TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Everyone, please read the rules as set by Tricia:

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Missy's husband's Facebook page is now private therefore it is off limits. All Facebook pages that are now private are off limits

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos (No Minors) as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced.

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

Do we know if the helmet SP is wearing is a motorcycle helmet, if so I would say he rode a motorcycle there or ATV, really no other reason to wear it, face was already covered and it would be bulky and restricting, maybe even a scooter as they are much quieter.

Just re-watched the MPD video that runs 2:27.
https://youtu.be/ePS8TJ6UAqY

1) I noticed at :30 and again at 1:07 that the SP is wearing a white shirt-one with shirt tails it appears.

2) it appears to me that either the perp takes the hammer out of the room that gets opened just before :30 OR that's when the shirt gets pulled out by the SP taking the hammer out of a pocket.

3) in the last moments of the video we see the SP breaking a window to enter a room. There is a door open further down the hallway but I can't tell what hallway this is. Can anybody help with that?

imagejpeg

I'm a few threads behind in catching up but wanted to throw out a few things to ponder.

If the campers didn't find MB or didn't realize what tey were seeing was her (not sure which is fact), that does indicate the doors may have still been in the locked position with campers looking in and seeing her. IMO it sounds and looks as if campers see MBs truck but MB never arrives at 5 and is nowhere to be found so they head inside to look for her, doors are locked so they look in and see "something" until one of them realize it's MB. How freightening.

If this were the case (MOO not fact), that indicates MB went to main front entrance, down SW hallway to unlock the SW corner entrance (heading direction SP was), and likely hit or shot and ambushed BEFORE being able to unlock those doors. I feel she was literally found "in the corner" there just inside the doors, the corner behind both camera views and before that outside cameras view.

But can't understand where SP snuck out to avoiding cameras unless there is a purpose in LEs statement of not being seen again or the camera pointing to the awning SW entrance where MBs truck likely was was not working.

That is a typical setup in commercial property with multiple doors to only have main entrance keys (my experience with commercial cleaning of about 10 yrs).

Do we know if the helmet SP is wearing is a motorcycle helmet, if so I would say he rode a motorcycle there or ATV, really no other reason to wear it, face was already covered and it would be bulky and restricting, maybe even a scooter as they are much quieter.
I think CHUCKJ posted very useful information on the last thread 29, page 60:
CHUCKJ said:
Yesterday, 03:36 PM #893 I agree. It is highly unlikley that this was a burglary. By the time the victim had arrived, the burglar would have at least had a few things of value stacked up. If looking for collection, he/she spent entirely too much time in all the places that would make no sense to keep the money. Last but not least, because MB could not have identified him/her anyways, it would make absolutly no sense to kill her. If perp was not worried about being seen on camera, then why would they worry about being seen in person? At most if MB supprised the per, maybe push her down and run off. I have heard mention here neumerous time that this also may have been a motorcycle helment. I have been ridiing my entire life, and there are many styles of helment, but full helments are not fluted at the bottom. Its not condusive to riding and the wind would catch any open space between the face and the hood. In every part of the video where the perp turns, I can see that the helment is wider at the bottom, like a tactical or combat style helment. I also don't think, somone whent out and purchase this gear for the prupose of this act. Whoever they are, had access to it.
I think this enlargement below is MrsPC's work which shows the open space and fluting that CHUCKJ is talking about. Also, and this has been discussed once before, the helmet back exposes what looks like the masculine haircut line of SwatPerp's dark hair on the back of his head. That area of exposure plus the helmet rubbing should have led to some normal hairs loss, but it is difficult to get that type of DNA in a public space except directly from/around the body.

Attachments

• PERP.hair.1.png
    PERP.hair.1.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 156
  • PERP.hair.2.png
    PERP.hair.2.png
    19 KB · Views: 1,189
Last night, arkansasmimi posted this still shot from the 2:26 MPD video fromat mark 1:48. The DD doors down the hallway are open and I believe this is the point where SP begins walking toward this camera veering to the right to the auditorium doors - all eyes focused on SP. I never noticed that at the lower right, it looks like one of the porte cochere interior doors is propped open. This may already have been discussed at length.

Attachments

• CHURCH porte cochere open DD open 1.48vid.JPG
    CHURCH porte cochere open DD open 1.48vid.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 216
Last night, arkansasmimi posted this still shot from the 2:26 MPD video fromat mark 1:48. The DD doors down the hallway are open and I believe this is the point where SP begins walking toward this camera veering to the right to the auditorium doors - all eyes focused on SP. I never noticed that at the lower right, it looks like one of the porte cochere interior doors is propped open. This may already have been discussed at length.
Through the doors that are propped open is.... imo where
Missy was attacked. It is my feeling SP then escaped out of the SW doors (where her truck was parked) which is why he/she is never seen on video again

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Dang! You're right! Can anybody tell what those shiney objects are between the doors? Handles?

I'm a few threads behind in catching up but wanted to throw out a few things to ponder.

If the campers didn't find MB or didn't realize what tey were seeing was her (not sure which is fact), that does indicate the doors may have still been in the locked position with campers looking in and seeing her. IMO it sounds and looks as if campers see MBs truck but MB never arrives at 5 and is nowhere to be found so they head inside to look for her, doors are locked so they look in and see "something" until one of them realize it's MB. How freightening.

If this were the case (MOO not fact), that indicates MB went to main front entrance, down SW hallway to unlock the SW corner entrance (heading direction SP was), and likely hit or shot and ambushed BEFORE being able to unlock those doors. I feel she was literally found "in the corner" there just inside the doors, the corner behind both camera views and before that outside cameras view.

But can't understand where SP snuck out to avoiding cameras unless there is a purpose in LEs statement of not being seen again or the camera pointing to the awning SW entrance where MBs truck likely was was not working.

That is a typical setup in commercial property with multiple doors to only have main entrance keys (my experience with commercial cleaning of about 10 yrs).
What I am curious about is how did SP know to lie in wait for MB in the SW corner? In ther words, how did SP know in advance she would be heading that way especially if class was normally held outside. Because of the rain it was going to be held inside that day, is that correct?. Perhaps the main front doors remained unlocked after Missy opened them and that is how the first arrivals entered the building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There's some speculation that LE saw perps car.

BBM . . .Police said they saw no interaction between Bevers and the suspect on camera. They say they may have captured the suspect's car on video but they do not have enough information to reveal any more details to the public.

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-coach.html

Aside from that with the rain, it would have been very unsafe to be on a motorcycle.

Here is a plan of the church hallways. I have placed the hallway seen in the very end of the video to the East side of the building. IMO that's the only side that fits the lack of windows/ doors across the sanctuary, where you see the perp exiting door number 12. Corrections and additions welcome, as always.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB Cchurch walkways.jpg
    MB Cchurch walkways.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,578
This question is for arkansasmimi

In your (awesome !) floorplan I see a double door on the SE corner of the church. Is this confirmed or did you change it since this version ( May 5)?

attachment.php

I am asking, since this would be the location the perp is hammering glass (?) as seen in the video. Would he have hammered that double door??

Thank you,
Nin

Attachments

• MB arkansasmimi floorplan.jpg
    MB arkansasmimi floorplan.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,450
Through the doors that are propped open is.... imo where
Missy was attacked. It is my feeling SP then escaped out of the SW doors (where her truck was parked) which is why he/she is never seen on video again

Thanks, Razz (and many other posters). I think I have my head wrapped around that theory now. I can also understand why there are unlinked reports that the campers, once they got up under the awning, could see MB through the glass in that vestibule area. So SP prepped the vestibule by propping open the interior door(s), then SP was lying in wait in the vestibule while MB went around to the main west side high overhang doors, SP knowing MB would enter and then would come down the main hallway to those vestibule doors to exit back to her truck. This theory reinforces targeted for murder and not a burglary because SP could have just pushed those doors and exited himself instead of lying in wait. This contradicts the LE supposition that the SP exited the way they had entered (NE), or contradicts that SP was never seen on camera again (would have gone down some hallway with a camera). I wonder if the dogs were able to track SP's path (LE had no comment on whether the dogs gave any repsonses iirc).

Can anyone see in the upper glass of the propped open interior vestibule door (at mark 1:48) - what is that, a reflection?

Dang! You're right! Can anybody tell what those shiney objects are between the doors? Handles?

One shiny object is part of the door push, the two further left appear to be a wheelchair wheel. Often churches will offer wheelchairs at their entrances to assist elderly and disabled folks.

Here is a plan of the church hallways. I have placed the hallway seen in the very end of the video to the East side of the building. IMO that's the only side that fits the lack of windows/ doors across the sanctuary, where you see the perp exiting door number 12. Corrections and additions welcome, as always.

attachment.php
Great job nin!

attachment.php

Very nice job. Quick question: Is it possible to give us an approximate location of this camera and/or scene? Thanks in advance!

attachment.php

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 721
What I am curious about is how did SP know to lie in wait for MB in the SW corner? In ther words, how did SP know in advance she would be heading that way especially if class was normally held outside. Because of the rain it was going to be held inside that day, is that correct?. Perhaps the main front doors remained unlocked after Missy opened them and that is how the first arrivals entered the building.

Because, SP is familiar with Missy's routine. She had been at Creekside doing the 5:00 am for 3 years?! (during that time there had to be a number of rain days.) SP knew exactly where MB would enter and knew where to attack her without cameras. It also appears to be dark in the vestibule. Another plus.

attachment.php
Thanks NIN! :goodpost:

Thanks, Razz (and many other posters). I think I have my head wrapped around that theory now. I can also understand why there are unlinked reports that the campers, once they got up under the awning, could see MB through the glass in that vestibule area. So SP prepped the vestibule by propping open the interior door(s), then SP was lying in wait in the vestibule while MB went around to the main west side high overhang doors, SP knowing MB would enter and then would come down the main hallway to those vestibule doors to exit back to her truck. This theory reinforces targeted for murder and not a burglary because SP could have just pushed those doors and exited himself instead of lying in wait. This contradicts the LE supposition that the SP exited the way they had entered (NE), or contradicts that SP was never seen on camera again (would have gone down some hallway with a camera). I wonder if the dogs were able to track SP's path (LE had no comment on whether the dogs gave any repsonses iirc).

Can anyone see in the upper glass of the propped open interior vestibule door (at mark 1:48) - what is that, a reflection?

Here is another picture of those doors:

attachment.php

Source:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/tarr...g-in-search-for-missy-bevers-killer/188445681

Attachments

• MB case doors.jpg
    MB case doors.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 519
Because, SP is familiar with Missy's routine. She had been at Creekside doing the 5:00 am for 3 years?! (during that time there had to be a number of rain days.) SP knew exactly where MB would enter and knew where to attack her without cameras. It also appears to be dark in the vestibule. Another plus.

So definetly looks targeted but not so much as a hired hit by a stranger. Stranger would not feel comfortable committing this kind of crime in unfamiliar surroundings. : profiling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members