969 users online (139 members and 830 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Michelle O’Keefe Murder Conviction Doubt: Raymond Lee Jennings Released

An Iraq war veteran convicted in the 2000 slaying of college student Michelle O’Keefe was ordered released from state prison Thursday after prosecutors express doubts about his guilt.

"The people no longer have confidence in the conviction," Los Angeles Deputy Dist Atty. Bobby Grace told a judge, who ordered Raymond Lee Jennings released.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William Ryan recommended that Jennings be released immediately from the courthouse but ordered electronic monitoring for Jennings because the case against him has not been dismissed.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

can we trade these prosecuors to the melissa calusinski case?

Oh my goodness. This is local to me and I followed along when it happened. I really surprised by this. Looks like I'll need to go do some reading. Thanks for posting.

Q: What is the new evidence?

A: Prosecutors are not saying. But Jennings’ attorney offered some clues.

Ehrlich said the new investigation uncovered evidence suggesting a robbery or carjacking and that Jennings had nothing to do with it.

“There were other people at the scene, and D.A.’s office was aware of them, but they only looked at Mr. Jennings,” he said.

The letter noted that there were several people in the parking lot at the time of the killing who were smoking pot and listening to music. The letter quoted one of the witnesses as saying she saw a man in Toyota Tercel flee the scene.

He noted in the letter that one of the people in the parking lot that night had ties to street gangs and in the years since was involved in criminal activities