805 users online (181 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MD - Thomas Vinh Luu, 35, Gaithersburg, 25 June 2016

MISSING: 35-year-old man from Gaithersburg

Police need your help a missing 35-year-old man from Gaithersburg..
    http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/mary...burg/255864348
    Last edited by los2188; 06-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

On tapatalk the image for this story is coming up as a blonde young woman. I know weird caching can cause that but I can't see why it's happening in this case given the thread is new and I can't see a picture of this woman in this man's story online.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

UPDATE June 25 2:50 p.m.: Detectives believe that Luu may currently be in Salt Lake City, Utah. Anyone who can confirm or disprove this information is asked to call 301-279-8000.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/category/missing-person/

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    On tapatalk the image for this story is coming up as a blonde young woman. I know weird caching can cause that but I can't see why it's happening in this case given the thread is new and I can't see a picture of this woman in this man's story online.

I'm seeing it too. It can happen if someone posted the image in error (then deleted it), for example. Tapatalk's "feed" posts the last image posted to any particular thread.

Websleuths Admin does not "control" this, per se. The easiest way to fix it is to post another image related to the case, and yes, it's cached (and I'm pretty sure it's queried by Tapatalk). I've seen images that have been modsnipped, but they come up in that feed.

HTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Police ask for public's help in locating missing 35-year-old man without needed medication | WJLA

[...]
    Police say Luu "has been diagnosed with a medical condition for which he was prescribed medication that he does not have with him."

[...]

Luu may now be in Salt Lake City, Utah, detectives believe. Police also believe Luu "may have been in the area of Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling military base located at 20 MacDill Blvd., Washington, D.C. [Saturday] morning."

[...]

http://wjla.com/news/local/police-as...ded-medication

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    I'm seeing it too. It can happen if someone posted the image in error (then deleted it), for example. Tapatalk's "feed" posts the last image posted to any particular thread.

Websleuths Admin does not "control" this, per se. The easiest way to fix it is to post another image related to the case, and yes, it's cached (and I'm pretty sure it's queried by Tapatalk). I've seen images that have been modsnipped, but they come up in that feed.

HTH!

Oh cool. So just post a relevant pic to force tapatalk to update next time. Gotcha!

Located safe!
    Update July 11 7:30 p.m.: Detectives located Thomas Luu safe and unharmed in Houston and he has returned home.
    http://www.mymcpnews.com/2016/06/25/...-gaithersburg/