752 users online (106 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - James Smith, 35, Portland, 22 June 2016

Police search for missing 35-year-old Portland man

James Earl Smithís wife reported him missing when he didnít return from dinner, police said. He has missed days of work, which is reportedly out of character for him.
    His car was found Sunday near Promontory Park outside Estacada.
    http://koin.com/2016/06/26/police-se...-portland-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I'm not sure why we aren't hearing mor information about this case? Cell phone? Bank use? Family or friends thoughts?

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Massive search underway for missing Portland man in Estacada

James Earl Smith, 35, was expected to return from dinner last Wednesday night but never came home. His wife said he has missed several days of work, which is unlike him.
    http://kval.com/news/local/massive-s...mes-earl-smith
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

at the KVAL link - he did stop at a convenient store (6/22 in am) and used CC. Car was out of gas (which to me seems odd since it is about 35 miles away). So they have found the car on Sunday (6/26) and have been searching that area for 2 days.

IMO I'll hold my tongue but really hope he is found safe.

No new info that I could find. The Clackamas County Sheriff's FB page hasn't responded to comments asking for updates. There was one interesting comment there from somebody (M.D.) who claimed to be a former coworker of James--it's under the posting showing aerial footage of the area where his car was found.

The search for a missing Portland man has been suspended after a lengthy rescue operation outside Estacada.

(...)

After talking with Search & Rescue experts and medical professionals, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said it will be suspending the search for Smith until they get any new or credible information on where he might be.
    http://katu.com/news/local/search-su...g-portland-man