Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, ON

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    Chilling to listen to that voice. Not a young man and not very refined in his speech. You could tell that he was lying because he couldn't get directions correct. You could also hear Amber's heightening anxiety. Did he grab the phone from her and end the call?
    Yes Jacie .. not only does he seem to be lying to her, but it is significant that he has never come forward with information that could be helpful regarding where he may have dropped her off, etc ... when her disappearance and picture was published in MSM.

With his reference to gravel, it seems he might be taking some secondary/back roads, and I don't hear anything in the background that sounds like a big rig engine, so IMO that probably eliminates a long-distance trucker. IF he was the first person to pick Amber up, then chances are he lives in the area of the motels in Nisku, or cruises for girls around the motel strips in that area.

Amber does sound very anxious, and IMO that is why she called someone. As for the person she called, it seems her call went to voice mail. Thankfully they kept the recording. If this guy is the perp, I wonder if he disposed of Amber's cell phone or kept it, in which case the chances are good that he knows the name and number of the person Amber called

Seems hard to get people to visit this thread, but once again, the recording can be heard at:

www.kare.ca or

www.albertamissingpersons.ca

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

transcript of recording from:
    http://aptn.ca/pages/news/2012/08/28...igenous-woman/

“Where are we by?” says Tuccaro.

“We’re just heading south of Beaumont or north of Beaumont.”

Tuccaro again asks, “Yo, where are we going?”

The man is heard saying, “The back roads.”

Tuccaro responds saying, “Are you ****ing kidding me?”

The man says, “No, I’m not kidding you.”

Tuccaro gets increasingly agitated.

“You better not take, you better not be taking me anywhere I don’t wanna go. I wanna go into the city. Okay?” she says.

She keeps asking him where they are driving to.

The man claims they’re going to “East” 50th St.

Then Tuccaro appears to ask what they’re driving on and the man says “gravel.”

The conversation ends.

RCMP investigators believe that Tuccaro was driven south and east of Nisku, into rural Leduc County.
    www.kare.ca

www.albertamissingpersons.ca

ETA: I've discovered the above transcript is not 100% accurate. Will try to clean it up and post a more accurate version.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-02-2012 at 04:33 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

On second thought, this guy may not be as rough-hewn as I originally thought. When Amber says "are you ****ing kidding me", he does not use the f*** word in his response (or anywhere else in the convo). When he says "ab-so-LUTE-ly" (not contained in the above transcript for some reason), he could have used a number of other more course sounding responses (i.e. f'in right, yep for sure). He doesn't seem to curse.

<I deleted a part that was inaccurate in the above-mentioned transcript. The CORRECT transcript is contained in my post #54 which follows>
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Listening to the audio and going with the accompanying transcript at albertamissingpersons.ca, i believe the following is a more accurate account of the conversation (UM=unknown male):

AMBER: Where are we by?
    UM: We’re just heading south of, uh Beaumont, or north of Beaumont.
    AMBER: We’re heading north of Beaumont (sounds to me as though Amber is relating this info to the person she is speaking with on the phone)
    AMBER: Yo, where are we going?
    UM: just … (unintelligible)
    AMBER: No, this is a ..
    UM: (talkover) … the back roads
    AMBER: Are you f***ing kidding me?”
    UM: No, I’m not kidding you.
    AMBER: You better not take, you better not be taking me anywhere I don’t wanna go. I wanna go into the city. Okay? (AMBER is heard clearly, but Unknown is doing some unintelligible talking at the same time)
    UM: … the one end of the street
    AMBER: Yo, we’re not going into the city are we?
    UM: We are, we’re going …
    AMBER: No we’re not
    UM: Yes
    AMBER: Then where the f*** are these roads going to?
    UM: To 50th Street
    AMBER: 50th St, are you sure?
    UM: Absolutely
    AMBER: Yo, where are we going?
    UM: 50th st
    AMBER: 50th Street?
    UM: 50th Street
    AMBER: East, right?
    UM: East
    AMBER: (unintelligible) … over
    AMBER: (unintelligible) … now
    UM: gravel

Disconnection, then busy signal

We believe that rather than driving into the city of Edmonton, the male drove south and east of Nisku into Leduc County <Cst. Ray Shelton, RCMP - KARE>
    Too late to edit my earlier statement, but Amber in fact RECEIVED a phone call, she did not make one. The recording was obtained through "investigative means". Hmmm ... pretty fancy means they have these days
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/08/28/p...e?noimage=true

While police cannot say how or when they obtained the recording, they confirmed it was from a cell phone call placed to Tuccaro from a person she knew.

“The audio has been analyzed and we have learned certain things about the recording and the voice that we’re trying to identify,” said Shelton.

“That has opened part of the investigation. I can’t say what we’ve discovered but suffice to say it’s a significant part of the investigation.
    <bbm>

My apologies for being a one-man-band on this thread.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...n-remains.html
    RCMP say human remains found on a rural property near Leduc, south of Edmonton, are those of Amber Tuccaro, who went missing from the area two years ago.

A human skull was found on Saturday by horseback riders east of Leduc, said Gerard MacNeil, unit commander of Project KARE.

Police said the young mother left her Nisku hotel room to catch a ride to Edmonton with a man two years ago.

She has not been seen since

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

How terribly sad for this young woman's family and especially her child. R.I.P Amber Tuccaro.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...846/story.html
    Forty RCMP investigators continue to search a rural area south of Beaumont, near where the remains were found on Saturday. RCMP say a group of recreational horseback riders called Leduc RCMP after coming across “what they believed to be a human skull.”

Dental records confirmed Tuccaro’s identity.

Other bones have been found scattered around the area and police are expected to be at the scene searching for the next 48 hours.

RCMP say an air space restriction is also in effect over the area for the next 48 hours.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

My condolences to all those who loved this beautiful young lady, and who have been shattered with this news.

Rest in peace dear Amber

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

To my knowledge, there is no Hwy 263 in Alberta, and I believe the media article that referenced it are actually meaning Hwy 623 which is also Rollyview Road, east of Leduc.

It seems that Amber's remains have been been found in the same general area as Edna Bernard and Katie Ballantyne, both cases which have been connected to the same perp by KARE. (FWIW, I have always believed that Charlene Gauld is also connected, but I don't believe KARE has connected her to the same perp, although she was burned, as was Edna Bernard):

2002 Edna Bernard found 3 km east of Leduc at RR 245, 1 km north of Rollyview Road. Edna was on fire when she was discovered.

2003 Katie Sylvia Ballantyne found east of Leduc at Twp Rd 500 and RR 235 (on property owned by Ansorgers at 49548 Range Rd)

2005 Charlene Marie Gauld was found east of Leduc and north of Camrose at Hwy 623 and Hwy 617. Her remains were partially burned.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-05-2012 at 11:33 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Does anyone remember that AMW reenactment of a suspected killer who used the term "Sweet Home Alabama"?
    The actor who portrayed the killer ,parroted those words with just the right inflection, the perp was recognized and apprehended.
    Well the "ab-so-lutely" hopefully will have the same effect in this case.
    Although the perp is probably from western Canada,the way he said that word would not sound out of place imo. coming from a suburban/semi rural raised, Ontarian working in a supervisory blue-collerish role. I see what SillyBilly means about not being"rough-hewn", because he did not respond with a curse word,but that could be due to religous reasons.
    These days, it seems to be the very well educated or comfy middle class who swear, as a sort of reverse snobbery ( "I know the rules so well, I can break em', or I am socially secure enough that I can afford to look cheap" type attitude.)
    Hope they catch that son-of-a-gun.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Amber did seem to be trying hard to alert caller to her dangerous situation. I got the chills when thinking of her saying " Are you kidding me?" because it is so close to sounding like the word "killing", and when the potential perp says " gravel," it of course, is one letter from the word "grave".

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

"son-of-a-gun"
    ???

C'mon dotr ... you can use the stronger term cuz youz got more class than that

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

So, i have some questions.

When the UM says "just", does anyone else get the feeling that he's just ramping up, as in starting to get po'd and finding it a bit hard to keep it level? Maybe as in "just shut the hell up" or something.

Also, do the voices of both Amber and the UM sound strained, as if they are talking louder to talk over something? I'm thinking the forensic audio guys filtered out all the extraneous sound that might have been on the original recording in order to concentrate on the voices. That could nix my earlier thought that of "no big-rig sound therefore not a trucker".

So here's my next somewhat convoluted question. Is it possible that the UM's voice is not normally that strained, gruff and somewhat nasal sounding? Could he normally be known as somewhat smooth and soft-spoken under different circumstances? Example, when i talk normally, i might be considered just this side of soft-spoken; if i have to raise my voice over surrounding noise however, i might not be considered as soft-spoken and folks who didn't know me might consider me a loud-mouth (or whatever).

When we hear/read Amber say the words "over ... " and "... now", I get a pretty distinct impression that she would have been demanding that he "pull over ... let me out right now". I can't quite fit his response "... gravel" into that, but this is when the phone disconnects. Seems he lost it when she ordered him what to do !!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

He sounded VERY angry to me, just barely able to control it, I had the horrible, horrible feeling of what was coming in the next few seconds... I think you (S.B) may be right about his voice possibly sounding smoother and softer in ' normal" circumstances. Seems to me, that when angry , the voice goes higher, drier and tighter - Sometimes I think that if one really wants to know if someone is being truthful or not, you have to listen to the voice alone, because a face can be "taught to lie" and we can be fooled by seemingly earnest looking eye contact.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Some ramblings, jmo.
    I am guessing that big rig trucks might be too noisy to filter out all the different frequencies of changing gears ect. and driving on gravel too tricky.Maybe heating, a/c or brakes kicked in, or a plane was flying overhead.The voices may have sounded raised because Amber knew at that point she was going the wrong way and he responded (angrily) to questioning of his "authority", ( in his mind she was either tricky or dumb). one way or another, he was working up the justification for doing whatever he may have felt she deserved - and once turned off a main road and onto the gravel road, maybe he felt free to release the demons he must have initially hidden...
    A wife or girlfriend would recognize a soft, smooth talking guy's buildup and voice change when angered..

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Hoping Amber managed to get some scratches on the perps' face...maybe someone remembers August 18 2010
    link includes 2 videos with map of area.
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/09/0...tuccaros-death

“She wouldn’t take no from anybody and she’d fight her way out of anything. Whatever happened to her, I figure that somebody surprised her or tazed her or something to knock her out,” he said. “Because she had a kid and she’d fight to do anything to get back home.”

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlaOsVrDY4"]Amber TUCCARO - MISSING PERSON - YouTube[/ame]

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Hoping Amber managed to get some scratches on the perps' face...maybe someone remembers August 18 2010
    link includes 2 videos with map of area.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/09/0...tuccaros-death
    <rsbm>

Thanks dotr, but I don't know why they included a photo of THAT map in the article. That aerial view map with Tim Tamiguchi relates to the search in Henrietta Muir Park in Edmonton proper that was conducted a year or so ago wrt a tip on the missing women (no specific victim name was given that i recall).

Amber's remains were not found in the City of Edmonton. The general area 12 km east of Leduc where she was found is surrounded by rural fields, farms, ranchland around Range Road 241 and Hwy 623 (IMO, NOT Hwy 263 as the Edmonton Journal reported ... unless it is also known by that number for some weird reason ... arghhh).

38. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

I think this guy knows the area really well. When he was on Hwy 623 and said "50th St", it would not have been called 50th St at that point ... it would have still been called Range Road 242 (which only becomes 50th St when driving closer into Beaumont further north).

IF he is the perp (and at this point, he's the only possible perp we've got), he actually drove past Range Road 242 to arrive at Range Road 241 where Amber's remains were found.

For those not from the area, Township (TWP) roads run east and west, and Range Roads (RR) run north and south. Range roads are 1 mile apart, so Amber was found approx 1 mile east after their conversation about 50th St.

PS: I'm not from the area either, but have been looking at maps of Alberta for so many years now in these cases, i think i could walk them in my sleep.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Could there be a connection to Laura Furlan's murder in Calgary?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/09/08...-homicide-case

Police have cracked a three-year-old cold case, making an arrest in the death of Laura Furlan, the Sun has learned.

A day after a Sun story was published asking for the public to help police solve the mystery of what happened to the 38-year-old, sources say a man was taken into custody Friday night facing a homicide charge.

Christopher Dunlop, also 38, was charged with manslaughter and causing an indignity to a human body.

Furlan was reported missing by family on Aug. 31, 2009. Police believe the accused and Furlan met prior to her disappearance on Aug. 24 when she was last heard from

42. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Police say the accused — who is employed full-time and has a family — has been a suspect since very early in the investigation. This week, however, police received fresh information that led them to issue a call for assistance from the public. On Friday, they asked for anyone with information about an orange Dodge truck that Furlan was believed to have been riding in the night of her death to come forward

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Ca...#ixzz264Yqr1p0

44. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Apologies for hogging the airwaves, - but this hard- rocking musical ad for truck, has so many "messages," that I could imagine a certain type of perp might take to heart (if he had one)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4IAycm7V4k"]The Dodge Truck - YouTube[/ame]

46. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Thinking about (some) city workers who deal with the public all day and hate it, they get as snarky and snarly as can be,but stop short of swearing.
    You know, the impatient bus driver, utilities inspector, hardware store manager - all with some power in their own domain, but ask too many questions, or the right ones - and you can almost see the steam rising.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Hoping that LE are getting some good tips in this case, seeing Amber's Mom in the press conference video was enough to break a heart in two.

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast