1097 users online (218 members and 879 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO Mini Van with family of 6 Failed to Yield for Train - 5 dead

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/amt...ado/index.html

"(CNN)Five people were killed when a train crashed into a van in Colorado on Sunday, authorities said.

The van's right side was hit after it failed to yield the right of way to the train, Colorado State Patrol said in a news release.
    The driver and four passengers were killed. One occupant was airlifted to Denver Hospital with injuries police described as serious."

So sad. Only a 4 year old survived.
    Last edited by RT51; 06-27-2016 at 05:40 AM.
    Vermont born and raised!

Quote Originally Posted by RT51 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/amt...ado/index.html

"(CNN)Five people were killed when a train crashed into a van in Colorado on Sunday, authorities said.

The van's right side was hit after it failed to yield the right of way to the train, Colorado State Patrol said in a news release.
    The driver and four passengers were killed. One occupant was airlifted to Denver Hospital with injuries police described as serious."

So sad. Only a 4 year old survived.
    Omw rayers: and that poor child.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Carpe Diem. ..... And so, the Lion fell in love with the Lamb....

I was just reading about this awful event. I feel terrible for the little one left behind....her whole world has been turned upside down. What a horrific thing to deal with, especially at such a young age. Fox News just reported they were on their way to church.

That was my immediate thought: Your whole life can change in an instant.
    RIP to the family, prayers for the little one.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Funeral services for 5 killed in Amtrak van crash

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...rash_78982979_

"The crossing is marked only with signs, but a proposal to add flashing lights and gates has been in the works since late 2013, according to a plan first reported by The Denver Post."

It looks like there may have not been a gate or lights at this crossing? Easy to forget to stop and look, and these trains are extremely fast.

deleted - wrong thread
    Last edited by angelainwi; 07-03-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by angelainwi View Post
    Why was the boy left uninjured? Was this an act against the father of the other children?
    Hey angel.....I think you intended this post for the thread on the Memphis mother who murdered her four kids?

Quote Originally Posted by angelainwi View Post
    "The crossing is marked only with signs, but a proposal to add flashing lights and gates has been in the works since late 2013, according to a plan first reported by The Denver Post."

It looks like there may have not been a gate or lights at this crossing? Easy to forget to stop and look, and these trains are extremely fast.
    Yeah, it could easily happen as the kids could have been making noise or causing a distraction, but dang - almost a whole family wiped out in such a horrific way.