1174 users online (239 members and 935 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Jennifer, 15, & Ashley Conroy, 7 mos, Kansas City, 14 Dec 1993

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: December 14, 1993 from Kansas City, Missouri
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: May 6, 1993
    Height and Weight: 2'0, 15 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
    Ashley and her mother, Jennifer Conroy, were last seen in their hometown of Kansas City, Missouri on December 14, 1993. Jennifer and Ashley lived with Jennifer's grandmother at the time. Jennifer told her grandmother they were going to a friend's house and would return in approximately one hour. She brought one diaper and one bottle of formula for Ashley, which was her normal routine when leaving home for short periods of time. Jennifer and her daughter were apparently accompanied by a male friend at the time. Neither Jennifer nor Ashley have been seen again and their cases remain unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...oy_ashley.html

Jennifer Lynn Conroy: 15 yrs old- 1993

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: December 14, 1993 from Kansas City, Missouri
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: May 7, 1978
    Height and Weight: 4'10, 120 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Jennifer has a scar under her chin. She has a Caesarian section scar on her abdomen. Jennifer has a rose tattoo on her ankle. One of her upper front teeth may have been chipped at the time of her 1993 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
    Jennifer and her daughter, Ashley Conroy, were last seen in their hometown of Kansas City, Missouri on December 14, 1993. Jennifer and Ashley lived with Jennifer's grandmother at the time. Jennifer told her grandmother they were going to a friend's house and would return in approximately one hour. She brought one diaper and one bottle of formula for Ashley, which was her normal routine when leaving home for short periods of time. Jennifer and her daughter were apparently accompanied by a male friend at the time. Neither Jennifer nor Ashley have been seen again and their cases remain unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._jennifer.html

Neighbors saw Jennifer and Ashley get into a pickup truck at Jennifer's grandmother's house - this is the only detail I can find on this case. Foul play is suspected. Still searching for more information, but I am quite disturbed at how little there is on this case...

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySloth View Post
    Neighbors saw Jennifer and Ashley get into a pickup truck at Jennifer's grandmother's house - this is the only detail I can find on this case. Foul play is suspected. Still searching for more information, but I am quite disturbed at how little there is on this case...
    The lack of information in the case is shocking and disheartening to say the least. Glad you decided to join us.

These links contain much of the same info as above.

Kansas City Police Dept's page for Jennifer & Ashley: http://kcmo.gov/police/missing-perso...onroy-missing/

Jennifer's NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5968
    Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/778dfmo.html

Yes I saw those - I even noticed on one that they had the date wrong, indicated as the 16th. Neighbors saw a pick-up truck, why do we not know a color at the very least? Make/year estimation, ANYTHING? I can't figure out how, or why there is so little to go on when a young, teen mother and infant child go missing.

I totally agree, I don't get it either. I can partially understand protecting the integrity of the investigation initially by withholding some details and info, but 22 + years later?! After this amount of time, I have a hard time believing this case will be resolved without the aid of a witness of some kind. Without details, it's possible even that a key witness doesn't even know they have pertinent information. The longer authorities wait, the likelihood that the key(s) to this case forget, pass away, etc.

I'm going to break one of my own personal posting rules and compare this to another case I'm just as baffled by. The case of Diamond Bynum and King Walker. I understand that the comparison doesn't really help get us anywhere, but I feel like the two cases are similar in many ways, they just happened to have occurred almost 2 decades apart.

That is interesting, I hadn't heard of that case before. It is mind blowing how anyone, let alone two people (one being a child) can just disappear in this day and age, living in such a digitally monitored world. Almost anything we do relies on technology. For this to happen in 1993 is one thing, but in this time period? It's hard for me to fathom.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - EAP

"Most of my advances were by mistake. You uncover what is when you get rid of what isn't." - R. Buckminster Fuller