1167 users online (259 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Need A Doctor? Head To Wal-Mart

Solantic, an urgent care company based in Jacksonville, has struck a deal with the world's largest retailer to locate walk-in clinics in two of its stores in Florida.

Each center has a board-certified physician on duty and is open on holidays and weekends, the same hours as Wal-Mart is open.

In addition, the days of cooling your heels in a waiting room are over. Solantic said after you check in, you can go out and shop in the store and you'll be paged or called on your cell phone when it's time for your appointment.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That is about what its come down to. I needed a doctor for a simple eye infection and went to one around the corner. I could have prescribed it myself but alas the AMA doesn't acknowledge me. So, 195.00 dollars later I got a script for a 19.95 script for garamycin. Not right at all.

195.00 for a Doctor's appointment...................OMG

In Canada we have a different health care system, but to attempt to give people medical care in a cost efficient and quick manner, there is a walk-in clinic at the Drug Store. They can use this clinic for minor problems or urgent care.

Beats making a Doctor's appointment for two days hence and then taking time off work and then waiting and waiting.........