1178 users online (241 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Peg Sinclair, 85, found dismembered, White Post, 18 June 2016

New details are emerging in Virginia and West Virginia surrounding the death of 85-year-old Peg Sinclair, whose dismembered body was found on Tuesday.

Authorities with the Hampshire County, West Virginia Sheriff's Office said in a press release that what they believe to be Sinclair's body was found "in pieces."

The release states that the remains were found near Scotty's Gully road, and it is believed the they were dumped there on June 18- the same day Sinclair was reported missing. According to the press release, "the suspect(s) burned some of the evidence and body parts of the victim near the area where the body was found."

(...)

Sinclair's caretaker, Charlene Hopkins, is charged with her murder.

Much more at the link: http://www.your4state.com/news/virgi...alleged-murder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 11-18-2017 at 07:37 AM.

I'm from this area but don't know these people. I can only "try" to give help on the area.

Quote Originally Posted by BadRx View Post
    I'm from this area but don't know these people. I can only "try" to give help on the area.
    Thanks! I am completely unfamiliar with the area (being on the other side of the U.S.) and I have to admit, it took me much longer than it should have figure out what location to put in the thread title. Am I correct in saying that White Post is in Virginia, but her remains were found across state lines in West Virginia? Between the unincorporated towns, the two different investigating counties, and the different states, I was

Yes, White Post is in VA. And the remains were in WV. I'm not familiar with the area that her remains were found. My niece posted the article and it came up on my Facebook page as "Romney, WV".

I'm not sure why Romney plays a role, unless it was just a post from their news?

the dismemberment cases really disturb me. RIP ma'am
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I'm not sure why Romney plays a role, unless it was just a post from their news?
    I tried to post a map but I can't figure out how?
    Last edited by BadRx; 06-23-2016 at 09:56 PM.

I tried to post a map but I can't figure out how?
    I can try and help you post a map. Do you just want a map of area? Any particular cities you'd like to focus on and make sure are included?

edit to add: or do you want a map of the specific area she was found?

How Awful !!! Why would anyone want to do something like this to an elderly lady??
    JMO

#BRINGMIKEVANZANDTHOME

I would truly appreciate help with posting a map!
    The victim was from White Post, VA. I know this is off 522, near Winchester,VA
    Victim's remains were found "near" Scotty's Gully Road. I can't find this on Google maps?

image.jpg

When I go home, I travel 17 Northto 50 West. This road is off 17, where the Sheetz is. But I can't find the area she was "found"

I would truly appreciate help with posting a map!
    The victim was from White Post, VA. I know this is off 522, near Winchester,VA
    Victim's remains were found "near" Scotty's Gully Road. I can't find this on Google maps?
    I'm almost positive I had found it last night & should have posted the map right then. I had to clear my cookies in order to view an article for another WS case, and now I can't find it again. Give me a bit longer...I'll keep looking

Here it is

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sc...7539da36?hl=en

ETA: Should have included that I realize the name of the road does not match exactly, but I'm pretty sure they are one in the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KayElJay; 06-24-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Sequence of events, w Hopkins' self-reported movements

Per link, http://www.your4state.com/news/virgi...alleged-murder June 23

Caretaker Charlene Hopkins said:
    - June 18, Fri eve., Hopkins took care of Peg Sinclair.
    - Sinclair had diarrhea & soiled her bed sheets & rugs
    - Sinclair cut her finger & blood "dripped on the floor and was slung across the walls."
    - She threw out the sheets & put rugs in her car to take to the cleaners.
    - She left a note about her clean up efforts, inc'g. bleach, for Sinclair's dau.
    - Sat 2:00am, she left Sinclair's home, picked up hitchhiker, drove w her ~ 1 hr. to Capon Bridge, WV just a few miles away from Scotty's Gully, in order to meet a "male friend" (per below)

Warrants:
    - said Hopkins later said male friend, whom she & hitchhiker met w in Capon Bridge, offered to dispose of sheets.
    - focused on Hopkins' 2008 Chevy Trial blazer [sic] & her iPhone.
    - noted Hopkins is last person to have contact w Sinclair.

Sinclair's dau told LE:
    - Fri eve, she got home ~8:30 p.m., found Hopkins still there, w "Sinclair in her bedroom with the door locked." (?)
    - Sat 4:00am, she saw Hopkins' note, phoned Hopkins who explained.
    - Sat 11:00am, on noting Sinclair not in her room, dau reported her missing.

LE found:
    - what's believed to be blood in Hopkins' car, "cleaned meticulously," w large white stain on a seat.
    - in Hopkins' home, shoes wet w bleach-cleaning, a bottle of bleach on counter, floor mats from Hopkins' car drying off, & some of Sinclair's personal documents in kitchen.
    - remains near Scotty's Gully Road, LE believing they were placed there same day reported missing, June 18.

LE media release:
    "the suspect(s) burned some of the evidence and body parts of the victim near the area where the body was found."

Cpt. Donald Lang, of Frederick County Sheriff's Office was quoted briefly at link:
    - Hopkins & Sinclair met a few yrs ago.
    - Hopkins is not a reg. nurse.
    - Initial reports said Sinclair walked away from home and may have had dementia, but LE cannot "officially confirm."
    - No other arrests have been made.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Sad, sad, sad. RIP Ms Sinclair.

At least, LE has already connected a lot of the dots needed to prosecute.

Attorney subpoenas informant records
    Frances Charlene Moss-Hopkins, a Berryville caregiver who allegedly killed and dismembered 85-year-old Peg Sinclair in June, appeared Thursday in Frederick County Circuit Court.

No trial date has been set for the 56-year-old, but Frederick County Commonwealth’s Attorney Ross Spicer and Public Defender Tim Coyne agreed on a March 23 hearing date, when Judge N. Randolph Bryant is expected to rule on several motions filed by Coyne.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast