Police K-9 dies after being left in patrol car for hours

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/06/12/police-k-9-dies-after-being-left-in-patrol-car-for-hours/

CANTON, Ga. (AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a police K-9 has died after being left in a patrol car for several hours.

Local news media report that Cherokee County officials were called to the home of school police Lt. Daniel Peabody on Friday.

Chief Ron Hunton says Peabody arrived home about 4:15 p.m. and left the Belgian Malinois named Inka in the back of the car with the engine turned off to deal with another dog inside his home. The officer apparently forgot about the dog until 7 p.m. He went back to the car and found the dog had died."

R.I.P poor Inka 😢

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A school officer is charged in connection to the deaths of two K9 officers. Investigators say he shot one of them and left the other one in a hot car. A spokesperson for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said they're still working to determine the circumstances of a third set of animal remains: "This investigation is not over".
[...]

Former Cherokee County School police officer Lt. Dan Peabody was taken into custody Wednesday morning and charged with felony animal cruelty and making false statements.
[...]

Late Wednesday afternoon, the Cherokee County Marshall's Office announced Peabody's wife, Tyler Verlander, was illegally operating a kennel out of their home.

"She did not have a business license, nor was the home zoned or permitted for this type of use," a spokesperson for the Marshall's office said. "There were no indications or reasons to believe that any animals were in danger or harmed while at the home."

http://www.11alive.com/news/investi...charged-in-connection-two-k9-deaths/252360872

A school resource officer? That was a quick resignation with no fight to keep his job - will any kids be stepping forward with stories to tell?

O/T
Thanks, one day I'll learn how to post from articles. I'm assuming it involves copy and pasting a few times, but I keep losing my original post when I go back to get text after I pasted the link. Using an iPad.

:furious:

More trouble for a former Cherokee County Schools K-9 officer already charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and making false statements to a law enforcement officer.

Investigators have found the remains of a third dog at the former Paulding County home of Daniel Peabody, who was arrested after his police K-9 officer, Inca, was found dead of heat stroke after being left inside his patrol car.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/32380410/investigators-find-remains-of-third-dog-at-officers-home

What a monster this guy is. Hope all the kids he contact with as a school resource officer are safe.

Inca was left in the hot car. Another police dog (Dale) was "allegedly shot." A third dog was found shot in the head at his previous home.

"Peabody told police that he remembered that he left the dog in his patrol car a few hours later and when he went outside to check, he found Inca dead. Peabody also allegedly admitted to shooting another former K-9 partner, a yellow lab named Dale."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/k-9-police-dogs-dead-officer-daniel-peabody-investigated/

Sure hope this guy is never allowed to be LE or be near an animal ever again! :stormingmad:He ought to do alot of time, but unfortunately animal abuse isn't taken as seriously as human abuse, even though it starts that way....:behindbar
RIP Inca, Dale, and Inca's grandmother.:rose:

Sure hope this guy is never allowed to be LE or be near an animal ever again! :stormingmad:He ought to do alot of time, but unfortunately animal abuse isn't taken as seriously as human abuse, even though it starts that way....:behindbar
RIP Inca, Dale, and Inca's grandmother.:rose:

Maybe the fact that these were police K-9s will add on some time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back