CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #2

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
John Nelson Beck
beck_1455199599420_829830_ver1.0.PNG

Search for missing Alameda man

Alameda, California -
There is still no sign of an Alameda resident who has been missing since Tuesday morning.

John Beck, 73, was dropped off at 9 a.m. in the 1300 block of Clay Street in Oakland, at the Oakland City Center.

https://www.facebook.com/findjohnbeck/

http://www.ktvu.com/news/88802144-story

I'm going to regret this because this case makes me so mad. But here I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we're gathering to sit in silence while we wait for JB to be found or come back. For anyone new, it's best to read the first thread. But here's a quick recap.

John Nelson Beck disappeared in Oakland CA after his wife dropped him off for an appointment downtown. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) surveillance video showed him on the platform about to board a train to SF soon after. His computer showed a number of searches and street views from early that morning, including a search for directions to Sutro Baths and Land's End in SF by the ocean and near the Presidio and the Golden Gate Bridge.

John's family and friends actively searched on foot and on Instagram, looking for any sign of him. A friend of John's daughters, Joy, was very active here on the thread for awhile. Soon, a photo of John walking a trail at Land's End was found on an Instagram account of a filmmaker from LA. He had taken the photo at 12:09 p.m the day John disappeared and cooperated with the family. John has never been seen or heard from again. There have been no phone or bank records since he disappeared.

Soon, MSM reported that JB was part of an FTC suit against several companies selling get-rich-quick methods of making money in real estate. He was held responsible for $113 million. He declared chapter 7 bankruptcy and the meeting he missed was near the end of that process. Disappearing at that point left unprotected several assets that would have been protected such as his residence and retirement, so his absence means that his wife will lose everything. So it seems that there was no rational reason to disappear or end his life.

Some believe JB had money stashed offshore and started a new life elsewhere. Others believe he committed suicide. And others, like me, waffle between the two. His family followed every possible lead, but now believe it's likely that he ended his life. It's tragic for them.

There isn't much left to say...at least not that I can think of at the moment. Anyone else?

What does 'marking my spot' mean?

Generally so you know where you have read up to on a thread, think 'bookmark' it subscribes you to the thread when you post if you have it set like that too. Idk why I put marking my spot when it's the first page lol But there you go :)

As usual Lilibet, you said it very well. Now we sit and wait some more.

What about the guy who took that Instagram shot. Wasn't he going to do some kind of indie documentary on John?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he was. I'm too lazy to go looking on thread #1, but there were links and stuff. I don't know if it's come out yet.

I'm not sure if the links are still active, but here is your post from thread #1 (post #901)

Sealeggs posted about it a few pages back. The guy who took the Instagram photo is planning to make a documentary. He is Hollyweird Films.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ameda-9-February-2016&p=12411480#post12411480

The website. http://findingjohnbeck.com

Dark Sleuth found the YouTube Part 1 and posted it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQKb...bniHhWKDJ7zkj7ivpZbRDUjg-j-TGzS5DnLav6ZcTjjTQ

Where's John?

I'm amazed at how many people seem to disappear into thin air. I'm beginning to think alien abduction may actually be more than fiction! I'm truly befuzzled, and on top of that every case I'm following seems to be growing cold if it's not already. Where is John? Where is Deorr? Where are Brandon, Joseph, Diana, Shane, etc...... ? :(

For the family dealing with the possibility that he just left...I wonder if he was dealing with some signs of dementia affecting his choices.

Sent from my SCH-I545

John Beck traveled with a large envelope. It probably held papers he needed for whatever future plans he made. I dont think he took it with him to jump into the San Francisco Bay. I think he socked money away and started a new life someplace else.

You know deedee, I never thought about him having money in that folder. I was under the impression he had all his legal stuff in there and IF he did himself harm, whoever found him would find something in that folder to explain everything. That is a very good thought.

Either way, John has left his family with way more grief than a bankruptcy or loss of money would cause.

John Beck traveled with a large envelope. It probably held papers he needed for whatever future plans he made. I dont think he took it with him to jump into the San Francisco Bay. I think he socked money away and started a new life someplace else.

That's been my thoughts as well. JMO

The only thing that makes me think he didn't leave is his being seen at Land's End during that day. If I had socked away money and was planning an exit, I would probably board a train (they don't require ID to travel maybe?) and be completely out of the area before anyone even knew I was gone. Why hang around and risk being seen if I was planning to run away?

I am assuming LE looked at airport videos to see if he boarded a plane. It could be possible he took off for a foreign country (or USA) and when things die down he will send for the wife......and she knew all along, but I sort of doubt it. BUT! Crazier plots have happened and anything is possible I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back