CA - Mass casualty incident, 5+ stabbed at Neo-Nazi rally, Sacramento, 26 June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Officials said Sunday afternoon they are responding to a "mass casualty incident" at the state capital in California where a long-planned rally of numerous West Coast white supremacist groups.

The Sacramento Fire Department tweeted that at least 5 patients have been transported to the hospital with stab wounds so far.

(...)

Witness video captured the brawl in an Anaheim park about 3 miles from Disneyland. Several protesters could be seen kicking a KKK member. One Klansman with an American flag used the pole's tip to stab a man.

Officers on scene said they witnessed a Klan member stab a protester with a knife. They found a third counter-protester in a car also stabbed.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-casualty-stabbings-nazi-rally-sacramento-california/

Officials said Sunday afternoon they are responding to a "mass casualty incident" at the state capital in California where a long-planned rally of numerous West Coast white supremacist groups.

The Sacramento Fire Department tweeted that at least 5 patients have been transported to the hospital with stab wounds so far.

(...)

Witness video captured the brawl in an Anaheim park about 3 miles from Disneyland. Several protesters could be seen kicking a KKK member. One Klansman with an American flag used the pole's tip to stab a man.
=======================================================

What? This is very confusing. Sacramento is nowhere near Anaheim or Disney land.

(...)

=======================================================

What? This is very confusing. Sacramento is nowhere near Anaheim or Disney land.

That confused me too. Had to read the article. The Anaheim incident happened months ago.
I'll bet the reason they timed this for today is that today is the huge Gay Pride parade in San Francisco.

WARNING: Disturbing video

Protests taking place at Capitol turn violent

ABC 10's Frances Wang grabbed video of protestors and counter protestors fighting just before noon on the Capitol lawn.

The Traditionalist Working Party — which supposedly has ties to white supremacy groups — held a permitted rally at the Capitol Sunday afternoon. The group was met by counter protestors. According to the Sacramento Police Department, multiple people were injured and an five people were stabbed and required medical attention.

Why is it in modern day California that the police and some cities cannot manage protesters or keep varying groups in their own permitted protest spaces? I don't like that Neo-Nazi groups have a say, but this is America and they have a right to legally rally or protest in a place at a time designated by the local municipality. Do the police leaders not understand that trouble may occur? Do they tell the officers not to interfere until they see blood? If they cannot handle the potential consequences, they should not be handing out permits.

It's not only CA that have this issue.

Why is it in modern day California that the police and some cities cannot manage protesters or keep varying groups in their own permitted protest spaces? I don't like that Neo-Nazi groups have a say, but this is America and they have a right to legally rally or protest in a place at a time designated by the local municipality. Do the police leaders not understand that trouble may occur? Do they tell the officers not to interfere until they see blood? If they cannot handle the potential consequences, they should not be handing out permits.

It appears the rally was peaceful until the left wing radicals showed up. And no I don't agree with neo nazi principles but they did have a permit to hold a rally.

JMO

It appears the rally was peaceful until the left wing radicals showed up. And no I don't agree with neo nazi principles but they did have a permit to hold a rally.

JMO

The one fairly lengthy video I watched (on the scene reporter) was far less clear. Difficult to tell who the protesters were (possibly multiple groups--not certain who they were), as well as who initiated what precisely. Even being able to assess who was on what "side." The one fairly disturbing video shows people swinging flags as weapons and using them to beat people. Offhand, I think the flag people were with the nazis.

I would object, however, to characterizing the counter-protesters as "left-wing radicals" for multiple reasons. One is simply that it is so unclear exactly who/what groups were involved (except for the rally organizers--who we know from permits, etc). But the other is that I would hardly suggest that opposition to Nazi thought, or white nationalism, are hardly "radical" or "liberal" ideas. Maybe I'm too old, but growing up in the post WWII generation, we all kinda saw those things (opposition to Nazis and white nationalism) as mainstream American ideals.

Art Roderick, a CNN law enforcement analyst, said it's common for opposing groups to hold simultaneous protests, but law enforcement usually keeps them separate. It appears the counter-protesters simply overwhelmed the TWP, he said.

"They (the counter-protesters) were there for one reason and that was to use violence to break the other group up," Roderick said. "It looks like anywhere from 100 to 200 of them showed up against 30 of the other."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/brawl-at-california-rally/

The Sacramento Police Department said a large fight broke out after people carrying sticks rushed into the area where the rally was being held.

http://abc7.com/news/multiple-people-stabbed-outside-state-capitol-building/1402377/

Robert Bautista, 65, said he saw a handful of white supremacists and skinheads arrive two or three at a time only to be immediately mobbed and chased away by the counter-protesters, who hurled water bottles and the wooden stakes that bore their signs.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-neo-nazi-stabbed-20160626-snap-htmlstory.html

The massive brawl between the two groups broke out after people armed with sticks rushed the rally organized by the Traditionalist Worker Party.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sacramento-stabbed-neo-nazi-demonstration-article-1.2688845

Gee.... guess which group was attempting to hold a peaceful rally, and which group instigated the violence?

The one fairly lengthy video I watched (on the scene reporter) was far less clear. Difficult to tell who the protesters were (possibly multiple groups--not certain who they were), as well as who initiated what precisely. Even being able to assess who was on what "side." The one fairly disturbing video shows people swinging flags as weapons and using them to beat people. Offhand, I think the flag people were with the nazis.

I would object, however, to characterizing the counter-protesters as "left-wing radicals" for multiple reasons. One is simply that it is so unclear exactly who/what groups were involved (except for the rally organizers--who we know from permits, etc). But the other is that I would hardly suggest that opposition to Nazi thought, or white nationalism, are hardly "radical" or "liberal" ideas. Maybe I'm too old, but growing up in the post WWII generation, we all kinda saw those things (opposition to Nazis and white nationalism) as mainstream American ideals.

So, are we to conclude that physically attacking people you don't agree with is part of left-wing mainstream thought?

More from the Daily News article:

Videos on social media showed the counter-protesters chasing off neo-Nazis, hurling rocks at the hate group, and cracking windows at the Capitol Building.

A similar outbreak of violence plagued a KKK rally in the Golden State in February where counter-protesters mauled klansmen at an Anaheim park. Several anti-fascist demonstrators were arrested and charged in suspicion of punching, stomping and stabbing members of the KKK group at Pearson Park.

Those counter protestors simply squelched the 1st amendment rights on multiple levels. It's being reported that if you were part of the initial permitted group, part of the media, or even just a passerby taking photos you would be attacked and shut up.

Those people are dangerous and need to be stopped. By any means necessary.

Those counter protestors simply squelched the 1st amendment rights on multiple levels. It's being reported that if you were part of the initial permitted group, part of the media, or even just a passerby taking photos you would be attacked and shut up.

Those people are dangerous and need to be stopped. By any means necessary.

The irony and the willfull blindness is impressive. The people who consider themselves "anti-fascist" are all-too-happy to use violence to shut down the free speech rights of those they disagree with.

I do not know who these protesters against the neo Nazi's were. All of my life the question had been put forward as to what one would have done if one lived in Nazi Germany. Would one have fought back, helped and hidden the Jews as so many heroes did, or what exactly would a person have done.

The statement always was, " Never forget or history will repeat itself."

Wow, there's more and more.

From the SacBee:
The first sign of violence came just before 11 a.m., when KCRA reporter Mike Luery and his cameraman were caught in an altercation with anti-fascist protesters shouting “no cameras” and demanding they leave.

“We’re not causing the problem; your belligerent people are causing the problem,” Luery told the crowd before someone knocked his mike from his hand and others tried to grab the camera.

Damion Osborne, a Sacramento community activist who came out to join the anti-Nazi protesters Sunday, said more trouble erupted about 11:20 a.m. when a neo-Nazi with a stick, a sign and shirt with a swastika and the words “White Power” approached the crowd.

“He dodged a bottle and then a rock, then someone broke a rock over his back,” said Osborne, 26. “The organizer said, ‘Stop, let him speak.’

“Then some folks came up to take his sign away and he wouldn’t let go, so a girl from the anti-racist side punched him.

Somers (Sacramento police chief) said there have been other skinhead rallies at the Capitol, but “this time the anarchists have taken a much more aggressive stance to wreak havoc on the city.”

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article86099332.html

This is disgusting. This is un-American. This is NOT who we are.

Whatever happened to "I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"?

Now, on the left, it's "I disagree with you so I'll use violence to shut you down."

The solution is not to refuse to hand out permits- since that would violate the first amendment expressly limit free speech.

Agreed that what's legal is to keep the counter-demonstrators separate. Here's the ACLU fact sheet on permitted protests:

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_pdf_file/kyr_protests.pdf

"Do counter-demonstrators have free speech rights?
Yes. Although counter-demonstrators should not be allowed to physically disrupt the event they are protesting, they do have the right to be present and to voice
their displeasure. Police are permitted to keep two antagonistic groups separated but should allow them to be within the general vicinity of one another."

I do not know who these protesters against the neo Nazi's were. All of my life the question had been put forward as to what one would have done if one lived in Nazi Germany. Would one have fought back, helped and hidden the Jews as so many heroes did, or what exactly would a person have done.

The statement always was, " Never forget or history will repeat itself."

It's clear to me who the violent aggressors were and it wasn't the neo nazis.

JMO

It's clear to me who the violent aggressors were and it wasn't the neo nazis.

JMO

The #antifa group — which organized the "counter-protest," aka mob attack — is a violent, fascist hate group.

Shockingly -- or perhaps not so shockingly -- there were no arrests.

Curiously-one of the groups protesting the rally is called BAMN-by any means necessary.http://www.bamn.com/
While i do not agree with the views of the people having the properly permitted rally-there is no excuse for violence as was done by this group.They had fliers posted ahead of the rally to encourage people to stop the rally by force. We should be aware that there are groups out there proclaiming no hate that are actively being violent .How ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82