GA - Tonya Danyial Monroe wanted for grandson's March meth overdose death, Sandy Spgs

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A grandmother is on the run after the death of her 9-month-old grandchild.

Police responded to the home of 45-year-old Tonya Danyial Monroe on March 11 to a report of an unresponsive infant. According to a release, the infant was "obviously deceased" (...)

The investigation revealed that the child died of a methamphetamine overdose.

Monroe is charged with Felony Murder, Possession of Methamphetamine and Cruelty to Children in the 1st degree.

She is on the run. According to authorities, she was last know to drive a silver 2004 Toyota 4-Runner with Georgia tag: RAL9819.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/s...ccused-in-babys-meth-overdose-death/255260094

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 222
How could a 9 month old get into meth stash? They can't walk, right? did she intentionally give it to her gchild?

How could a 9 month old get into meth stash? They can't walk, right? did she intentionally give it to her gchild?

I have seen nothing to confirm this, but the felony murder charge leads me to believe this was completely intentional on grandma's part. If it was an "accidental" death, I'd expect manslaughter, negligent homicide, etc like charges.

I wish she was the one to die from the overdose, not the baby 😠

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Would smoking the meth in the room with the infant be enough to OD him :(

Intentional or depraved indifference - either way it equals murder to me.

Hayden and Taylor Shaw lost their only child, their 9-month-old son, Kobe, in March. Kobe had been born with an undeveloped brain. Doctors said he would die within five years.

The Shaws thought that’s the reason that Kobe suddenly died in the middle of the night.

(...)

Detectives now believe Monroe, for some reason, intentionally forced meth into Kobe to kill him. Motive, unknown.

They also believe it would have been physically and medically impossible for Kobe to have accidently crawled into any meth that Monroe might have left within his reach; Kobe was so limited in his ability to move, he could not crawl, could not touch his hands to his face, could not do anything on his own. He stayed in his crib except when others picked him up to hold him and cuddle him.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/s...cused-in-babys-meth-overdose-death/255260094#

Wow- what a horrible way for that baby to die!!

She was likely stoned and thought maybe he would quit crying, needing attention, whatever was annoying her at the moment if she gave him some of her favorite drug. What a cowardly person.

I was thinking about little Kobe today.

Tonya Danyial Monroe hasn't been arrested yet and is still a fugitive. Somebody knows where she is...

August 2016:

Suspect accused of killing grandson in court

http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/northside_sandy_springs/suspect-accused-of-killing-grandson-in-court/article_bc266e96-632c-11e6-b7b9-5b45120aeb6c.html

The Sandy Springs Police Department Friday announced Tonya Danyial Monroe, 45, the woman charged with killing her 9-month-old grandson with a methamphetamine overdose in March, was in court last week on a preliminary hearing.

The Fulton County District Attorney’s office added one count of malice murder and one count of felony murder. totaling five charges against her. Her indictment will commence within 90 days and she is being held without bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back