GUILTY TX - Fern Thedford, 6 mos, dies in hot car, Melissa, 21 June 2016

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Teacher charged with manslaughter after leaving baby daughter in his hot minivan for four hours - then trying in vain to revive her by putting her in the FRIDGE

Michael Shannon Thedford, 33, charged with manslaughter for leaving his six-month-old daughter in the car for up to four hours in Melissa, Texas

Thedford dropped his two other children at day car and returned home

He had a nap and left the baby for up to four hours locked in the heat

Thedford reportedly tried to put the child the refrigerator to revive her

He then called police, who found the girl unresponsive

Neighbors saw Thedford reenacting what happened with a doll

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vain-revive-putting-FRIDGE.html#ixzz4CNNdJ6U0

Teacher charged with manslaughter after leaving baby daughter in his hot minivan for four hours - then trying in vain to revive her by putting her in the FRIDGE

Michael Shannon Thedford, 33, charged with manslaughter for leaving his six-month-old daughter in the car for up to four hours in Melissa, Texas

Thedford dropped his two other children at day car and returned home

He had a nap and left the baby for up to four hours locked in the heat

Thedford reportedly tried to put the child the refrigerator to revive her

He then called police, who found the girl unresponsive

Neighbors saw Thedford reenacting what happened with a doll

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vain-revive-putting-FRIDGE.html#ixzz4CNNdJ6U0

I don't think I can click on these stories all summer long. :( RIP sweet angel.

Thedford told investigators that he took his older children, a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old, to daycare around 9 a.m., but didn’t drop off 6-month-old Fern because she had a fever.
The 33-year-old drove back to his family’s home in Collier County and went inside to take a nap, leaving the baby in the car, police said. He woke up around 1 p.m. and remembered his daughter was still in the car, he told investigators.
He rushed the tot inside, placed her in the chilly refrigerator and called both 911 and his wife, who was at work at a nearby veterinary clinic, police said. The dad, who identified himself as an unemployed high school teacher, tried CPR before paramedics arrived, he told cops.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-dad-put-baby-fridge-leaving-hot-car-article-1.2684862

Why were the kids in daycare if he was unemployed?
Note my sarcasm - dads don't babysit their children, mom was working and they needed to go to daycare. He went home and took a nap while he left his sick infant, who had a fever, in the car. I guess her temperature wasn't high enough. He deserves to be charged with the baby's death.

Note my sarcasm - dads don't babysit their children, mom was working and they needed to go to daycare. He went home and took a nap while he left his sick infant, who had a fever, in the car. I guess her temperature wasn't high enough. He deserves to be charged with the baby's death.

I totally agree. When my husband would get laid off, the kids were pulled from daycare, and he was a stay at home Dad. And he did a great job! Even did the house work and cooked. There times he was working and I wasn't and the same went for me. Team effort!

Why were the kids in daycare if he was unemployed?
Generally speaking (not about this case specifically) I can think of reasons. There are social benefits to the kids themselves and I know no SAHPs who don't have their kids go for a couple of days a week (not full time) for the kids own benefit. But most likely you would keep them in so you could get another job. Job hunting takes time and effort and you also wouldn't want to relinquish the care place only to have to get it again when you returned to work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

"We love our children. We are heartbroken." Father defends himself after leaving baby in hot car, then putting her in the fridge rather than calling 911.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ends-leaving-baby-hot-car-putting-fridge.html

Just looking at the size of his nares (nostrils), does anyone else suspect questionable substance abuse? This is not meant to offend anyone. First thing I noticed when I looked at his pic, based on having seen hundreds of patients in the ER with similar configuration.

I wondered that too, along with that weird smile (in his second mugshot) which I'd like to slap off his face. Looks like he's not all there.

EU users can't open that site but hopefully someone will keep us updated. All I can say is, I was sympathetic towards him until the 3 or 4 hour nap. That is excessive even for a 3 year old, and he's a grown man. That poor child - I wonder what the mother secretly believes.

Collin County trial revolves around charges against father who left baby daughter in hot car two years ago. Details here: http://tinyurl.com/ycs5jn4o http://KidsAndCars.org has been tracking cases across the country since 1990. Here's what they found:

DiZMf3JUcAADtlQ.jpg

Valerie Wigglesworth‏Verified account @vlwigg 3h3 hours ago
Video airs in court: Collin County investigator Danny Stasik asks Michael Thedford what happened. "I left her in the car," the distraught father said, adding he knew he needed to get baby's temp down so he cleared out bottom of fridge & put her in while calling 911 #thedfordtrial

Valerie Wigglesworth‏Verified account @vlwigg 2h2 hours ago
Collin County investigator Danny Stasik testifies that Melissa father knew his baby daughter was dead when he took her out of the car but placed her in fridge anyway to cool her down. #thedfordtrial

Valerie Wigglesworth‏Verified account @vlwigg 2h2 hours ago
Defense attorney asks whether a reasonable person would try to cool down baby left in hot car. Investigator says Melissa dad tried to cool baby down in fridge because of story he gave to 911 and paramedics that Fern was in bassinet inside house when she died. #thedfordtrial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back