AK AK - LoriDee Wilson, 30, Juneau, 28/29 March 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Dillingham woman missing after leaving Juneau treatment center in March
06202016_Missing-Woman_COURTESY-600x498.jpg

A Dillingham woman has been missing in Juneau for nearly three months. The family of 30-year-old LoriDee Wilson has no information on her whereabouts, but continues to hope that she’ll be found alive.
Wilson’s older sister Gwen Larson said she last spoke to her younger sister on the phone on March 24th. At that point, Wilson had been at the hospital less than two weeks, but Larson says she seemed to be in a good state of mind during the phone call.
http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06...ter-leaving-juneau-treatment-center-in-march/

I'm confused, I'm seeing posts as recently as today on Facebook that state that she's still missing, yet there's a picture she posted in May on her profile (maybe someone is posting to try and get her to contact them as the picture is of her children? )
LoriDee's Facebook :
https://m.facebook.com/loridee.wilson

I'm confused, I'm seeing posts as recently as today on Facebook that state that she's still missing, yet there's a picture she posted in May on her profile (maybe someone is posting to try and get her to contact them as the picture is of her children? )
LoriDee's Facebook :
https://m.facebook.com/loridee.wilson

I see a photo from May 2015?

Wilson went to Juneau in mid-March to get drug addiction treatment program at the Rainbow Recovery Center...

And, to add to her family’s concerns, Wilson is now overdue for a throat surgery that she gets each year due to a childhood accident that left her airway constricted.

“She hasn’t scheduled that yet, we talked to her doctor. And this is a thing she has to get every year, she has to have her throat dilated, for the last 20 years she’s had it done,” Larson explained. “We’re worried for her that she could choke, because usually when it’s close to surgery time, she has to have soft foods.”

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06...ter-leaving-juneau-treatment-center-in-march/

Among the attendees was nine-year old Lori Dee Wilson (“Lori Dee”).   The lights at the facility had been dimmed for the dance.   Non-alcoholic beverages were available in the kitchen adjacent to the dancing area.   Kallstrom went to the kitchen to get Lori Dee a drink.   Kallstrom poured a drink from a pitcher sitting on the counter which she believed to be fruit juice and gave it to Lori Dee. In fact, the pitcher contained a lye-based caustic detergent that caused severe, permanent internal injuries to Lori Dee upon ingestion.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1277875.html

She's been missing for almost 1 year now. Foul play or an OD maybe? So sad, she has three young boys.

I am Alaska Native Facebook post 6/20/2016.

I am Alaska Native
"Larson says the past few months have been difficult on the family, but they are holding out hope that Wilson is still alive.

"If she hears this, we love and care for her and we want her to call us," said Larson, "and her kids miss her."

"If you have any information regarding LoriDee Wilson of Dillingham, call the Juneau Police Department at (907) 586-0600 or contact Gwen Larson at (907) 843-1412."

Now in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Loridee June Wilson – The Charley Project

• Missing Since03/24/2016
  • Missing FromJuneau, Alaska
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceNative American
  • Date of Birth09/01/1985 (34)
  • Age30 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 130 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsWilson is addicted to drugs. She accidentally drank a caustic lye-based detergent as a child and her esophagus was severely burned. As a result, she has to have surgery at least once annually to dilate her esophagus and keep the scar tissue and swelling from constricting her throat. She'd had the procedure performed over 200 times prior to her disappearance, and was scheduled to have it again in August 2016, but missed it. She's never gone this long without the surgery and will eventually die if she doesn't get it done.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsNative American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wilson's ears are pierced. She has marks on both arms, wrists and hands, and scars on her upper lip, forehead and the right side of her upper abdomen. Some agencies spell her name "Lori Dee" or "LoriDee."
Details of Disappearance
Wilson left her Dillingham, Alaska home in mid-March 2016 and enrolled in a residential drug addiction treatment program at the Rainforest Recovery Center in Juneau, Alaska. She needed to be drug-free in order to have throat dilation surgery performed in August.

She seemed to be doing well in treatment and spoke to her sister on the phone on March 24. However, that same day, after less than two weeks in the treatment center, she left via a ground-floor window and disappeared.

When Wilson's family was notified she'd left treatment, they went to Juneau to look for her. Her father searched all over the city for her, spoke to people at the homeless shelter and the public transit system, monitored airline flights and ferry rides, and even hired a local person to look for her when he couldn't be in Juneau, but no one has seen or heard from her since her disappearance.

Wilson has dropped out of sight before for a few months at a time, but never for this long, and due to her drug addiction and her state of health, her family fears for her safety. Her case remains unsolved.

If her plan was to leave I wonder if she would stay in the area or travel to another city/state. The treatment center looks pretty nice and if most stays were 30 days, she was half way thru. What changed, did she meet someone and they influenced her to leave?

Rainforest Recovery Center

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back