1239 users online (245 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

CA - Anton Yelchin, actor in 'Star Trek' films, dies

Anton Yelchin, actor in 'Star Trek' films, dies in freak car accident at age 27

Actor Anton Yelchin, perhaps best known for his role in the new “Star Trek” films, died early Sunday after his vehicle rolled down his Studio City driveway and trapped the actor against a mailbox, authorities confirmed.

Friends went to the 27-year-old actor’s home shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, when he didn’t show up for a rehearsal as expected, LAPD Officer Jenny Houser told The Times. Authorities believe Yelchin’s vehicle rolled backwards down the steep driveway, Houser said, pinning him against a brick mailbox and security gate.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-act...ium=socialflow
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

How tragic! Such a young man. RIP Anton.

He had been pinned by his car in his driveway at his San Fernando Valley home. Yelchin’s death was confirmed by his publicist earlier today. Foul play is not suspected.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-act...ium=socialflow

RIP Anton.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Shocked 27!

RIP Anton
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

So sorry for his family and friends. Just so young !
    Liked him in "Odd Thomas" and the Trek movies. Doesn't seem real.
    He portrayed a sensitive soul very well.

Goodbye, Anton !

May you rest in eternal peace.

I am heartbroken by this. He was one of my favorite actors, we were the same age and I basically grew up with him on my screen. He was immensely talented and had so much to offer. There were awards and accolades in his future, I just know it.

I've been catching up on Twitter and absolutely everyone has something nice to say about him. He was universally loved and respected. I encourage everyone to watch his movies, especially Alpha Dog and Like Crazy. Also his Criminal Minds episode was probably the best I've ever seen.

What a shock for his parents, losing their only son on Father's Day.

RIP Anton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so saddened by this. By all accounts he was a great guy. I enjoyed his work. Such a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Was his Grand Cherokee a 2014 or 2015 model? They were recalled for gearshift problems. I haven't been able to find anything stating what year his car was, just that it's a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Genuinely upset about this. He was a great talent and will be missed. RIP Anton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

This is so sad. I was so impressed with his acting in Alpha Dog......he was so good in that film. RIP Anton. Gone too soon.

emiusacska is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    I was an extra with him in the movie Middle of Nowhere, and also watched him in Alpha Dog. Sad that he lost his life so early

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Jeep fires back over death of Star Trek star: Company says it's too early to blame Anton Yelchin's death on his car - despite vehicle safety recall, as actor's distraught father steps out

Yelchin, 27, was found early Sunday morning on his steep driveway

His 2.5-ton Jeep had pinned him to a brick mailbox

The vehicle was in neutral and engine was still running

But Jeep company said it's too early to speculate that the car was faulty

Jeep Cherokees that had a confusing gear stick were recalled in April

The gear stick made it easy for drivers to forget the Jeep was in neutral when they got out the car

Blamed for 212 crashes, 308 property damage claims and 41 injuries

Rising star will next be seen in Star Trek Beyond, out in July

Distraught father Viktor pictured outside LA home, hours after son's death

Floral tributes have started to be placed outside the gates of Anton's home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-tragic-death

Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin died of his injuries in less than a minute after his Jeep crushed him as coroner officially rules it an accident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4CJ5uenGh

"The question is why, nearly a year later, Fiat Chrysler has still not come up with a fix for the problem, which has now been linked to hundreds of accidents, dozens of injuries and now — potentially — a well-publicized death."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/bu...eeps.html?_r=0
    Just my opinion

Company might say it's too early to blame death on the car-but from the description sure sounds like this was the exact type of problem the recall was for. Drivers had a hard time figuring if the car was in park or in neutral, resulting in cars rolling over when drivers exited the car.

"The problem involves an electronic gearshift, whose operation is similar to that of a video-game joystick. It has confused many drivers, who thought they had left their cars in park, only to find they were in neutral, and started rolling away after the drivers stepped out."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/bu...eeps.html?_r=0
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast