CANADA Canada - Annie Yassie, 13, Churchill, MB, 22 June 1974

She was with a man at least 10 years her senior. They went into a cab together, she was so drunk that he had to physically take her out of the vehicle. When the cab came back he was the only passenger. This man apparently has since died.

Reposting Annie's picture

Attachments

• annie-yassie.jpg
    annie-yassie.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
I just don't see her making it all the way from Manitoba to Tennessee - it seems like she met with foul play in Manitoba. Also, I think the fact that she was aboriginal/indigenous would have been evident and this UID is listed as white or hispanic.

There are some similarities though...I think they had a theory worth considering, at least.

Yassie appears to have a mark on the same part of her temple as the UID.
The height and weight are reasonable for both.
Age is reasonable.
Resemblance is reasonable.

Not sure about hispanic/white vs First Nations, but we have seen cases go unsolved based on getting this wrong. (Princess Blue, for example...)

The jewelry found with the UID: A choker type necklace with beads and a white dove. A rawhide bracelet.

These may simply be 70's style, or they could be First Nations. I wish photos were available.

Yassie was described as having a thin build, and the UID was described as having large breasts, BUT those are not mutually exclusive, and she could have matured if she was a runaway or something else from 1974-1976. Having read a bit about the living conditions and life she had as a young girl, running away or something more sinister certainly could account for her ending up in Tennessee. The guy she was partying with may have killed her, or he could have helped her leave town....or helped someone else take her/sold her.

I think someone else has to have been involved in Yassie's disappearance, as both she and the guy she was drinking with took a cab to the bonfire/gravel pits place, and he took a cab back. Either someone helped him move a body, or someone else took her, or helped her leave.

Would be interesting to know how her sister's DNA test went.

AYassie.jpg Original.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back