CA-who wrote this doenetwork description?

KatherineQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I feel this compulsion to read through the doenetwork site and wish all the missing found.

I can't believe this description on the network. Who wrote this? This is a 12 year old girl, whoever described her this way to the network needs to be looked at very carefully in her disappearance.

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde curly hair; brown eyes. Hogland-McCluskey has moles on her neck. She has thick ankles, her bust was about a B cup at the time of her disappearance and she is described as a little big in the bottom.

http://www.doenetwork.org
Case File 1247DFCA
Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey

I agree that this is highly disrepectful and unprofessional. Did you write to them and point this out?

Kelly

I can think of many different ways of describing someone with out having to be crude like that!

Kelly - I didn't write the network, and as I reread through the description I'm kind of glad they put that in verbatim and didn't pretty it up.

It's very telling. Hopefully, little clues like this will lead to solving some of the unsolved disappearances on their site. If I were a cop investigating this, I'd first check out the person who described this girl like that.

It's overwhelming, looking through that site, the sheer numbers.

edited to add: I decided to send the doenetwork a note. I'm sure they noticed too how odd it sounds, but one more voice saying that's weird won't hurt.

Deffinitly innaporpriate way to describe a missing 12 year old girl.
I mean unless she had a size x breast size or her backside was 10 feet in width and thus these were incredibly rare identifiable features I can think of no reason why a 12 year old would be described as such!!! good Catch. I am glad you dropped doe network a note. Let us know if you hear back from them

mjak

KatherineQ said:
Kelly - I didn't write the network, and as I reread through the description I'm kind of glad they put that in verbatim and didn't pretty it up.

It's very telling. Hopefully, little clues like this will lead to solving some of the unsolved disappearances on their site. If I were a cop investigating this, I'd first check out the person who described this girl like that.

I would think that the DOE Network themselves writes those up based upon family or LE descriptions. Let us know what they say about it. Thank you.

Kelly

Kelly said:
I would think that the DOE Network themselves writes those up based upon family or LE descriptions.
They do that and they also copy a lot of stuff directly from articles and other websites. For instance, if you look at their casefiles for Billy Gaffney and Ann Marie Burr, most of the info was taken directly from my site. I don't mind as I was given a link at the bottom.

It may sound "crude" but I think it gives one an idea of her body shape. Some people are very thin, some top heavy and some heavy on the bottom. Her family likely described her and I can invision the shape of the girl very well.

I think it was a polite way to say she had some weight on her lower half. Maybe not the politest way but thick ankles mean to me her ankles were thick and and I suppose she is pear shaped.
If you are looking for your kid who cares if they have a heavy lower half. At least people can get an idea in their head of what she looked like. JMO

Becba said:
It may sound "crude" but I think it gives one an idea of her body shape. Some people are very thin, some top heavy and some heavy on the bottom. Her family likely described her and I can invision the shape of the girl very well.

I think it was a polite way to say she had some weight on her lower half. Maybe not the politest way but thick ankles mean to me her ankles were thick and and I suppose she is pear shaped.
If you are looking for your kid who cares if they have a heavy lower half. At least people can get an idea in their head of what she looked like. JMO
For me it isn't about being polite. I just think discribing a missing 12 year old by her breast size is abnormal . If they copied this desciption from somwhere else I agree with Katherine that person should be looked at as to there relationship with this missing child. As listing ones weight and hight gives you a pretty good idea if they are overweight or not.
mjak

mjak said:
If they copied this desciption from somwhere else I agree with Katherine that person should be looked at as to there relationship with this missing child.
They could have got her breast size by looking at the clothes she left behind. The labels of some of my bras have the size in them.

I haven't heard back from the DoeNetwork yet. If anyone went to her posting there, she was removed from her home because of abuse, and taken to an institution. She ran away from the institution somewhere in July or August, no one really noticed or reported her being missing because no one really cared.

It seems likely that this description of her breasts, ankles and bottom could have come from the origional abuser at her home, or could have come from someone at the facility she was incarcerated in. Who knows. God bless her heart, it is so sad to me that she was described in this disparaging sexual way, and that no one noticed for two months she was gone.

Prayers that she has had the last laugh and is living well somewhere.

Suggestion: the Doe Network could alter "a little big in the bottom" to "she has a pear-shaped figure." This conveys the same information in a more tasteful way. I have a child on my own site whose body is described as "hourglass-shaped." (I don't see how a six-year-old boy could be hourglass-shaped, but I put it in anyway.)

I found this thread by searching "Billy Gaffney". I looking at the girl's missing link. It still says what the OP said it did. I wonder why they never changed it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back