FL FL - Eva Ridall, 15, Bradenton, 1 May 1977

Murkywaters

Reaction score
wC4f0XY.jpg
lNVaOR2.jpg

This little girl has been missing since 1977 and was just added to NamUs Last month, It's good to see some of these cold cases which we aren't aware of being submitted to NamUs

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33753/

Eva disappeared from home in Bradenton, Florida, at age 15 in May of 1977. It is believed she ran away and went to Cincinnati. My mother and I reported this to The Bradenton Police Dept. and were assisted by Detective Cummings & Lt. Resch. We have been searching for her ever since. However, I have just learned that Eva's name was never put into a missing persons database. Please help me get her name entered into your database.

Hair color: Brown

Head hair: Born with light brown hair but she did color it to make it blonde.

Left eye color: Blue

Right eye color: Blue

Eye description: My sister's eyes were blue but a cousin says she remembers them as being hazel.

Tattoos: A cousin reports that Eva did tattoo her ankle, herself, at age 12. Sadly, this cousin does not remember the tattoo and cannot describe it. However, the tattoo may have been small i
nitials.

Murky, is there a trick to finding these new cases in NamUs? Because, I do a date entered search. For example, for June updates, I do a date entered/created of 06/01/2016 to get all the ones added this month. I did that several times in May, but never once saw this case. Is there a special section or something?

Wow. Florida needs to step up its game. In NamUs, I've come across several UPs that list recognizable face but there's no picture. There's also either no dental or it will be entered later, and very few of the cases from the 70s and 80s have DNA. What a disservice, considering the high incidence of missing people there.
SMH.

Murky, is there a trick to finding these new cases in NamUs? Because, I do a date entered search. For example, for June updates, I do a date entered/created of 06/01/2016 to get all the ones added this month. I did that several times in May, but never once saw this case. Is there a special section or something?

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org/

I use this database, It's so much better. If go down to sort results by: and then choose case created, and put in the date you want.

The case report indicates that Eva was from Hamilton County, Ohio.

Did you & your sister have relatives there? Did the two of you live with your Mom, while your Dad remained in Ohio?

Is there a town, or section of Cincinnati, that she preferred?

This kind of information helps the people her figure out where to look for Eva.

Thanks!

The case report indicates that Eva was from Hamilton County, Ohio.

Did you & your sister have relatives there? Did the two of you live with your Mom, while your Dad remained in Ohio?

Is there a town, or section of Cincinnati, that she preferred?

This kind of information helps the people her figure out where to look for Eva.

Thanks!

I don't know Eva. I just saw she was recently listed in NamUs, Hopefully maybe her family might see this thread and be able to register and give us a bit more information.

Such a beautiful young woman, but 39 years is a long time to runaway and never contact your family. I just wondering why Cincinnati!

The problem with these newspaper links is you can't tell what State/ location they found the remains in. Does anyone know that information for this UID remains?
Agreed. I had to read the article twice through because the location isn't very clear at all, but I finally figured out that it is most likely Missouri. There's a Clay County in MO, which covers Kansas City, and MOSAR assisted with the search, which is Missouri Search and Rescue K9.

Here is the side by side.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you for the side by side I can see a strong resemblance here.
I wish NamUs still had visible dental charts, at lease for the UID's. Eva has a very distinctive left front incisor which should help with any identification.
Has anyone searched social media yet to see if there are any living possibilities? You never know. . .

I haven't looked at all the links, but there is a Clay County, Florida as well.

ETA - I looked at the obituary link....all Missouri.

It is so nice to see cases such as this added to Namus. Many just fell through the cracks.

Here's her step-fathers obituary http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thenews-messenger/obituary.aspx?n=robert-clyde-ridall&pid=146426972 . He died June 23, 2010. It appears he's a pretty respected theologian, he attended University of Cincinnati Teachers College and God's Bible School and College is also in Cincinnati among others. He had 6 degrees. Oddly he died in Clyde, OH which happens to be his middle name. He would've adopted her and her sisters. He didn't marry her mom until 1969. Her biological sisters Ann Ridall, Florida; Eva Marie Ridall; Rachel Dellinger (Tim) Florida. Her mom is Lynda Joyce Carter and she still survives as of 2010.

Unless I'm reading the obituary wrong or missing something I don't see why they'd be in Florida.

found this on the doenetwork... Eva was last seen in Bradenton, Florida. It is believed she ran away and was seen by a cousin in Ohio shortly after her disappearance. The cousin was told that Eva would be going to California.

Also has an alias of Aubrey Natasha Ridall

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Eva Marie Ridall, 15, who is sometimes called Aubrey Natasha Victoria Ridall, ran away from her home in Bradenton, Manatee County, Florida on or around May 1, 1977.

It is believed that she took a plane or bus (possibly she hitchhiked) to a cousin’s home in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, where she told her cousin she was headed for California.

Authorities are in the process of obtaining a DNA profile to compare to several Jane Doe’s, including Clay County Jane, a young female homicide victim found in an area off Hwy 210 and Boyer Road near Cooley Lake, in Clay County, Missouri, on April 18, 1985,

If alive, Eva Marie Ridall will turn 55 on August 23, 2016. Eva’s dad, the Methodist pastor, Doctor Robert Clyde Ridall, passed away on June 23, 2010. Eva is listed as a live descendent. She has a number of sisters who continue to search for her.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. The known information is decades old; and at times ambiguous.

Her case remains – unsolved.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bradenton Police Department (Florida)
Detective Brian Wingate
941-932-9300

OR

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678

Agency Case Number: 184269
NCMEC Case Number: 1269494
NamUs Case Number: MP # 33753

If the ultimate destination is California then why go to Cincinnati?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back