776 users online (96 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Rosie M. Schlicker, 20, Kansas City, March 14, 1978

Found this girl, very recently added to Charley:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ker_rosie.html

Rosie M. Schlicker

Above Images: Schlicker, circa 1978
    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: March 14, 1978 from Kansas City, Missouri
    Classification: Missing
    Date of Birth: January 21, 1958
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
    Schlicker was last seen at the Truman Medical Center in the 2300 block of Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri on March 14, 1978. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Also, she is not on NamUs? I don't know why she isn't, but I'm sure she can be added.

Contact info seems to be the Kansas City PD, phone 816-234-5136 or e-mail missingperson@kcpd.org

Info on Truman Medical Center (if that's needed): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trum...-Hospital_Hill

Quote Originally Posted by rats View Post

Rosie M. Schlicker

Details of Disappearance
    Schlicker was last seen at the Truman Medical Center in the 2300 block of Holmes Street in Kansas City, Missouri on March 14, 1978. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Also, she is not on NamUs? I don't know why she isn't, but I'm sure she can be added.

Contact info seems to be the Kansas City PD, phone 816-234-5136 or e-mail missingperson@kcpd.org

Info on Truman Medical Center (if that's needed): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trum...-Hospital_Hill
    I'm going to enter her

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I'm going to enter her
    Thank you! I feel like that'll help a lot -- maybe people will take more interest in her if she's in NamUs...

Thank you! I feel like that'll help a lot -- maybe people will take more interest in her if she's in NamUs...
    Thanks, was going to do it yesterday but I heard you replied to that post, I actually did too lol so I wondered if you entered her, so I waited.

Made side-by-side comparisons of Rosie with Mount Vernon Jane Doe, Lumberton Jane Doe, Walker County Jane Doe, Buckskin Girl, and Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. Hope I've attached them properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sumter County's Mystery Couple - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Does anyone else feel that due to the timing and resemblance, she should be submitted as Lumberton? I still feel that there is another reconstruction out there that carlK did that I can't find, that resembles Rosie significantly, I just can't find it! I know carlK is recently aware of Rosie because he posted in BG thread that he doesn't think BG is Rosie. I hope he's searching his recon drawings!!

Spring rain, you missed Arroyo in your attachments.

Here she is.:

image.jpeg

I think her profile doesn't match up with Rosie.

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Does anyone else feel that due to the timing and resemblance, she should be submitted as Lumberton? I still feel that there is another reconstruction out there that carlK did that I can't find, that resembles Rosie significantly, I just can't find it! I know carlK is recently aware of Rosie because he posted in BG thread that he doesn't think BG is Rosie. I hope he's searching his recon drawings!!
    TBH, I think it couldn't hurt to submit her. Then again, I've always felt it was better to submit and have them ruled out than not submit and have the correct match never get there. Maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Spring rain, you missed Arroyo in your attachments.

Here she is.:

I think her profile doesn't match up with Rosie.
    Oops. Thanks. Here's the comp, hope it attaches this time.

I submitted Rosie as a possible Arroyo today just in case, but I contacted Arroyo's NamUs contacts and Rosie's not in NamUs, so I don't know what can be done, and I should've thought it through before sending it. But I think Rosie will be in NamUs soon, so there's that.

TBH, I think it couldn't hurt to submit her. Then again, I've always felt it was better to submit and have them ruled out than not submit and have the correct match never get there. Maybe that's just me.
    Agreed, she should be submitted for all the reasonable possibles, so long as she's only submitted once and that way the people don't get their e-mails swamped. I really doubt she is BG for a variety of reasons (hair and eye color wrong, probably no matching scars, not seeing the resemblance, I don't think BG had been missing for 3 years, etc.) but it can't hurt to submit her as BG. Same goes for the other suggestions. Even if it just amounts to another rule-out, it's something. I think she's a good possible for Lumberton Jane Doe.

MVJD-I agree Rosie resembles MVJD, but there's a 10 year difference between Rosie's disappearance and the discovery of MVJD, which means if it were Rosie, she'd be in her 30s when this MVJD was discovered, and MVJD doesn't look that old to me.
    AGJD- has a noticeable gap between her #7 and #8 tooth that I don't see in Rosie's profile picture, but that could be the angle of the picture. I don't see their noses matching, but AGJD's nose seems off to me, anyway.
    WCJD - I think that's a good possibility, the only hitch for me would be the age. WCJD told the waitress at one of the places she stopped that she was 19. I don't see where that would be necessary if she were in her 20s. She'd really have no reason to lie about her age.
    Lumberton Jane Doe: Hair and height aren't exact but I see a resemblance between the two.
    BG - I'm thinking their complexions don't match, BG had a ton of moles and Rosie's face doesn't appear to have any.
    Perry County PA Jane Doe could be a possibility, too. I think Carl did a composite for her as well. She was the one with a lot of turquoise rings who was found in 1979 with an estimated time of death of a year prior.http://doenetwork.org/cases/11ufpa.html
    Last edited by Alleykins; 06-19-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Here's another possibility that I thought someone had posted here, but it was on Eva Ridall's thread as a possibility for Eva. I'm bringing it over here, since the remains were found in MO in 1985, est. TOD of 1984 and could possibly be Rosie, too. They were found about a half hour east of Kansas City, MO.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/446ufmo.html
    http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard....letal-remains/

Last edited by Alleykins; 06-19-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    MVJD-I agree Rosie resembles MVJD, but there's a 10 year difference between Rosie's disappearance and the discovery of MVJD, which means if it were Rosie, she'd be in her 30s when this MVJD was discovered, and MVJD doesn't look that old to me.
    AGJD- has a noticeable gap between her #7 and #8 tooth that I don't see in Rosie's profile picture, but that could be the angle of the picture. I don't see their noses matching, but AGJD's nose seems off to me, anyway.
    WCJD - I think that's a good possibility, the only hitch for me would be the age. WCJD told the waitress at one of the places she stopped that she was 19. I don't see where that would be necessary if she were in her 20s. She'd really have no reason to lie about her age.
    Lumberton Jane Doe: Hair and height aren't exact but I see a resemblance between the two.
    BG - I'm thinking their complexions don't match, BG had a ton of moles and Rosie's face doesn't appear to have any.
    Perry County PA Jane Doe could be a possibility, too. I think Carl did a composite for her as well. She was the one with a lot of turquoise rings who was found in 1979 with an estimated time of death of a year prior.http://doenetwork.org/cases/11ufpa.html
    MVJD--Rosie would be 30 when MVJD was discovered, a bit above the age estimate, but only a few months apart from Cathleen Martin, who was considered as a possibility for MVJD for years. I think it's worth a shot,
    AGJD-- In hindsight, I definitely think I jumped the gun on this one. I can't see the gap in Rosie's pic either, the height is wrong, their noses look different. I kind of wonder if AGJD's nose had been broken (she'd been beaten with a hammer), but I have nothing to go by for that.
    WCJD--I see the resemblance, but I very, very much doubt they are the same person. Even forgetting about the Kathy possible, I don't think it's her. None of it adds up.
    Lumberton Jane Doe--Height with skeletal remains are often an estimate anyhow. I think it's worth a shot.
    Buckskin Girl--IMO definitely not. Carl said their noses don't match. I don't really see any resemblance. I very strongly doubt BG had been out for 2 years before dying. Plus, Rosie had blue eyes, blonde hair, and unfreckled skin.

Alleykins: The Girl With The Turquoise Jewelry sounds like a good possibility to me. Carl did a very excellent recon of her. Hope I attached it properly, I hate this dang computer lol.

Looks good to me. Here's hoping we can get a match!

Rosie M. Schlicker

Details of Disappearance

I'm entering her right now, sorry just couldn't do it as soon as I wanted. Had time the other day but wasn't sure if you had so I waited, unfortunately got busy.

Does her 2 photos look like arrest photos to anyone? They're similar to another MP I entered, Janice Hughes, I cropped her NamUs photo to not show the LE board they hold. I ask because maybe there are prints for Rosie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast