CA - George Lowery, 50, beaten to death, Santee, 24 Apr 2016 *Arrests*

danielkk

Reaction score
attachment.php

Two brothers accused of torturing and killing a homeless man found in a riverbed in Santee, California.
George Lowery, 50, was beaten with "fists and feet" in an assault that homicide investigators describe as "a very horrific event." Lowery died five days later

Brothers Preston Mostrong, 19, and Austin Mostrong, 20, are accused.

Lowery's family and other witnesses said the attack was in retaliation after Lowery tried to stop the brothers from bullying homeless people.

attachment.php

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ry-Mostrong-Brothers-San-Diego-377834261.html

Attachments

• Man_kidnapped__tortured_and_killed_0_37263145_ver1.0_640_480 - Copy.jpg
    Man_kidnapped__tortured_and_killed_0_37263145_ver1.0_640_480 - Copy.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Two_brothers_charged_with_murder_and_tor_0_37429860_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    Two_brothers_charged_with_murder_and_tor_0_37429860_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 89

Attachments

• hailey-suder-5.jpg
    hailey-suder-5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 88
attachment.php

An 18-year-old woman accused of involvement in the fatal beating of a homeless man two months ago in the bed of the San Diego River in Santee pleaded not guilty Monday to being an accessory after the fact.

Hailey Jordan Suder was ordered held on $100,000 bail. She faces three years and eight months behind bars if convicted.
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/06/20/woman-visibly-emotional-when-charged-in-homeless-mans-death/

I also had to include this other pic of the brothers who've been charged. They look very different in this photo, much older and tougher, IMO

attachment.php

Rest in peace Mr. Lowery. Prayers go out to his wife and daughter as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 89
Agree...didn't know if photo had to show "officiality" on it, like a news program logo, etc. Thanks!

A homeless man was beaten and killed in Santee, California following a dispute over a paintball gun, his wife told NBC 7 San Diego.

[FONT=&quot]Penny Lowery said her husband was killed because he tried to protect another homeless man a week before his death. [/FONT]"They were shooting him with a paintball gun. My husband took the paintball gun from him,” Penny Lowery said in an interview with NBC 7 the day her husband was taken off life support.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...lowed-Fight-Over-Paintball-Gun-378119851.html
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

George's death is a tragedy, but even moreso because he was murdered while trying to help others and do the right thing. He didn't have to step-up, but he did, when so many others would have been ok with turning a blind eye and walking the other way. Senseless doesn't even begin to describe it. Grrrr, I'm so angry...I honestly have nothing else to say that can be posted here at the moment :furious:

What a sad story. We had a similar tragedy here in Lakeland where a group of teens killed a homeless man. The guy I am familiar with only served a year or two...so sad.

Brothers to stand trial in killing of homeless man in Santee
At the end of a two-day preliminary hearing, Judge Daniel Goldstein ordered brothers Austin Mostrong, 21, and Preston Mostrong, 20, to stand trial of charges of murder and torture in connection with George Lowery’s death. Prosecutors contend that the brothers were in the truck that evening, along with Austin’s then-18-year-old girlfriend.

At the link, you can read George's wife's testimony of how she found him, still alive but unconscious and bound. It's truly heartbreaking and I pray she is surrounded by love as I have no idea how she could possibly start to deal with and come to peace with what happened.

i wonder why the homeless are victimized there so much... this and the one guy who was serial killing them. we have a ton of homeless in my area and while they do end up crime victims its not usually due to abuse by non homeless ppl. its strange to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back