1559 users online (287 members and 1272 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Oh NO! This is making major national news now. Every major news station I watched last night and this morning had story of this serial killer.

This is scary. 8 shootings with 7 deaths now. Maybe more. This guy is bold .

According to article.

The cases have been forensically linked.

The recently identified cases are:

March 17: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 16-year-old male was shot while walking in the street in the area of 1100 E. Moreland St. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 18: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 21-year-old male was shot while standing in the street outside of his vehicle in the area of 4300 N. 73rd Ave. His injuries were not life-threatening.

April 19: At approximately 4:30 a.m., Krystal Annette White, 55, was found dead from apparent gunshot injuries sustained in the area of 500 N. 32nd St.

June 12: At approximately 2:35 a.m., an unoccupied vehicle was shot and damaged in the area of 6200 W. Mariposa Drive.

Police have previously said the following cases are related to the same shooter or shooters:

April 1: At approximately 9 p.m., Diego Verdugo-Sanchez was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 5500 W. Turney Ave.

June 3: At approximately 9:50 p.m., Horacio De Jesus Pena was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6700 W. Flower St.

June 10: At approximately 9:30 p.m., Manuel Castro Garcia was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6500 W. Coronado Road.

June 12: At approximately 3 a.m., Angela Linner, 12-year-old Maleah Ellis and Stefanie Ellis were shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6300 W. Berkeley Road.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/324269...des-in-phoenix

Check out the map of the shootings. I think he lives near the main clusters. LE should go door to door and interview every household member. Someone had to have gotten a better look at this person and maybe doesn't realize it.

I really think the killer maybe a son of someone that lives very near the cluster of shootings surrounded by 101 and 17 and bordered by 70.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/view?m...ydkx9u3UhDTCX8

Quote Originally Posted by ANZAC View Post
    Any word on the type of round? (Caliber?)
    None that I have heard. But, given the high percentage of fatalties, multiple fast following shots, and the fact that nobody notices the man is armed, I am guessing .223 fired from a compact AR-15 clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Check out the map of the shootings. I think he lives near the main clusters. LE should go door to door and interview every household member. Someone had to have gotten a better look at this person and maybe doesn't realize it.
    The killer seems proficient with the weapon he uses. I would also take the sketch by both official gun ranges and unoficial shooting areas in the national forests.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 07-14-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    None that I have heard. But, given the high percentage of fatalties, multiple fast following shots, and the fact that nobody notices the man is armed, I am guessing .223 fired from a compact AR-15 clone.

The killer seems proficient with the weapon he uses. I would also take the sketch by both official gun ranges and unoficial shooting areas in the national forests.
    I would have thought that too but the one article I have been reading says this about a handgun.

"Police said a handgun was used during the crimes and the suspect had no known prior contact with the victims."

A 223 is usually a long rifle or AR type assault rifle. If LE knows it is handgun they must have the bullets from some of the bodies to know that.

Probably a 9 mm handgun or a 38 or 357 handgun is my guess. Not sure why LE would not say type of handgun though. It would help the public if someone knows someone with a type of handgun and is thinking about someone for a tip

If LE knows it is a handgun it is frustrating why LE does not inform the public the type of weapon. I guess they want to keep it under wraps so the killer does not throw away the weapon. If they have the bullets then they want to eventually match it up to the gun that shot the bullets.

Its probably all they really have as evidence so they dont want to come right out and start hinting that they know the exact type of handgun. Suspect may just toss it and use another one. They want suspect to think he can go right on using the one he has so when they make an arrest they can prove he is the killer.

Thinking about it from that angle it kind of makes sense. I have to change my guess to a 9 mm since LE says it is semi automatic in that article and 9 mm is a common semi automatic handgun. The only other type that I think it could be would be a smaller type like a 380 or a 22 but i really doubt it is that small. 380 possibly but these killers usually like to go with stronger rounds like a 9mm.

A 9mm is very common semi automatic round for handguns. The other article said handgun and this one below says semi auto.
    So I am guessing 9mm semi-auto handgun is my guess. Until more is known.

"The shooter is described as a Hispanic male, 30-35 years old with a medium build. He was wearing red shorts and a white T-shirt, and was armed with a semi-automatic weapon."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/322223...eral-homicides
    Last edited by Hatfield; 07-14-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Oh NO! This is making major national news now. Every major news station I watched last night and this morning had story of this serial killer.

This is scary. 8 shootings with 7 deaths now. Maybe more. This guy is bold .

According to article.

The cases have been forensically linked.

The recently identified cases are:

March 17: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 16-year-old male was shot while walking in the street in the area of 1100 E. Moreland St. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 18: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 21-year-old male was shot while standing in the street outside of his vehicle in the area of 4300 N. 73rd Ave. His injuries were not life-threatening.

April 19: At approximately 4:30 a.m., Krystal Annette White, 55, was found dead from apparent gunshot injuries sustained in the area of 500 N. 32nd St.

June 12: At approximately 2:35 a.m., an unoccupied vehicle was shot and damaged in the area of 6200 W. Mariposa Drive.

Police have previously said the following cases are related to the same shooter or shooters:

April 1: At approximately 9 p.m., Diego Verdugo-Sanchez was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 5500 W. Turney Ave.

June 3: At approximately 9:50 p.m., Horacio De Jesus Pena was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6700 W. Flower St.

June 10: At approximately 9:30 p.m., Manuel Castro Garcia was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6500 W. Coronado Road.

June 12: At approximately 3 a.m., Angela Linner, 12-year-old Maleah Ellis and Stefanie Ellis were shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6300 W. Berkeley Road.

Yep Hatfield, I agree, he is very brazened and seemed to be escalating rapidly for four months. I was unaware of an active serial killer in AZ until seeing it on the national news yesterday. Seems that he has gone dormant for over a month now. That, combined with the fact that he obviously has no preferred victim profile is very concerning. His victims seem to be arbitrarily targeted; wrong place and wrong time; randomly selected victims of opportunity. Where is he now? What could his motive be?
    Awareness is the key. Glad a sketch has been shared. The American public is investigators most valuable resource. All possible info must be shared including a behavioral profile before more unsuspecting innocent lives are taken by this deviant psychopathic predator...

With the exception of having a preferred victim profile, THE SON OF SAM.-1976 prolific serial killer David Berkowitz, comes to mind, imo.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 07-14-2016 at 11:36 AM.

It's pretty crazy in Phoenix the past year or so with these shootings. There was the shootings on the highways last year but the suspect was released not long ago. Then on July 4th, 8 people were shot, including 4 juveniles with one being just 2 years old, about 8 to 13 miles from the serial killers victims. South of I-10, in Laveen Village, AZ in Phoenix city limits. That one sounds gang related & it was a group looking for a gang member the 8 didn't know. Two men came back and killed two adults, wounded the children/teens & two other adults with a semi-automatic. No leads.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ting/86701514/

Will not be traveling to Phoenix anytime soon.

Somewhere this morning I saw a video of the father of Stefanie Ellis. He stated that Angela Linner, 12-year-old Maleah Ellis and Stefanie Ellis were shot a total of 34 times. I can only find this article about Stefanie right now being shot a total of 14 times!! That's overkill.

Stefanie Ellis, 33, was close to her parents, daughters

Stefanie Ellis was shot 14 times on June 12 while listening to music in her car with daughter Maleah and friend Angela Linner. Ellis was in a coma and died July 7.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ters/86277530/

Here's the video about the 34 shots between the three victims.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/phoenix-...inkId=26562254
    Last edited by Dr. Know?; 07-14-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: eta grammar

I would have thought that too but the one article I have been reading says this about a handgun.

"Police said a handgun was used during the crimes and the suspect had no known prior contact with the victims."

Probably a 9 mm handgun or a 38 or 357 handgun is my guess. Not sure why LE would not say type of handgun though. It would help the public if someone knows someone with a type of handgun and is thinking about someone for a tip
    Thanks for the clarification. .38 and .357 are almost always revolver rounds. Revolvers have become increasingly rare some body might remember an individual firing one at a range. In either case, I agree that it would seem beneficial to publish the calibre of weapons being used. This is doubly so if it is relatively unusual.

Yikes, given the high number of over kill bullets being fired, the murder's weapon is probably not a revolver. They are limited to 5 or 6 rounds and re loading them quickly takes practice.

I really think the killer maybe a son of someone that lives very near the cluster of shootings surrounded by 101 and 17 and bordered by 70.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/view?m...ydkx9u3UhDTCX8
    Did you get the source on that map? The link works, but only opens a Google Map, and gives no indication of who made it.

ABC15 Phoenix also did a map of the case. The two maps disagree on a few locations. I haven't tried to resolve the differences, but my guess is that the ABC15 map is more accurate. It was certainly put together with more care and attention to detail.

The map with the unidentified source:

Screenshot 2016-07-14 at 4.52.12 PM.png

The ABC15 ARIZONA version is below:

Screenshot 2016-07-14 at 4.52.29 PM.png

Why was this board moved out of the Serial Killer forum? This is clearly a serial killer since all 7 murders have been linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Somewhere this morning I saw a video of the father of Stefanie Ellis. He stated that Angela Linner, 12-year-old Maleah Ellis and Stefanie Ellis were shot a total of 34 times. I can only find this article about Stefanie right now being shot a total of 14 times!! That's overkill.

Stefanie Ellis, 33, was close to her parents, daughters

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ters/86277530/
    Did the number of shots really indicate overkill? I'd initially thought so, figuring that the killer had to be a out-of-control amateur to shoot so many times. But I'm wondering, now, whether that might have been a prudent choice. On TV, it usually only takes one shot to kill someone, but not in real life. One of the three victims survived for days even being shot eight times after all.

Here is a graph of the shooting scenes (black squares) and the shooter's estimated anchor point (home?, work etc) adapted from rossmo's geographic profiling formula. Blue is cold -> Red is hot.

The plot points were taken from the addresses in http://www.azfamily.com/story/324269...des-in-phoenix, mentioned earlier in the thread.

I hope the killer is caught soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by c4rtm4n; 07-15-2016 at 04:50 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast