Man stops carjacking with hot coffee

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
:dance:

A would-be carjacker got quite a jolt when he picked the wrong car to try to steal, Jasper County deputies say. The suspect tapped the window of the car Wednesday morning with a gun and motioned the driver to get out, Chief Deputy Roy Hughes said.

The driver of the car had just bought a cup of hot coffee. So he slammed his door into the carjacker's legs, threw the coffee on him possibly burning the suspect's neck and face, and wrestled him to the ground, Hughes said.

A shot was fired during the scuffle, but no one was hurt. The driver managed to get the gun from the suspect and point it at him, Hughes said.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1020carjacking-CR.html

Good for him! I know you aren't supposed to fight back, but I hope the carjacker is burned in several sensitive areas!

Talk about negative reinforcement. OUCH! That's a lesson he won't forget. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's better to lose your car than your life, in this case though -the coffee was a brilliant defense.

Casshew said:
It's better to lose your car than your life, in this case though -the coffee was a brilliant defense.
Perhaps it's the "it's better to lose your car then your life" that keeps the criminals in business. How about we be more like this fellow with the coffee and just say, "we aren't going to take it any more".

I'd love to see everyone with a carry permit. We need to let the criminal element know that we aren't going to sit back and take it.....

I'm buying coffee more often, now! :)

ScorpioGal said:
Perhaps it's the "it's better to lose your car then your life" that keeps the criminals in business. How about we be more like this fellow with the coffee and just say, "we aren't going to take it any more".

I'd love to see everyone with a carry permit. We need to let the criminal element know that we aren't going to sit back and take it.....

I'm buying coffee more often, now! :)
I agree. And this is true with many levels of crime. In the last year my daughter, two of her friends, myself, a neighbor and a friend of mine all living in different neighborhoods have had cars vandalized and/or robbed. The comments from all the officers that came out to take reports was that they would never find the culprit, in other words they will never bother to look, because without an eyewitness it's next to impossible. While I understand this obviously the criminal element understands it too and uses it to his advantage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back