1101 users online (226 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Steven Esworthy, 32, murdered on Harrisburg street, 19 June 2016

Steven Esworthy was walking home from his brother's wedding celebration in Harrisburg when a robber surprised him from behind by slamming an object against his head.

The robber took cash and some of Esworthy's personal belongings before fleeing from the scene in the 1200 block of Green Street in midtown...

Witnesses who saw a man rifling through Esworthy's pockets as he lay dying provided a general description of the robber. He was described as a black man, tall, possibly 6 feet tall and thin, wearing light-colored or faded jeans with a white tank-top around his neck.

Brant Hansen's wife was walking their dogs one morning in April in midtown Harrisburg when a stranger threw a hammer at her. She reached down to pick it up and the man charged her, put her in a headlock and threw her down on the street without saying a word.

Since the bizarre attack, Hansen and his wife have seen the same man in their midtown neighborhood. They've taken photographs of him, followed him home, called 911 and provided all the information to police...

The hammer-throwing suspect was described as a black man, 6 feet tall, slim, with a light-colored complexion wearing black and white camouflage pants and a matching jacket...

"I don't know what else to do. You take pictures and give them the address and then obviously when I saw the murder news yesterday, I'm like it seems like the same MO (method of operation.) I don't know if it's the same guy. I have no idea. I want this guy taken care of..he's got to be taken off the street."

Coroner Graham Hetrick said it appears the attacker came up behind 32-year-old Steven Esworthy and struck him extremely hard with a piece of 1¼” x 1¼” oak lumber.

“He immediately went to the ground so quickly he could not even put his hands out, that’s how quickly he lost consciousness,” Hetrick said.
    Surveillance video released:

Arrest of UN-Named Suspect

Last edited by Richrd; 06-25-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Geez! Pretty sure this is him since there's someone of the same last name (brother?) who appears to have gotten married yesterday. So sad!!!

Suspect Identified ::: Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail