. Application granted? That does surprise me.

6th of July? Why so long?
    She has to phone a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lithgow1 View Post
    Brought this over from the thread that just closed.

Carl Pistorius ‏@carlpistorius 1h1 hour ago

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.
    classy is as classy does

Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
    Debating sentencing date. Masipa wants 7 July; Nel can't do then. Asks for 6th. The saga continues...

Masipa agrees the photos can be released
    I think Roux said that he would be out of Jo'burg on the 7th and asked for the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    She has to phone a friend.
    What is the sentence for murder?

A) 15 years

B) Mansion detention

C) You've punished yourself more than a Court ever can

Quote Originally Posted by mrjitty View Post
    I think it was pretty inevitable.

It was an ancilliary order in the main proceedings.

The State now requested it be rescinded. The parents agree. No one else has standing.

So it comes down to public interest.

But if the protected party wants it rescinded than the Judge should comply,

Correct decision
    Thanks. I guess I have just gotten used to Masipa surprises. And when she started asking Nel didn't the State originally want them sealed or whatever I thought ...

The Citizen News ‏@TheCitizen_News 15h15 hours ago

Judge Masipa rules that 5 photos of #ReevaSteenkamp injuries may be published. Will sentence #OscarPistorius on 6 July. #ID

Judge Masipa rules that 5 photos of #ReevaSteenkamp injuries may be published. Will sentence #OscarPistorius on 6 July. #ID

... and that concludes sentencing hearing for today.

MrJitty - me again! So, since it is almost a month away until sentencing this means the interview will air before then. I know that the judge will not take that into consideration, but do you reckon she will watch it?

Also, since the interview seems to have been a BIG miscalculation on the Pistorius side, do you think they would have assumed that sentencing would be completed by then?

Unless the timing of the interview is changed it is going out on Friday, 24th June at 9pm on ITV.

Thanks. I guess I have just gotten used to Masipa surprises. And when she started asking Nel didn't the State originally want them sealed or whatever I thought ...
    It wasn't really a hard one and its not unusual for the Judge to consider it during an adjournment.

Once she consulted with her clerks they would have realised pretty swiftly the defence had no standing to oppose it

MrJitty - me again! So, since it is almost a month away until sentencing this means the interview will air before then. I know that the judge will not take that into consideration, but do you reckon she will watch it?

Also, since the interview seems to have been a BIG miscalculation on the Pistorius side, do you think they would have assumed that sentencing would be completed by then?
    Who knows - this is pretty crazy territory!

I would have said it is a huge contempt of Court to do this.

I can't imagine any High Court Judge who would be happy about it - indeed I know some who would hit the roof

Quote Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post

That should be 6 photos, 135-140.

Brought this over from the thread that just closed.

Carl Pistorius ‏@carlpistorius 1h1 hour ago

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.
    I'm on catch up now.

Carl Pistorius actually tweeted that from inside the court room to the world. I am so sickened by this family. Arnold knows full well that the brother is constantly tweeting to the public and then later states that the family so rarely talk to the media ( The TV interview was them replying to "one media offer." )

Who stands to profit? - the press I assume he means the media , but there is an ambiguity in his phrase as if the family stand to gain somehow ( CP is so dumb, careless wording. )

Yet Oscar parading around on his stumps as a "victim" wasn't "distasteful"?
    Oscar giving exclusive TV interviews isn't "distasteful"?
    Oscar dragging his sister around a bathroom in a video then released to Aus press wasn't "distasteful"?
    etc etc
    This family make me quite weary.

Anyone who sees those photos will be shocked. As Nel said, they're not from Saayman (post mortem) which means they're crime scene pics and will be graphic and no doubt close-up. Roux will now have a client who is hated more than ever.

no idea what the thought process could possibly be behind that itv interview. just seems to be a massive contradiction of the defence stance.

op not fit to take the stand; loses focus; forgets to wake up in time, etc etc... will be interesting to see how he comes across in the interview

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast