MI MI - Annette Jones, 23, Kalamazoo, 13 Nov 1991

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/06/young_mothers_cold-case_murder.html

The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety is close to solving the case of the 1991 murder of Annette Jones, but needs the public's assistance with additional information.

Annette Jones, a 23-year-old mother of two boys, was found bound and gagged in her Vine neighborhood apartment...

An autopsy found the cause of death was strangulation.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/kalamazoo-detectives-closer-to-solving-1991-murder-case

Detectives tell us in 1991 they had a suspect, a man infatuated with Jones who stalked her and they say it's the same man they're still looking at today...

Police tell us in 1993, two years after Jones was murdered, a note was found tacked to the door of the suspect threatening his wife. "This young lady, whoever this person was, was having an affair with the suspect," said Det. Cordes.

The mystery woman writes, "You better leave him, or he has told me, that he will kill, kill, kill you, as he has done to the girl two years ago." signed J.F.

Her mother passed away in 2015 and her boys are still hoping someone will be charged.

A few things to wonder...............I wonder if an advanced finger print analysis of some sort could be performed on the sticky note? A person would presumably have to press somewhat hard to adhere the note to the door. This may help identify the writer JF. It would sure help to know who the suspect is too. Are suspect names ever released? I also wonder if a census was conducted around that time or some other method of resident-ship to identify all female "JF's" living within a certain radius?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back