727 users online (103 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

Chicago police on lookout for suicidal Sinead OConnor 6/23/2016

Chicago police advised to be on lookout for Sinead OConnor

6/23/2016

CHICAGO Chicago police have advised officers to be on the lookout for Irish singer-songwriter Sinead OConnor after receiving a report she threatened to jump from a bridge.

Police spokesman Officer Thomas Sweeney said Thursday there isnt an active police search for OConnor. He said Irish authorities reported OConnor contacted her family, saying she was suicidal.

More at link http://wgntv.com/2016/06/23/chicago-...inead-oconnor/

Omg this is so sad! Please don't do it! Please...

According to the following article, she also went missing in May and last year attempted suicide by overdose. Again - this article is from LAST MAY:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...d-safe-chicago

The singer has opened up about her struggles with suicidal thoughts in the past. In 2007, she told Oprah Winfrey that she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and attempted suicide on her 33rd birthday.

In recent weeks, she became embroiled in controversy after the death of Prince, who wrote her breakthrough hit Nothing Compares 2 U.

The talkshow host Arsenio Hall filed a $5m lawsuit against O’Connor after she posted on Facebook to allege that Hall had given Prince drugs “over the decades”.

She said she had reported Hall to the Carver County sheriff’s office in Minnesota, which is investigating Prince’s death, and that “anyone imagining Prince was not a longtime hard drug user is living in cloudcuckooland”.

O’Connor had been living in Wilmette, on the northern outskirts of Chicago, since February, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.

This is so sad.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...623-story.html

Chicago police dispatchers broadcast what’s known as an “all-call” message about O’Connor for the first time a little after 5 p.m. Officers have been told to be on the lookout for her, but no officers have yet been assigned to search for her.

Thursday’s Chicago Police message said that a Dublin police sergeant had contacted Chicago police about 3:30 p.m. Thursday to say that O’Connor had called Dublin police to say that “I’m on a bridge in Chicago and I’m going to jump.”

There's a message posted 25 minutes ago on the official Sinead O'Connor FB page sounding like she posted it herself saying it's a malicious rumor spread by someone and she's not jumping off a bridge... hope that's true...

I hope it's true, too. I think Sinead O'Connor is a dear, beautiful , gifted woman's. I hope she is ok. I truly love her.
    " I'll put on a show for you if you'll put on a show for me."
    ( Leon Russell's opening words when I saw him at Day On The Green long ago when the world was young.)

"And there are no letters in the mailbox
    And there are no grapes upon the vine
    And there are no chocolates in the boxes anymore
    And there are no diamonds in the mine."
    Leonard Cohen