Resolved CO - Lamar, Human Skull UP15343, w/ artificial flowers, Jun'16 - NamUs removed

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 15343

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15343

no_photo.png

Unidentified Unsure sex and age
* Found June 06, 2016 in Prowers
County, CO
* Estimated Year of Death: to

Estimated postmortem interval: Years

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age:
Age cannot be determined
* Approximate Height: Cannot Estimate
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
Bone only, no soft tissue on the skull.

* Clothing/Jewelry and items:
Artificial flowers and old paper. One small glass bottle of what smells like formaldehyde.

* DNA:
Sample is currently not available
* Dentals: Dental information charting is not available
* Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is currently not available

Case History:
Human remains consisting of bones only.

Need some more info, but there are no missing people listed from Prowers County. Or Baca, Bent, or Kiowa, which are surrounding Prowers. I found some in Otero though.

And this is apparently not the foot found in a winter boot at Eldora Ski Resort in early June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, 201 S Main St, Lamar appears is 'Stockman's Motor Inn' - which may explain the formaldeyde. I wonder whereabouts on the property the remains were found.

Ok so, 201 N Main St is an electrical repair shop, so that again may explain the formaldehyde. Possible suicide?

https://goo.gl/maps/59N6ZUg2k2T2

This is the place, apparently. Street view as of August 2015. The owner is a guy my age, who has been in business at that address for 30+ years and is the vice president of the Lamar Chamber of Commerce. The building dates from around 1900.

Going out on a limb here, I would guess maybe they found a skull (unclear if there are other bones) in a nook or cranny when they did some repairs or renovations. Since it was only found a couple of weeks ago, they probably don't even have a full forensic evaluation yet so we can hope there will be updates.

Flowers? Old paper? Formaldehyde? Sounds like a suicide to me..

Totally off topic:

In trying to find information about suicide by formalin (the liquid form of formaldehyde), I have discovered there's a German band called Formalin, which produced a song called Somewhere Along the Road, which was remixed/covered on an album called Hotel Suicide by Mexican aggrotech band Rabia Sordo. It means nothing but it kind of weirded me out...

404 Error-Page not found. This is what I am getting from the NamUs link. I tried to search for this UID on NamUs and could not find anything.

I couldn't find any confirmation that the case was solved but I did find a couple of rumor-type mentions that it was determined not to be a missing person. I'm thinking maybe a scientific sample of some sort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back