GUILTY Va - Stafford Co., Hispfem Up6661, 30-45, On Median Of I-95, Feb'91 Marta Haydee Rodriguez

astridxx

Reaction score
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-365009561.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Virginia officials are asking the public to help them identify skeletal remains.

Chief Medical Examiner William Gormley on Tuesday unveiled facial models of eight people who were found dead in central Virginia and have never been identified.

Gormley says three of the sets of remains were found at separate locations and times in Stafford County. Two of the individuals were discovered in Caroline County and one was found in Henrico County. The remaining two were located in James City County and York County.

The facial approximations are of five men and three women. Their remains were discovered between 1972 and 2014.

Gormley is encouraging anyone who may be able to identify the individuals to contact his office.​

View attachment 87162

Attachments

• va+cold+cases.jpg
    va+cold+cases.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 32
http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/medexam/missingperson.htm

C1991-16641, NamUs #6661: Stafford County – On February 3, 1991, the remains of a possibly mixed ancestry (black and white) Hispanic female were found along the medium strip of Interstate 95 in Stafford County. She is believed to have been 25-35 years of age.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/townn...cle_6c74fc9b-ec5c-542f-b15c-5923914563d5.html

Civil War relic hunters discovered her skull in the I–95 median on Feb. 3, 1991, about a mile north of Courthouse Road in North Stafford.

Rose said there was at least one year’s worth of vegetative growth through the bones.

Police have pinpointed her likely time of death as between 1989 and 1991. Not much clothing was found with her, only part of a bra. A yellow digital watch and interlocking rings were found with her remains.

DNA was extracted to run against missing person cases in NAMUS.

So far she has been excluded from 806 missing person cases, Rose said.

STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WJLA) —

Authorities say human remains found almost 30 years ago in Stafford County have been identified as a missing Arlington woman from a 1989 cold case.

On Wednesday, officials identified the remains of Marta Haydee Rodriguez. She was 28 years old at the time she went missing.

Police found Rodriguez's remains on Feb. 3, 1991 in a median along interstate 95 at the 141 mile marker in Stafford County.

According to investigators, recent testing was done to identify Rodriguez due to new information from a separate investigation involving her husband, Jose Rodriguez-Cruz.

Arlington County Police and Virginia State Police continue to investigate Rodriguez's disappearance and death.
Read more: Stafford Co. human remains identified as missing Arlington woman in 1989 cold case

64X7LIDPK4I6RNGY5L3Y2TCUJQ.jpg

Virginia authorities confirmed Wednesday that newly identified skeletal remains are those of an Arlington woman missing since 1989, whose ex-husband pleaded guilty to killing his onetime girlfriend in the District 20 years later.

Marta Haydee Rodriguez, a 28-year-old nurse’s aide, disappeared after work. She was last seen walking to a bus stop.

“Charges are pending at this time” in Rodriguez’s case, Virginia State Police said in a statement, and the investigation is ongoing.

Remains found in 1991 identified as those of missing Arlington woman

A man who is serving a 12-year prison sentence for killing a former girlfriend and dumping her body in Stafford County has now been charged with doing the same thing to his former wife about 30 years ago.

Jose Angel Rodriguez–Cruz, 54, was indicted this month by a Stafford grand jury on charges of first-degree murder and concealment of a dead body. The charges stem from the 1989 disappearance of Marta Haydee Rodriguez.
Man charged in Stafford for 30-year-old slaying of an Arlington County woman

A man imprisoned for killing a former girlfriend in Washington a decade ago has pleaded guilty to slaying his estranged wife who disappeared from her Virginia home in 1989.

Prosecutors said at a news conference Monday that Jose Angel Rodriguez-Cruz entered his plea to second-degree murder in Stafford Circuit Court in Stafford, Virginia.

Evidence and other information from that case eventually helped authorities solve Rodriguez's case.

Rodriguez–Cruz could face 40 years in prison at a February sentencing.
Man in prison for murder charged in 1989 Virginia cold case killing | 13newsnow.com

I think for the record this case is important, not only for the justice in this instance, but because one of the ways he escaped earlier detection for the crime was that his second wife's sister assumed the identity of his murdered previous wife. It's highly unlikely that she would have done it to aid the perp, but it was clever of him to cover his tracks this way. I am not saying that this is the case, but imagine that the second wife is obtaining US citizenship by virtue of marrying Rodriguez-Cruz. She has a sister who is presently ineligible, but who wishes to remain in the US. Rodriguez-Cruz sets her up with a SS number and other presumptive proof of identity. It serves her purposes, and his, and once she's assumed that identity, it prevents her from coming forward if she begins to suspect something more is at work here. And it prevents her sister who is married to the guy coming forward, too. I wonder how prevalent this gambit is.

One of the hardest jobs in law enforcement is to notify surviving family members when the remains of their loved ones are found. In this case, Marta Rodriguez’s son, Hansel, and the rest of her family had to wait three decades—despite the fact that she reportedly told police her husband had assaulted her shortly before she disappeared. The theft of her identity was an additional crime that was certainly not victimless.

Butler’s brother, Derrick Butler, spent the last 12 years pushing for any and all information about his sister’s disappearance. “I definitely feel like I’ve done all I can do and that I know my sister would be happy, and I’m sure Marta would be happy to know someone is standing up and fighting for her,” he said at the press conference.
EDITORIAL: A real life murder mystery unfolds

Marta Rodriguez went missing from Arlington in 1989, when her son, Hansel Rodriguez, was just four years old. Jose Rodriguez-Cruz lied to his son about what happened to his mother.

The couple's son tells News4 that as he grew older, he lived in fear, believing that his father lied and that he was in fact the killer.

"It almost felt like I was able to breathe for the first time in many years,” said Hansel, now 36.
Before he was sentenced, Rodriguez-Cruz spoke to the court, turning to address his son. He asked for forgiveness but never admitted to committing the murder.
‘I Was Able to Breathe': Virginia Cold Case Closed After 32 Years

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288