KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kansas Missing & Unsolved
13528713_833933190040213_3327670294829969353_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMissingAndUnsolved/

I don't know if I've ever seen such detailed vehicle descriptions before.....whoever the witness is has tremendous recall and is very observant. Hopefully this info will help to catch the perps ASAP.

From what I hear, and please delete if not allowed, the husband was across the road harvesting, and these are two vehicles he noticed driving around the section that he didn't recognize. He had people helping him harvest, so was cleared, from what I understand

I just learned of this yesterday, and will do some reading in Salina newspapers to get the story from the beginning. I've been to Salina several times, beautiful town. I lived in Montgomery county for 15 years, and in Seward county for 11 years, moving to Tex. this past November. Must admit that I would rather be back home!
My sincere sympathy to this family. We can all only hope this terrible crime is solved soon.

I just learned of this yesterday, and will do some reading in Salina newspapers to get the story from the beginning. I've been to Salina several times, beautiful town. I lived in Montgomery county for 15 years, and in Seward county for 11 years, moving to Tex. this past November. Must admit that I would rather be back home!
My sincere sympathy to this family. We can all only hope this terrible crime is solved soon.

I don't know much about Salina other than they have had serious enough crimes lately to make it to the news in Wichita. It was good to hear another perspective outside of what I have read.

http://salina.com/crime/deputies-kb...cle_a58441dd-af66-5a77-b121-a306c919ae2b.html
Deputies, KBI investigate rural Assaria woman's death as homicide
By ERIN MATHEWS Salina Journal - Jun 27, 2016
. . .
Lisa Short, who lives about four miles north of the Heimer farm, said that Lori Heimer bred dogs, and her husband, Ron, was busy with wheat harvest. Short said her own family was finishing up the last day of cutting wheat when one of their cutters, who serves as an emergency responder, was called to the Heimer home.
. . .
Linda Morse, a dog groomer who lives near Solomon, said she had spent time at Heimer’s kennel a couple of Saturdays teaching her techniques for grooming her puppies. She said Heimer was “a sweet, loving person,” who took good care of her puppies, which she advertised on her “Lori’s Poodle Patch” Facebook page. She said Heimer had special kennels brought in, which were on her property, not in her house.
. . .
Morse said Heimer had been invited to a friend’s house for a cookout Saturday night, and she’d told her she had an appointment to meet someone who wanted to buy a puppy first. She said when Heimer hadn’t arrived at the cookout by 6:30 p.m., her friend called her house and got no answer.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/As...rities-asking-for-information--384756651.html
KBI seeks two vehicles, possible suspect in Assaria murder
Posted: Tue 5:03 PM, Jun 28, 2016 | Updated: Wed 10:19 PM, Jun 29, 2016
. . .
Morse says Heimer told others she was meeting someone to show them a dog before going to a barbecue that night.
. . .
Friends believe whoever Heimer met before that barbecue was the last person to see her alive.

I wonder what the motive was? This is just so odd that a dog breeder could be in danger. It would seem to be a fairly safe occupation. (Although I do remember a pregnant dog breeder who was murdered for her baby years ago, I think somewhere in the Midwest as well.)

Hopefully they are able to glean some info from her phone and/or Internet records.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope we have some news regarding Lori's murder soon. It seems that the detailed description of the two trucks would trigger someone's memory as they would definitely stand out. I feel awful for her husband.....this must be so hard for him.

Lori's murder reminds me of Pat Kimmi's kidnapping and murder. Who would expect something so awful to happen on a nice, quiet farm?

Yes, the other case you mentioned was a young woman who bred and sold puppies. She and her husband were expecting their first baby and we're very excited. She talked about the baby on her website.
The heartless killer befriended her via the website and telephone, with the pretense that she was also pregnant and was interested in getting a puppy. She killed Bobbie Jo in her own home in a small town in Missouri. The killer was actually from Kansas. This was her second marriage and her husband believed she was pregnant and thought Bobbie's baby was actually theirs. Luckily, there was info on Bobbie's computer that lead police to the killer within 3 or 4 days. I believe there is a movie about this, but I don't know the name of it. The young mother killed was Bobbie Jo Stinnett.
Maybe that checking Lori's computer and any records or phone calls she made or received will help track these killers. The LE may have already done this. Her husband maybe could help if he sees strange #s on the phone bill or comes across something like a notepad with unfamiliar names or numbers that might be a different area code. Hopefully something will happen soon to get these awful people off the streets and locked up permanently.

Horrifying. These men need to be found and with those vehicle descriptions, it should not take long.

<mod snip>
Hoping for an arrest today! With the holiday, maybe somebody will spot one of the PU's on the road.

I hate that there hasn't been an arrest made yet for this family. LH's funeral was Saturday, and they had to lay her to rest with no suspect in custody

I hate that there hasn't been an arrest made yet for this family. LH's funeral was Saturday, and they had to lay her to rest with no suspect in custody

I wish there was already an arrest, too. I honestly thought this was going to be an easy one to solve.

Well, at least I can say after reading the articles Assoc with Lori's murder that I'm happy KBI is assisting with the investigation, and it has been reported that there was quite a bit of evidence left at the scene. No doubt we should have new developments soon.
I can't imagine anyone killing over a puppy, and I believe that with two suspicious vehicles in the area this was not random. I'm thinking the perps were intent on robbery. She could have been killed because she didn't have enough money, or didn't have whatever else they were looking for.
This is just horrible and I hope there will be an arrest soon. My heart goes out to the family and friends. Hopefully we'll have some updates very soon.

Just read an article about a 34 yr old man wanted by Salina police in the stabbing of two men. Wonder if he could be associated with Lori's death? Since we don't know just how she was killed, makes me think that the two could be related, due to the location and timeline of the crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back