1414 users online (302 members and 1112 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Eva Ridall, 15, Bradenton, 1 May 1977

This little girl has been missing since 1977 and was just added to NamUs Last month, It's good to see some of these cold cases which we aren't aware of being submitted to NamUs

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33753/

Eva disappeared from home in Bradenton, Florida, at age 15 in May of 1977. It is believed she ran away and went to Cincinnati. My mother and I reported this to The Bradenton Police Dept. and were assisted by Detective Cummings & Lt. Resch. We have been searching for her ever since. However, I have just learned that Eva's name was never put into a missing persons database. Please help me get her name entered into your database.

Hair color: Brown

Head hair: Born with light brown hair but she did color it to make it blonde.

Left eye color: Blue

Right eye color: Blue

Eye description: My sister's eyes were blue but a cousin says she remembers them as being hazel.

Tattoos: A cousin reports that Eva did tattoo her ankle, herself, at age 12. Sadly, this cousin does not remember the tattoo and cannot describe it. However, the tattoo may have been small i
    nitials.
    Last edited by Murkywaters; 06-17-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Can you tell us 1) why she ran away and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and 2) why she would have gone to Cincinnati? Any information could possible help.

Murky, is there a trick to finding these new cases in NamUs? Because, I do a date entered search. For example, for June updates, I do a date entered/created of 06/01/2016 to get all the ones added this month. I did that several times in May, but never once saw this case. Is there a special section or something?
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Wow. Florida needs to step up its game. In NamUs, I've come across several UPs that list recognizable face but there's no picture. There's also either no dental or it will be entered later, and very few of the cases from the 70s and 80s have DNA. What a disservice, considering the high incidence of missing people there.
    SMH.

In comments Eva's sister has contacted Namus according to this article, the composite scetch seems very like Eva to me

http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard....letal-remains/

Maybe someone can post side by side?
    Trust Your Instincts

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Murky, is there a trick to finding these new cases in NamUs? Because, I do a date entered search. For example, for June updates, I do a date entered/created of 06/01/2016 to get all the ones added this month. I did that several times in May, but never once saw this case. Is there a special section or something?
    https://lostandfound.revealnews.org/

I use this database, It's so much better. If go down to sort results by: and then choose case created, and put in the date you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkywaters View Post
    https://lostandfound.revealnews.org/

I use this database, It's so much better. If go down to sort results by: and then choose case created, and put in the date you want.
    Thank you, I will try that.

The case report indicates that Eva was from Hamilton County, Ohio.

Did you & your sister have relatives there? Did the two of you live with your Mom, while your Dad remained in Ohio?

Is there a town, or section of Cincinnati, that she preferred?

This kind of information helps the people her figure out where to look for Eva.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    The case report indicates that Eva was from Hamilton County, Ohio.

Did you & your sister have relatives there? Did the two of you live with your Mom, while your Dad remained in Ohio?

Is there a town, or section of Cincinnati, that she preferred?

This kind of information helps the people her figure out where to look for Eva.

Thanks!

I don't know Eva. I just saw she was recently listed in NamUs, Hopefully maybe her family might see this thread and be able to register and give us a bit more information.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Such a beautiful young woman, but 39 years is a long time to runaway and never contact your family. I just wondering why Cincinnati!

It pulls from the same database, too.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    In comments Eva's sister has contacted Namus according to this article, the composite scetch seems very like Eva to me

http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard....letal-remains/

Maybe someone can post side by side?
    The problem with these newspaper links is you can't tell what State/ location they found the remains in. Does anyone know that information for this UID remains?

Here is the side by side.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    The problem with these newspaper links is you can't tell what State/ location they found the remains in. Does anyone know that information for this UID remains?
    Agreed. I had to read the article twice through because the location isn't very clear at all, but I finally figured out that it is most likely Missouri. There's a Clay County in MO, which covers Kansas City, and MOSAR assisted with the search, which is Missouri Search and Rescue K9.

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Here is the side by side.

Thank you for the side by side I can see a strong resemblance here.
    I wish NamUs still had visible dental charts, at lease for the UID's. Eva has a very distinctive left front incisor which should help with any identification.
    Has anyone searched social media yet to see if there are any living possibilities? You never know. . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast