904 users online (120 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry mom drop kicks birthday cake at Kroger in Bloomfield Township

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, MI - Batman versus Superman? They were no match for an angry mom at a Kroger store in Bloomfield Township.

Police said the mom “drop kicked” a custom-made birthday cake that featured the superheroes on June 11 after becoming upset over the design.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/b...field-township

That poor child. Not having the "perfect" cake wouldn't have ruined his (or her) birthday. Having his mom destroy the cake and making such an a$#$ of herself that the police were called is what ruined his birthday.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I was just about to start a thread about this. Talk about bizarre Here's The Detroit News article that I just read.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...lity/86022362/

ETA: Let's hope this child doesn't grow up imitating the mother's bad behavior.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 06-17-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybelle29 View Post
    BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, MI - Batman versus Superman? They were no match for an angry mom at a Kroger store in Bloomfield Township.

Police said the mom “drop kicked” a custom-made birthday cake that featured the superheroes on June 11 after becoming upset over the design.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/b...field-township
    She was either having a really bad day or she has an un-diagnosed personality disorder. However, that's not an excuse to behave like that.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Are we sure it's actually the child who's turning seven?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    She was either having a really bad day or she has an un-diagnosed personality disorder. However, that's not an excuse to behave like that.
    PMSing?

I felt like drop kicking a watermelon today,but did not,instead I prayed for strength and patience. You would not believe what I went through over a watermelon,so I have some compassion for the woman.I only hope her son did not witness this meltdown. We do not know what was going on in her life and all of us have lost it at one point in our lives.Don't any of you have days were people push you to the point of crying or kicking a cake? I just hope when I do it nobody records it and posts it to SM.

If the customer approved the design in advance, she has no valid complaint. However, if she did and the finished product was nothing like what she ordered, I don't blame her for being upset. The acting out was a bit much but you never know someone's story so it is not good to paint everyone with the same brush.

I get tired of services coming up short...you know, bank tellers or store cashiers who are rude, advertisements that don't say what they mean and when you question it you are the bad guy...there are many examples, really. I have at times been fed up enough to act out and therefore I will not sit here and say that mother did not have her reasons. I am not saying the mother's response to bad service was appropriate but hey, we might not have all the facts.

I am very familiar with this Kroger store and shopped there when we first lived in Oakland County because the former Wrigley's was the closest supermarket to our condominium in northwest Troy. As a young mother, I often felt uncomfortable among wealthy clientele in upscale Bloomfield Hills. Still, the store was convenient, and I preferred it to hypermarket Meijer. DH frequently stops at this Kroger location on his way home from work. I'm not going to lose my cool here and tell you what I think of this woman's behaviors, but you can read between the lines

I wish they'd release this video. I need a good laugh. wth is wrong with people?

^ I don't think there is any video of the unfortunate episode.

Cake-kicking customer charged with misdemeanor

Kroger customer who drop-kicked cake charged

Breana Noble, The Detroit News 4:51 p.m. EDT June 21, 2016

A customer is being charged with tumultuous conduct after she allegedly drop-kicked a birthday cake in a Bloomfield Hills Kroger.

Tricia Ann Kortes, 46, of Bloomfield Hills, is scheduled for arraignment June 29 at 48th District Court, where she is expected to be charged with tumultuous conduct for disturbing the public peace, which is a misdemeanor, Bloomfield Township Detective Sgt. John Weise said.

On June 11, officers went to the Kroger store at 4099 Telegraph for a complaint of a customer causing trouble, according to a news release...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...arge/86202470/

Poor cakes need a safe space.
    JMO. MOO.

Sadly, this tumultuous cake-kicking mama could get a harsher sentence than the ex-swimming-star rapist and the affluenza-impaired driver who killed and then cried that his lifestyle was responsible.

But never fear, people! We can all rest comfortably now that we know that LE is determined to save citizens of all ages from potential trauma that might result from the sheer horror of witnessing or hearing news reports of icing and cream filling hitting the floor.

Arrow

It's not as trivial as it sounds. If the mother was disappointed in the design, she could have requested they change it, or she could have fixed it when she got home. Did she pay for the destroyed cake??? If not she owes the store the money they spent in materials and time making it. She made a mess of the store and left. Very bad example for her child of anger management and the kid ended up with no cake. How is that better??? Glad she was charged with something, what a temper tantrum!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast