784 users online (114 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    'Four members of the Raad family from Melbourne - Ahmed, Ezzit, Majed and Bassam Raad - were among 12 men tried for terrorism in connection with a plan to wage "violent jihad" on Australia as a punishment for sending troops to Afghanistan.

The gang were accused of planning to blow up the Australian Football League's Grand Final, held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, in September 2005. They then planned further attacks on sporting venues across the city. '

Herald Sun newspaper reported.

The Herald Sun understands a deceased woman, who police had been unable to identify since her body was discovered in Dallas on June 17, is Raad’s wife — a Lebanese national called Zaynab.

She had been bashed and her fingers removed

Quote Originally Posted by 1968 View Post
    My heart goes out to those littlies as well, Bo. I wonder, if as earlier speculated, the Dallas lady was in fact a sharia killing? And the mention of the masked Man who drives up to the property only to drive off in a great hurry, pursued by police, what's all that about? Come back to finish the job?
    Rescue the children ?
    One of the articles (HeraldSun) mentioned that a neighbour spoke to her (the mother of the children) and she was told by her husband to 'go inside' he sounds like a pretty hardline sort of a dude.
    If in fact the husband is Bassam Raad, theres a fair bit in the media about him. He's known to police for sure.
    I'm sure we'll hear more about the masked driver in the near future. There's been some strange goings on around Melbourne that may be connected to this woman's alleged murder. Thank God the police arrived at the Broadmeadows house when they did or this may have ended in a triple murder/suicide.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-05-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

The Herald Sun understands a deceased woman, who police had been unable to identify since her body was discovered in Dallas on June 17, is Raad’s wife — a Lebanese national called Zaynab.

She had been bashed and her fingers removed

Poor woman. I hope, too, her children didn't witness her death.

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Sick of this crap.......poor lady probably just wanted a good life for her children...

Ask him and his 11 friends their poliitical views...if they are radicals. .....put em on the first flight to wherever they want to go...and dont let them back in......bloody coward ****tards

The forensic police were seen going into the broadmeadows home with shovels. I wonder if this is why...

This matter is open, because amputated limbs do not come under the same ruling as the whole person. There is no reason why they should not be put with the garbage, but burying them in the ground out of respect towards them is preferable. But the matter is open, praise be to Allaah, as we said. They do not have to be washed (ghusl) and buried unless it is a foetus of more than four months’ gestation. But if it was merely flesh into which the soul had not yet been breathed, or it was an amputated finger or something similar, then the matter is open. But burying it in the ground is good and is preferable.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Amputation_in_Islam
    Last edited by 1968; 07-05-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puggle View Post
    Sick of this crap.......poor lady probably just wanted a good life for her children...

Ask him and his 11 friends their poliitical views...if they are radicals. .....put em on the first flight to wherever they want to go...and dont let them back in......bloody coward ****tards
    You're right Puggle. And it's scary that this poor lady was brought here from Lebanon and married to him. The children were apparently not allowed to go to school and she was not allowed to talk to her family. They were essentially prisoners. How the heck can this happen?

You're right Puggle. And it's scary that this poor lady was brought here from Lebanon and married to him. The children were apparently not allowed to go to school and she was not allowed to talk to her family. They were essentially prisoners. How the heck can this happen?
    Sadly there is a lot of this happening now in this country. Many of the women here have no more freedom from their husbands than they would have back in a strictly patriarchal society in their country of origin. Poor, poor lady and her little children. This is so horrible. She was just treated as a worse than a chattel. How can we do something to prevent this happening and the life of isolation and abuse the women and children suffer?

I'm glad she has been tentatively identified. How horrific!

http://24indianews.com/1-man-held-in...dallas-murder/

Not only murdered...

she had been tourtured....mutilated with fingers cut off.
    Last edited by Puggle; 07-05-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puggle View Post
    http://24indianews.com/1-man-held-in...dallas-murder/

Not only murdered...

she had been tourtured....mutilated with fingers cut off.
    I was talking with a Jordanian friend, who's a moderate Muslim, this evening. He said people are sentenced in some fundamentalist Muslim countries to have their fingers cut off as a punishment for stealing. Let me reiterate this is an extreme form of punishment, and not the norm.

After discussing it further, he said he thinks Zaynab's death may likely be due to extreme family violence ending in her murder, and her fingers were cut off to make her identification more difficult.

Again, thank goodness VICPOL turned up when they did. Too late for Zaynab but early enough to save her children from the same fate.

All my own opinion and that of my Jordanian friend, of course.

So he was just hopng to 'disappear' her? She had family, in Lebanon, and here in Australia too. But no one recognised the identikit pic. It mustn't have looked much like her in life. Those poor children. I hope they can be with loving caring family.

So he was just hopng to 'disappear' her? She had family, in Lebanon, and here in Australia too. But no one recognised the identikit pic. It mustn't have looked much like her in life. Those poor children. I hope they can be with loving caring family.
    Only God Knows what he was hoping. Zaynab was savagely beaten so the police artist may have had a difficult task to 'recreate' her face. Bless those children. This is truly a case where the best interests of the children need to be uppermost in the minds of everyone involved in the decision-making process.

Man charged with murder over Dallas body discovery remanded to face court
    ABC News
    Updated 23 minutes ago (as of 08:47 07/07/2016)
    Posted yesterday at 7:47pm

'Bassam Raad attended an out-of-sessions hearing on Wednesday night, where he was charged with one count of murder and three counts of intentionally causing serious injury.'

'He said he was a loving and caring father who would never harm his children.

He was remanded to appear before Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday.'

'Raad was arrested on Monday after police were called to a disturbance at a house about 11:00pm.

He was arrested at the scene and three children, aged six, four and two years old, were taken to hospital.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...-court/7575182

Those kind of men don't do anything by their religion unless it suits their own selfish purposes, he cut off her fingers to avoid identification or for his own sick pleasure. His goat is cooked though, there's no explaining not reporting her missing and the blood in the house without him being the culprit. He will get a rubbish sentence though, murderers in Victoria barely even make two decades in jail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast