The Pineapple

mjak

Reaction score
I have never been able to figure out when Jonbenet ate this pineapple.
I don't think a monster who has broken into the house to abuse and/or murder this child is going to take this child down to the kitchen and give her a snack.
If the Pineapple had been posined I would think forensics would have determined that by now. An innocent late night snack seems unlikely to me. As these children had probably been consuming christmas goodies all day and had a holiday dinner and desert. they went to bed late and with what I would imagne were fully stomachs. Not the night I would expect the kids to get up for a midnight snack. Were fingerprints ever found on the bowl or spoon? This is one of those things that tends to make me question the Ramseys description of what went on in that house that night. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mjak

mjak said:
I have never been able to figure out when Jonbenet ate this pineapple.
I don't think a monster who has broken into the house to abuse and/or murder this child is going to take this child down to the kitchen and give her a snack.
If the Pineapple had been posined I would think forensics would have determined that by now. An innocent late night snack seems unlikely to me. As these children had probably been consuming christmas goodies all day and had a holiday dinner and desert. they went to bed late and with what I would imagne were fully stomachs. Not the night I would expect the kids to get up for a midnight snack. Were fingerprints ever found on the bowl or spoon? This is one of those things that tends to make me question the Ramseys description of what went on in that house that night. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mjak

mjak,

My guess is, based on the condition and location of the pineapple in the small intestine, JonBenet ate the pineapple about one hour before she died. JonBenet was in full rigor when carried upstairs from the basement at 1:05 PM on the 26th, which means she likely died approximately 12 hours prior, or 1:00 AM. This in turn suggests she ate the pineapple around midnight.

Other than the pineapple, there was no other food in JonBenet's stomach or small intestine, suggesting she hadn't eaten anything since the cracked crab meal she consumed at about 7:00 PM at the White's house. The cracked crab meal had been digested and was represented by soft green fecal matter in her large intestine.

The fingerprints of Patsy Ramsey and Burke Ramsey were found on the small bowl containing the pineapple left out all night on the breakfast room table. A giant over-sized serving spoon stuck out of the small bowl. Fingerprint test results from the spoon were never released. In addition to the bowl of pineapple, a waterglass containing a spent tea bag, and a large box of Kleenex napkins were on the table. Burke was the resident tea drinker. Fingerprint test results from the waterglass were never released.

The breakfast room table arrangement had four chairs, each of them assigned to a Ramsey. The pineapple was close to JonBenet's normal place at the table, and the waterglass was near Burke's normal place at the table.

BlueCrab

Quote by BlueCrab:
"The fingerprints of Patsy Ramsey and Burke Ramsey were found on the small bowl containing the pineapple left out all night on the breakfast room table. A giant over-sized serving spoon stuck out of the small bowl. Fingerprint test results from the spoon were never released. In addition to the bowl of pineapple, a waterglass containing a spent tea bag, and a large box of Kleenex napkins were on the table. Burke was the resident tea drinker. Fingerprint test results from the waterglass were never released.

Why would they give the information that fingerprints of Patsy and Burke were on the bowl,but hold back about fingerprints,(if any),on on the spoon or tea glass?

I think there's a lot more evidence out there,that we do not know about.

In the "Death Of Innocence" (Or rather 'The Defense of John and Patsy')
I don't recall them discussing the pinapple yet they seemed to defend or try to explain away so much else.... is it just me or is there no mention of it at all?

Thanks
Jubie

I don't know how many aspire to this idea but I have ALWAYS thought that Jonbenet never made it to bed that night at all. To me the bed doesn't look like it was slept in since Christmas morning. The pj top that Patsy "couldn't find" that night is clearly visible as if Jonbenet had peeled it off and thrown it on the bed when she got dressed Christmas day. The covers are thrown back as if she woke up excited on Christmas morning and jumped out of bed. I think somewhere Patsy said she didn't make the beds on Christmas day, I think it's in one of her police interviews but I couldn't tell you which one off hand. We know there was an argument on Christmas day about what Jonbenet should wear over to the Whites. I wonder if there was an argument that night about what Jonbenet wanted to wear to bed? Is that possibly how all this got started? BTW, back to the pineapple, obviously ,IMO, if she didn't make it to bed that night she was up when they got home. Plenty of opportunity to eat pineapple. OK, since I'm a thread killer I guess I should apologise to the thread starter. Sorry mjak.

I tend to agree.

I don't think JonBenet went to bed that night either, if she did, working with the estimated time of her death, she wasn't in bed for long.
Which gave her plenty of time for the snack of pineapple.

trixie said:
I don't know how many aspire to this idea but I have ALWAYS thought that Jonbenet never made it to bed that night at all. To me the bed doesn't look like it was slept in since Christmas morning. The pj top that Patsy "couldn't find" that night is clearly visible as if Jonbenet had peeled it off and thrown it on the bed when she got dressed Christmas day. The covers are thrown back as if she woke up excited on Christmas morning and jumped out of bed. I think somewhere Patsy said she didn't make the beds on Christmas day, I think it's in one of her police interviews but I couldn't tell you which one off hand. We know there was an argument on Christmas day about what Jonbenet should wear over to the Whites. I wonder if there was an argument that night about what Jonbenet wanted to wear to bed? Is that possibly how all this got started? BTW, back to the pineapple, obviously ,IMO, if she didn't make it to bed that night she was up when they got home. Plenty of opportunity to eat pineapple. OK, since I'm a thread killer I guess I should apologise to the thread starter. Sorry mjak.
Wasn't Burkes bed made that morning?

capps said:
Quote by BlueCrab:
"The fingerprints of Patsy Ramsey and Burke Ramsey were found on the small bowl containing the pineapple left out all night on the breakfast room table. A giant over-sized serving spoon stuck out of the small bowl. Fingerprint test results from the spoon were never released. In addition to the bowl of pineapple, a waterglass containing a spent tea bag, and a large box of Kleenex napkins were on the table. Burke was the resident tea drinker. Fingerprint test results from the waterglass were never released.

Why would they give the information that fingerprints of Patsy and Burke were on the bowl,but hold back about fingerprints,(if any),on on the spoon or tea glass?

I think there's a lot more evidence out there,that we do not know about.
Of course LE never stated they were the "only" fingerprints found on the bowl.

Zman said:
Of course LE never stated they were the "only" fingerprints found on the bowl.

Perhaps - but it don't take 2 people to put one bowl away......

Brefie said:
Perhaps - but it don't take 2 people to put one bowl away......

Brefie,

You have to admit though,that there was "selective" information going out. Seems strange that they surely got or leaked out the prints on the bowl,which happens to be Patsy's and Burke's,but no mention or leaks of what was found on the spoon or glass.

capps said:
Brefie,

You have to admit though,that there was "selective" information going out. Seems strange that they surely got or leaked out the prints on the bowl,which happens to be Patsy's and Burke's,but no mention or leaks of what was found on the spoon or glass.
There is no doubt that LE was and is more than willing to "fake" evidence in order to attempt to put pressure on suspects. It's a pattern that repeats itself over and over again. Especially through the interviews with JR and PR.

I am of the opinion the R's planned story was JonBenet was asleep the whole time as far as they know. I think they decided to stick to this as saying they went to bed and anything that happened after no one in the family would be responsible for as they were all asleep.

IMO, they never thought about the pineapple. Once they knew it was found they decided it is better to stick to the "we were asleep" story than trip themselves up making excuses.
They had a hard enough time being consistant with what happened the night before and that morning.

capps said:
Brefie,

Abso-flippin'-lutely.

No one wants to know as badly as me about the prints found on that glass!

Zman said:
There is no doubt that LE was and is more than willing to "fake" evidence in order to attempt to put pressure on suspects. It's a pattern that repeats itself over and over again. Especially through the interviews with JR and PR.

There is also no doubt after reading through those interviews that Patsy was willing to fake a lapse in memory. For someone who seems to remember so little about recent events, it's a wonder she was able to function on a day to day basis.

Brefie said:
There is also no doubt after reading through those interviews that Patsy was willing to fake a lapse in memory. For someone who seems to remember so little about recent events, it's a wonder she was able to function on a day to day basis.
Funny, my wife would say the same thing about my memory.

Did you ever read L.A.'s deposistion regarding her lawsuit. She must say I don't remember, don't recall, don't know or I can't remember 35 times in what is a rather short interview when compared to PR's.

And to be honest I don't see why it matters. Nothing PR is "unsure" about seems to add up to a case closing shocker anyway.

Becba said:
I am of the opinion the R's planned story was JonBenet was asleep the whole time as far as they know. I think they decided to stick to this as saying they went to bed and anything that happened after no one in the family would be responsible for as they were all asleep.

IMO, they never thought about the pineapple. Once they knew it was found they decided it is better to stick to the "we were asleep" story than trip themselves up making excuses.
They had a hard enough time being consistant with what happened the night before and that morning.
Well I'll tell ya Becba that's a good point.

But how do we know what was really in that bowl?
We only know LE says there was pineapple in it.
They also tell us that PR and BR prints are on the bowl but mention nothing about the spoon or glass.
Why?
For all we know it was cereal or something from that morning.
Maybe LE was just trying to trip up there suspects again with a little "made up" evidence.

Yes, supposedly Fleet made Burkes bed that morning when he went up with John to wake him up. Now where did I read that......?

Becba said:

I have to say you and I think an awful lot alike! That is exactly what I think also. Since we're of the same opinion so far I have a question for you. Just exactly when do you think John KNEW, or do you think he was in on it from the start?

trixie said:
Yes, supposedly Fleet made Burkes bed that morning when he went up with John to wake him up. Now where did I read that......?

Now just why did he do that? Is Fleet White so organized he has to make other peoples beds up.

Why did it matter?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back