1244 users online (292 members and 952 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis ***MISTRIAL declared***#2

Hung jury, mistrial declared in Sidney Moorer trial
    Friday, June 24th 2016

link

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - After several hours of deliberation that began Thursday evening and continued for most of the day on Friday, 12 jurors could not reach a unanimous verdict and a hung jury was declared in the case of Sidney Moorer, who was charged with kidnapping in connection with the December 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis.

In light of this development, there is a mistrial and the case against Moorer will have to be retried with a new jury.

Multiple jurors confirmed on camera that the jury was split: 10 in favor of a guilty verdict to two who argued for a not guilty verdict.

Moorer's attorney Kirk Truslow couldn't speak on when a new trial for Moorer would be held, and that the mistrial Friday would have no impact on the other charges. He told media at the courthouse that a change of venue will be discussed for the new trial.

"In a case like this, you want a resolution, for everybody," Truslow said. "If you have a firmly-held belief, you don't give it up just to get along," he added, speaking about the jury.

Media Thread

Social media thread

***Name calling or name variations is strictly prohibited.***

***No Facebook discussion on this thread please***
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 06-25-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdgirl View Post
    or if they were in any of his pictures. or, if they could find other pictures on hard drives/sd drives/usb drives that had the cameras and/or camera monitor in them.
    Surely SOMEONE who has been to the Moorer home in the last several years has a pic.

Is there still a reward in this case? Or it it just for discovery of Heather's body?

Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    They all said this or just the two??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Here is an interview with juror (I think it's the same juror. Interview I quoted from was live at the time):

http://wbtw.com/2016/06/24/juror-exp...dnapping-case/

Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    Surely SOMEONE who has been to the Moorer home in the last several years has a pic.

Is there still a reward in this case? Or it it just for discovery of Heather's body?
    and
    What about insurance claims - Property and Casualty? They usually have to take some good pictures. Any other pictures taken for insurance coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    Thoughts for today, if you don't mind.

How can the Defense just bring up the names of everyone Heather has dated in the trial as possible suspects? All those people should document their alibis for that time and send to KT and threaten to sue him if he tries that again. He better have more than just their names to toss out.

Juror interview - maybe jurors should be asked in advance if they can convict someone on circumstantial evidence and be disqualified same as death penalty cases. Why even go through the whole trial if they know the evidence is all circumstantial, then the juror gives that as the reason for a Not Guilty?
    Good morning!

Can anyone post Heather's apartment address? Is the Kangaroo on Joe White?

River Oaks Drive Apartments? Not sure of exact street number/apartment, is probably in original police report, if not redacted.

and

What about insurance claims - Property and Casualty? They usually have to take some good pictures. Any other pictures taken for insurance coverage?
    An appraiser would have them too, if they have recently refinanced.
    RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

River Oaks Drive Apartments? Not sure of exact street number/apartment, is probably in original police report, if not redacted.
    And the investigator/officer that took pics of the apartment said the exact info when she was on the stand, i think - will see if i can find it.

And the investigator/officer that took pics of the apartment said the exact info when she was on the stand, i think - will see if i can find it.
    All she said was victims apartment on River Oaks Drive... I'm sure that someone else on here knows that info though...

Originally Posted by stillwatersc

Thoughts for today, if you don't mind.

How can the Defense just bring up the names of everyone Heather has dated in the trial as possible suspects? All those people should document their alibis for that time and send to KT and threaten to sue him if he tries that again. He better have more than just their names to toss out.

Juror interview - maybe jurors should be asked in advance if they can convict someone on circumstantial evidence and be disqualified same as death penalty cases. Why even go through the whole trial if they know the evidence is all circumstantial, then the juror gives that as the reason for a Not Guilty?
    Did Truslow ever use the word suspect ? I believe he got the information about the dates/guys from Bri's witness statement. It was up to the Jury to determine how much weight to give this information. A lawsuit against a defense attorney for bringing forth information that might be in favor of his client, would not be successful. IMO

Kangeroo address is 1929 10th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC. 10th Ave North is Joe White Ave - they are one and the same.

I hope police are investigating amber berbiglia relationship with the moores'..... Amber was working as a
    waitress maybe tammy was jealous of her. <modsnip>
    Last edited by sillybilly; 06-25-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: off-limits

Okay I am coming into this very late so forgive me if this has been discussed/isn't the right place but why the effff did these two have bail and why are they free right now with freedom to do whatever they want including post on Facebook??????

Quote Originally Posted by Bearkoda View Post
    Okay I am coming into this very late so forgive me if this has been discussed/isn't the right place but why the effff did these two have bail and why are they free right now with freedom to do whatever they want including post on Facebook??????
    Because the judge went to high school with SM's father?

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast