Death for child molesters who kill?

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A state lawmaker wants to do away with sentencing hearings for those convicted of molesting and then killing a child — and automatically condemn them to die.
The proposal by Rep. Dave Ure, R-Kamas, is one of three measures expected to be introduced in the upcoming Legislature that would deal with sex offenders.
Rep. Paul Ray, R-Clearfield, has proposals to help rehabilitate first-time sex offenders more effectively and to make a sentence of life in prison without parole mandatory for second-time sex offenders.
Ure said he realizes his proposal for an "automatic death penalty" for murdering a child under 15 years of age, as well as sexually abusing or raping them, is a radical change in how Utah deals with capital murder convictions. Currently, juries or judges decide, in separate penalty-phase hearings after conviction, whether the sentence is death or life without parole.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635155452,00.html

Why, so they all move to Michigan or other states that don't have the DP??

I wish that they could make a consistent sentence that would be good for every single state. Of course, I'll bet these buttheads never think to the future when they kidnap them - about what the possible consequences could be.

Pook said:
Why, so they all move to Michigan or other states that don't have the DP??

I wish that they could make a consistent sentence that would be good for every single state. Of course, I'll bet these buttheads never think to the future when they kidnap them - about what the possible consequences could be.

Most that I have read about do seem to have this compulsion to rape. Some also seem to have a compulsion to kill, while others seem to kill to try to cover up the crime. No law is going to stop it until the sentence is applied.
IMO, raping a child under say 14 yo or when there is an age difference of more than 5 yrs. (ie she's 15, he's 20) should be an automatic life sentence, and if the child is killed, should be an automatic death penalty no matter what the age.

I don't believe in automatic death sentences. While some people simply deserve to die -- and most child rapist/killers would qualify -- I think an automatic death sentence does not suit the character of our judicial system -- we are supposed to have the best justice system in the world, where people think carefully before convicting and punishing offenders. Automatic death sentences smack of Syria or some other country the US condemns for human rights violations.

mysteriew said:
A state lawmaker wants to do away with sentencing hearings for those convicted of molesting and then killing a child — and automatically condemn them to die.
All I have to say about this is....It's about darn time!I firmly believe (sheilds herself from the impending flames of naysayers) that these freaks cannot and will not be be "reformed", I am so tired of the mental illness excuse and what the hell ever they want to blame it on these days.There are free mental health clinics in almost every city in this country. Their victims didn't get any reprieves and neither should they.IMPO all pedophiles should be put to death if it is proven that they have in fact hurt a child in any way!:furious:
Sorry for the rant guys but this is just getting out of hand.

I think life in prison or death is a good idea, however if they are going to be released I think pedophile should be tattooed in black across their forehead.

I hope the law also gives a TIMELIMIT OF ONE YEAR for appeals and then throw them to the frickin' lions. Either that, or just let them loose in the "regular" prison community. Let the boys take care of the scum.

About DAMN TIME.

Sounds good to me, especially since child molesters who have been caught and jailed for molesting (not killing) a child often switch their tactics to kill the children when they are let out, to eliminate the witness, to try to stay out of prision. That behavior needs to be given a much more hefty penalty, and death is just about it.

meggilyweggily said:
I don't believe in automatic death sentences. While some people simply deserve to die -- and most child rapist/killers would qualify -- I think an automatic death sentence does not suit the character of our judicial system -- we are supposed to have the best justice system in the world, where people think carefully before convicting and punishing offenders. Automatic death sentences smack of Syria or some other country the US condemns for human rights violations.
Meggilyweggily...While I understand what you are saying, I feel differently. Desperate times require desperate measures. I really don't think that these people can be rehabilitated ...at all.
Maybe it would make the rapists/killers give more careful thought before committing these horrible and unforgivable crimes. Imo, these twisted individuals don't deserve any human/civil rights.They should be violated like the innocent victims whose lives they have taken or ruined.

mysteriew said:
The proposal by Rep. Dave Ure, R-Kamas, is one of three measures expected to be introduced in the upcoming Legislature that would deal with sex offenders.
Rep. Paul Ray, R-Clearfield, has proposals to help rehabilitate first-time sex offenders more effectively and to make a sentence of life in prison without parole mandatory for second-time sex offenders.
Ure said he realizes his proposal for an "automatic death penalty" for murdering a child under 15 years of age, as well as sexually abusing or raping them, is a radical change in how Utah deals with capital murder convictions. Currently, juries or judges decide, in separate penalty-phase hearings after conviction, whether the sentence is death or life without parole.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635155452,00.html
Opponents of the DP always say "this won't bring them back" (duh) and "this won't stop anyone", but for me that's not the point. There are simply some crimes that are so heinous that should you be found guilty of having committed them, you should have your game piece taken off the board permenently and for real. Sorry, dude--but no more passing go, no get out of jail free card, no $200 dolalrs. You are OUTTA HERE. Don't let the door hit you on the *advertiser censored* on the way to Hell.

I think I should add here that I don't have any problem with sentencing people to life in prison without parole. This also takes their piece off the board. It's much less expensive as well (death row appeals add up to quite a lot of money).

Actually, I use 'death' as shorthand for the strongest penalty possible. I'd like to see the death penalty go away, because it's expensive, slow, and when an error happens, there is no way to right it to any degree. But LWOP will do just fine, so long as the LWOP's are treated as they are - just werehoused people - no rehab for them, no privileges, nada.

DP doesn't bring the kids back. And it doesn't really make the problem go away as it seems like the more we put away, the more killers come out of the woodwork.
Some say my solution is to inhumane. But I think that child killers should be declared the walking dead. Alive and existing only to further testing and treatment experiments. Lock then completely away, no contact at all with the outside world. No newspapers, magazines, TV, relative visits, attornies or anything. Their days should consist only of interviewing with the psychiatrists, investigators, surgeorns and etc. who are working toward finding a way to stop this landslide. Every test should be run, no matter how invasive or risky. After everything they can give has been exhausted, then they can be used for trial experiments for treatment. Whether it be surgical, medication, or brain surgery. When they have no more investigative value, then they should be put to death and if their victims have not been found, then they should be buried in a nameless, unmarked grave somewhere.

I firmly believe that the only way that laws to do with violent child sex offenders are ever going to change is for us citizens to stand up...united...and say ENOUGH!

What these politicians don't understand is that they are ELECTED OFFICIALS. They work for us. If they don't want to help clean this world up there is always another politician waiting in the wings...anxious to get in that door.

This week I have made it my mission to contact every Senator, Congressperson, and Representative in my state...Washington. I have sent each a letter giving my views and why I feel the way that I feel. It is blunt and to the point. Not rude but I didn't pussy foot around. In my letter I talk about passing "Jessica's Law." The need to take the power back from judges who care more about the violent sex offenders then they care about our children. To take the power back from the Department of Corrections who often recommend a child rapist, child molester, etc, be released early because it can't be PROVEN that they will re-offend even through the Department of Corrections gives them the label of a Level III offender when they leave prison....the worst of the worst....most certain to re-offend!

I have talked to some of the politicians in my area and have been told....make sure that you contact our Democrats as it has been the democrats who refuse to vote for change. I'm neither Republician or Democrat...I vote for the person who has the ideals I'm looking for...not if they have a (R) or a (D) behind their name. Anyway, I found that interesting. I wasn't given any names or anything but I've contacted every (R) and every (D).

Today I received a letter from one of our Senators and felt like she kind of circled the subject. I guess politicians are good at that. I don't think that she will vote for tougher laws like "Jessica's Law." She seems to think we are doing just fine!

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to toughen up the laws for these violent child sex offenders. What will it take...their kid or grandkid getting violently raped, molested, or what?

I feel like most of you...I don't give a chit about these perverts rights. Why should they have even one right in this world. Damage a child and you are out of here...is the way it should be. Someone mentioned a tatoo on the forehead that says "I'm a violent sex offender"...that should come IF they are let out after the first offense...that would be great. I can think of so many things we could do if it weren't for these soft hearted judges and politicians who care more about the offenders then they do about our children.

Change only comes through citizens uniting together and speaking up. Are we fed up enough to stand together and let these people who make the decisions that have to do with our lives and the lives of our families know that we have had it with their lax laws and the way they pamper these perverts? Are we ready to inform them that THEY WORK FOR US? Until this happens I don't foresee anything changing. We can grumble among ourselves but that won't bring about change. So far there are 3 states that are tough on violent sex offenders. 3 states out of the whole USA...unbelievable. I know my state isn't one of them. Check out the map on oreilly@foxnews.com.

I'll get off of my soap box now but it is the truth. We need to flood our congress and senate and representatives with letters and emails. They need to hear our feelings from our own mouths and they need to be reminded that they work for us and they can be replaced during the next election. They need to start putting our children first and come to realize that children aren't second class citizens. They were hired to do a job...start doing it!

mysteriew said:
DP doesn't bring the kids back. And it doesn't really make the problem go away as it seems like the more we put away, the more killers come out of the woodwork.
Some say my solution is to inhumane. But I think that child killers should be declared the walking dead. Alive and existing only to further testing and treatment experiments. Lock then completely away, no contact at all with the outside world. No newspapers, magazines, TV, relative visits, attornies or anything. Their days should consist only of interviewing with the psychiatrists, investigators, surgeorns and etc. who are working toward finding a way to stop this landslide. Every test should be run, no matter how invasive or risky. After everything they can give has been exhausted, then they can be used for trial experiments for treatment. Whether it be surgical, medication, or brain surgery. When they have no more investigative value, then they should be put to death and if their victims have not been found, then they should be buried in a nameless, unmarked grave somewhere.
Well, it might be "too inhumane", but I think it sounds like a great idea!! Two thumbs up. :D

mysteriew said:
Very well said ,this has my vote too.:clap:

mysteriew said:
At last someone with the right idea . :clap: :clap:

Details said:
Actually, I use 'death' as shorthand for the strongest penalty possible. I'd like to see the death penalty go away, because it's expensive, slow, and when an error happens, there is no way to right it to any degree. But LWOP will do just fine, so long as the LWOP's are treated as they are - just werehoused people - no rehab for them, no privileges, nada.
Yeah, I totally agree. I am against the death penalty for precisely the reason you mentioned -- if an innocent person is executed, as happens more often than most people want to think about, there's nothing that can be done. A person sentenced to LWOP can at least be released if they turn out to be innocent.

I think people on LWOP should be given the basic food, shelter, medical care, and something to do with their time. Some work or something. That will keep them from rioting, for everyone knows idleness is the tool of the devil. But I think most prison resources should be concentrated on people who aren't LWOPed -- those who are still allowed some hope. Let them be educated, trained, etc.

I am pro DP....but if that can't be made a law..how about lwop in GENERAL population... Right now a predator knows if he/she is caught,they become a protected species...segregated because harm might befall them...well excuse me all to hel* and back,but they should be protected against people that might hurt them and yet our children aren't ? As for rights,they should have the same ones they gave our children....NONE,ZIP,NADA..let them loose in gen pop and let them experience the fear etc for once. Of course we have to figure out how to get rid of the ACLU,first...or at least in the name of GOD,get them to want our childrens rights to not be violated.
I totally agree with all in here..we need to say ENOUGH . And then show we mean it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back