TX - Vicki, 51, & Nichole Gonzales, 27, slain, Hunt County, 17 June 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A man suspected of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s home and then killing her and her mother Friday is in custody in Hunt County.

Tyrone Jamaal Williams, 30, is charged with murder in the deaths of Vicki Ann Gonzales, 51, and her daughter Nichole Elizabeth Gonzales, 27.

(...)

With the aid of the Texas Rangers, Williams was identified as the main suspect and an unsuccessful search of the area was conducted.

About 11 p.m. Friday, a suspicious citizen called the sheriff’s department to report a barefoot man wearing a hard hat and safety vest walking toward the Commerce Wal-Mart (...) When approached by officers, Williams at first gave a false name and reason for being in the area barefoot and wearing safety equipment. Upon determining his true identity, officers took him into custody.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...er-of-two-women-thursday-in-hunt-county.html/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 196
A warrant revealed the name of a suspect in a violent double homicide was heard several times during a 911 call made from the scene where two women were found violently murdered Friday afternoon at a home located just outside of Commerce in Hunt County.

(...)

The warrant states a later review of the 911 call revealed the sound of a female in the background yell out, "No Tyrone."

(...)

According to authorities, "numerous" 911 calls were made from the home between the time range of May 6 through June 9. (...) Authorities also say there's a history of CPS involvement and alleged family violence at the hands of Williams.

Family members say Nicole Gonzales had recently filed a restraining order against Williams after police advised her to do so.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/warrant-describes-bloody-scene-in-hunt-county/250745000

An attorney specializing in death penalty capital murder cases has been appointed for a San Marcos man charged in connection with the deaths of a mother and daughter near Commerce.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](...)[/FONT]

Tyrone Jamaal Williams, 30, remains in the custody of the Hunt County Detention Center, being held in lieu of $1 million bond on a charge of capital murder of multiple persons. Williams had filed a writ of habeas corpus from the jail, seeking the appointment of an attorney.

During a Tuesday morning hearing in the 354th District Court, Judge Richard A. Beacom appointed an attorney from the West Texas Regional Public Defender for Capital Cases program to represent Williams on the writ. No additional hearings were immediately scheduled.
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/at...cle_8a972680-3803-11e6-ae8f-038575eee6a3.html

My husband works construction and must wear hard hats, safety glasses, those orange or bright yellow caution vests, etc. Barefoot does not go with safety. Ever.

If I saw some dude walking down the street barefoot wearing such gear I would find it suspicious. Not enough to phone LE but yeah. Perhaps the suspect's behavior was also odd upping the suspicious factor.

Why was the citizen suspicious?:thinking:

If I saw a barefoot man wearing a hard hat and safety vest at 11pm I might think it was weird but I wouldn't call the police. Maybe there was more to his behavior.

If I saw a barefoot man wearing a hard hat and safety vest at 11pm I might think it was weird but I wouldn't call the police. Maybe there was more to his behavior.

Little confusion here.. I was referring to the way the journalist worded that sentence, they said:
About 11 p.m. Friday, a suspicious citizen called the sheriff’s department to report a barefoot man wearing a hard hat and safety vest walking toward the Commerce Wal-Mart on State Highway 50, WFAA-TV reported.

They worded it like the person who called to report him was suspicious, not that TW was suspicious..,

BBM
"The prior calls indicate criminal mischief in which Williams is alleged to have slashed Nicole's tires and scratched the side of the car, a robbery in which Williams stole Nicole's cellphone, and an assault impeding breath in which Williams is alleged to have choked Nicole and an incident in which Williams is supposed to have placed a tracker on Nicole's car," the warrants states
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/warrant-describes-bloody-scene-in-hunt-county/250745000

Twenty, thirty years ago I hoped we might one day fully recognize the seriousness of domestic violence.

We're still not there.

It is possible to hold a suspect without bond if they are determined to be a danger to others.

I haven't read any further particulars regarding that assault, so I can't make a fully informed judgment as to why this man was not sitting in the Hunt County jail awaiting trial on a second degree felony assault charge.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm

The nature of the relationship between Nicole and the perp, as well as the impeding breath element, enhance an assault charge to a second degree felony. Second degree felonies have a punishment range of 2-20 years in prison.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.12.htm

With effort, the Texas statutes were changed over the years to reflect a better understanding of the seriousness of domestic violence.

Unfortunately for victims like Nicole and her mother, the full potential impact of the statutes is not always implemented.

Until after the fact of an escalation to a fatal end.

As I said, I don't know the particulars as to why this man was not already in jail, so I don't know who to be angry with -- the DA's office, a JP who set a bond, a district court judge? Who?

I do know that we can do better for victims.

Williams indicted in double homicide near Commerce

An indictment has been issued in connection with a double homicide near Commerce in June.

Tyrone Jamaal Williams, 30, of San Marcos, is facing a total of seven counts under the indictment, including two counts of capital murder in connection with the June 17 slayings of Nichole Elizabeth Gonzales, 27, and her mother, Vicki Ann Gonzales, 51 at a residence in the 7300 block of State Highway 50, just outside of Commerce

The indictment was issued sealed by the Hunt County grand jury Aug. 26 and was publicly posted as part of court records Thursday. An arraignment date on the indictment was not immediately set by the 354th District Court.

Pending capital murder trial moving to new court

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/pending-capital-murder-trial-moving-to-new-court/article_7ef4b67e-a31c-11e6-9a49-cb602b27ea13.html

Williams was indicted by the Hunt County grand jury in August, although a trial date had not scheduled with the 354th District Court.

Judge Richard A. Beacom this week ordered Williams’ trial moved to the jurisdiction of 196th District Court Judge J. Andrew Bench.

Keli Aiken, the judge-elect of the 354th District Court, assumes the bench on Jan. 1, 2017 but has a conflict with the prosecution of Williams, as she was an Assistant Hunt County District Attorney when Williams allegedly committed the crimes and when he was indicted.

A San Marcos man has pleaded not guilty to killing a mother and daughter near Commerce in June.

Tyrone Jamaal Williams, 30, is facing a total of seven counts under a capital murder indictment returned by the Hunt County grand jury in August in connection with the June 17 slayings of Nichole Elizabeth Gonzales, 27, and her mother, Vicki Ann Gonzales, 51 at a residence just outside of Commerce.

Williams entered the not guilty plea Thursday during an arraignment hearing in the 196th District Court. Judge J. Andrew Bench accepted the plea and scheduled an interim hearing for March 9, 2017.
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/wi...cle_eeb047c2-bd92-11e6-874e-b353afa525e9.html

New charge in 2016 murders
A Travis County woman has been charged in connection with a 2016 double homicide of a mother and daughter near Commerce.

Mabel Jean Gonzalez, 42, of Austin was indicted by the Hunt County grand jury in June on one count of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. Gonzalez was arraigned and pleaded not guilty to the charge during a hearing Tuesday in the 196th District Court. An interim hearing concerning discovery evidence was scheduled in the court for Sept. 6.

Guilty plea entered to attempted tampering in 2016 double homicide

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/guilty-plea-entered-to-attempted-tampering-in-double-homicide/article_3627067c-4a5f-11e8-90e4-37c9b0f02c20.html

Mabel Jean Gonzales, 42, of Austin was indicted in June 2017 on one count of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence with the intent to impair.

During a hearing Friday in the 196th District Court, Gonzales pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of attempting to tamper with or fabricating evidence. Judge Andrew Bench set a sentencing date for August 15 and agreed to a lower bond in the case.

In a criminal complaint filed as part of court records, the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office revealed Gonzales was the girlfriend of Tyrone Jamaal Williams who has pleaded not guilty to seven counts under a capital murder indictment in connection with the June 17, 2016 slayings of Nichole Elizabeth Gonzales, 27, and her mother, Vicki Ann Gonzales, 51.

A pretrial hearing in Williams’ case is scheduled May 14. A trial date has not yet been set.

Attorneys for a defendant charged in a reported double homicide near Commerce more than three years ago are seeking to have the pending capital murder indictment dismissed.

The West Texas Regional Public Defender for Capital Cases program is representing Tyrone Jamaal Williams and claims the case should be thrown out after the Hunt County District Attorney’s Office may have acted on confidential information regarding Williams’ defense strategy.
Attorneys seek dismissal of charge in 2016 double murder

A hearing on the motion to dismiss has been scheduled for Nov. 15.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back